What's new

Indian Special Forces

Thanks here is the link: ????? ????? ?????????? ??...! ?????? - ?????? ?????? ?????? ???????? ????

[video]http://khabar.ndtv.com/video/show/ndtv-india-documentary/257589[/video]

PS: Why is that reporter allways wearing the exactly same dress?

+ Notice that the Garuds also use Negev + INSAS LMGs
Nice catch mate!! Now NDTV have made 2 documentaries on the Garuds and 1 on PARA (SF) next is MARCOs (we can only hope!).
Very impressed with how far they have come- if you look at the Rocky And Mayur show on the Gardis from 2 years ago to 2012.

+ it was cool seeing their entire range of operations from CSAR to FAC and force protection duty. Had never actually seen Indian for es using laser designators nor had I seen downed pilot rescue drills.

Nice catch mate!! Now NDTV have made 2 documentaries on the Garuds and 1 on PARA (SF) next is MARCOs (we can only hope!).
Very impressed with how far they have come- if you look at the Rocky And Mayur show on the Gardis from 2 years ago to 2012.

+ it was cool seeing their entire range of operations from CSAR to FAC and force protection duty. Had never actually seen Indian for es using laser designators nor had I seen downed pilot rescue drills.

My Hindi is quite bad, but as far as I have understood the laser designators are used to find targets for LGBs right?
Any ya, the next logical step is to show the MARCOs on NDTV :D

My Hindi is quite bad, but as far as I have understood the laser designators are used to find targets for LGBs right?
Any ya, the next logical step is to show the MARCOs on NDTV :D

Right- the FAC (foreword air controller) on the ground "lazes" the target with the designator and the LGB follows this laser to the intended target.
@Koovie I wouldn't hold my breath on a MARCOs documentary anytime soon!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks here is the link: ????? ????? ?????????? ??...! ?????? - ?????? ?????? ?????? ???????? ????

[video]http://khabar.ndtv.com/video/show/ndtv-india-documentary/257589[/video]

i think rajeev ranjan is one of the most enthusiastic stretagic media reporter , bcoz of him alot of unseen pics and untold story of indian military have came out in public and to whole world . Very simple, layman style arguments and questions make his hindi reporting (unlike our so called great eng speaking journos like barkha who dont even know what to ask a military personal at which time ) even more attractive to general people. Bcoz of his som magnificiant SF docu jingos like us is now able to jumping up infrnt of our neighbouring frnds when it comes up to the SF releated discussion ..

so HATS OFF to him :mps: :mps:

Right- the FAC (foreword air controller) on the ground "lazes" the target with the designator and the LGB follows this laser to the intended target.
@Koovie I wouldn't hold my breath on a MARCOs documentary anytime soon!!

i would like to add the SFF into this wish list of MARCOS becoz imo SFF is the most secretive among armed forces and not even a single media covrage of this unit had not yet seen so far .

Although this agency are of their own kind , standard and different mode of operation , and it is far beyond my ability to rate this guys but after gethering some amnt of knowledge i would like to arrange these guys in following manner:

1--> MARCOS(IN) --> most deadly
2---> PARAS(IA)--> most proffesional
3----> GARUDS(IAF)---> new guys in town but improving very fast
4-----> SFF(RAW)----> most secretive (i don no why)
5-----> RR(IA C & I part)---> most ruthless ( dat's why they are fit for sending pigs to hell)
6-----> COBRA( CRPF )----> one of the best under MHA , best for naxals & maoist and in house jungle warfare but need to be
more militarised

last but not the least
7---> NSG (MHA)---> imo most potent for the urban SWAT operation, hijacking and CQBs operations , true definition of commandos .... having a large potential buttttttt we are neglecting it and deteriorating its potential

i would like to add the SFF into this wish list of MARCOS becoz imo SFF is the most secretive among armed forces and not even a single media covrage of this unit had not yet seen so far .

Although this agency are of their own kind , standard and different mode of operation , and it is far beyond my ability to rate this guys but after gethering some amnt of knowledge i would like to arrange these guys in following manner:

1--> MARCOS(IN) --> most deadly
2---> PARAS(IA)--> most proffesional
3----> GARUDS(IAF)---> new guys in town but improving very fast
4-----> SFF(RAW)----> most secretive (i don no why)
5-----> RR(IA C & I part)---> most ruthless ( dat's why they are fit for sending pigs to hell)
6-----> COBRA( CRPF )----> one of the best under MHA , best for naxals & maoist and in house jungle warfare but need to be
more militarised

last but not the least
7---> NSG (MHA)---> imo most potent for the urban SWAT operation, hijacking and CQBs operations , true definition of commandos .... having a large potential buttttttt we are neglecting it and deteriorating its potential
Sir, I've posted this before, so I'll do it again:

I'll have a crack at it.

Firstly there are ONLY THREE actual/true Special Forces (SF/SOF) in India-
IAF-Garud
Garud Commando Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IA-PARA (SF)
Para Commandos (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IN-MARCOs
MARCOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+note- the PARA (SF) are part of the PARA regiment that also has regular PARA (airborne) btns as part of it who are well trained but not SF just like regular airborne forces found in other armies like 82nd Airborne of US.

By and large Indian SOFs very much like to keep to themselves and let their actions speak for themselves, this is sort of their unofficial mantra. As such, unlike with other SOFs, you won't find too much info on them.

+There is also the RR (Rashtriya Rifles)- a dedicated Counter Insurgency force of the IA who operate mostly in J&K. They are drwan from all arms of the IA although it is mandated 50% of the force must be from the infantry and all members are deputated to the force for a period of time before returning to their parent units.

Rashtriya Rifles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there are a other specilzed forces-
-Ghataks (In western lexicon they would be reffered to as "Special Operations Capable") are Special Operations Capable infantry platoons attactched toevery Infantry battalion in the Indian Army .

Ghatak Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-SFF/Special Group-Under remit of RAW and act in similar ways to the SAD of CIA. Whilst SFF were made up of mainly Tibetan refugees, Special Group (a counter terror unit within the SFF whose existence is officially denied by GoI) is manned by mostly Indian SOF personal on deputation. Very little is actually known about these unit but whenever you here of RAW lifting some bad guy in the region say Nepal,BD or SL it is more likely than not this is SFF/SG.

Special Frontier Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-NSG (a special intervention force) split in two groups (Special Action Group, SAG and Special Ranger Group,SRG), SAG is made up of IA guys on 3 year deputation tours and are the actual "shooters" who carry out any sort of domestic counter terror action and on the whole remains elusive and shadowy. SRG are the more camera-friendly guys whose sole responsibility is VVIP protection and members of SRG are CaPFs on deputation. It should be noted that despite NSG being initially set up as a dedicated CT force because of the babu nature in India the number of personal in SRG now vastly outnumber the number of "shooters" in SAG.The SAG atleast could be understood to be similar to the FBI's HRT in remit and training.

National Security Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there are the numourous CaPFs who also have specilized units:

-CRPF COBRAs: A dedicated anti-Naxal force which has grown in both size and capabilty and are actually delivering tangible results in the field. Armed with ever increasing tactics (notably recently the induction of dedicated sniper-spotter teams for intel gathering and other such sniper related work) and weaponary including recently the X-95.

Commando Battalion for Resolute Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-ITBP Commandos: A specilised unit within ITBP which is well trained and,relatively, well armed. The force has been deployed (for whatever reason) to protect the Indian diplomatic mission in Afghanistan after targetted bobmbings.

Indo-Tibetan Border Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-BSF: The BSF has mulitple "commando" units including the Crocidile commandos (seriously this is thir name!) whose responsiblty is patrolling creeks and water bodies close to Pakistan.

Border Security Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-RPF: The Railway Protection force too has their own dedicated commando unit. I'm not too clued up on them tbh so can't really give a fair analysis of their training/equipment.

These days most states have Special Response/Emergency response units especially in response to 26/11. Surprisingly it does seem like most of these are well trained and well equipped.

There needs to be a further understanding of what the true definition of Special Forces and Commandos are to stop this unneeded and pointless proliferation of the "commando" identity it cheapens it for all those units that are truly deserving of the title and have worked bloody hard to earn it.

To note, the SPG is NOT a special/commando force as TOO many people claim. They are an incredibly well trained and equipeed executive protection agency for PM/ex PMs, Pres and their families- THAT IS ALL.

Special Protection Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Sir, calling a certain SF the "most deadly" or "most professional" etc is not needed- they are ALL deadly in their own right and in their own way. You may say the PARA (SF) are the most professional but does that make the MARCOs and others unprofessional??!

Indian Air Force Special Forces (Garuds):

garud1.png

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR have you checked out the new Garuds vid?

Yup..but without audio.Life is busy these days.

Anyways..they look much more professional and well equipped than before.Surely looked like a SF and i take my words back of under rating them.

Would have loved to see BPJ and a helmet but apart from that the weaponry was top notch and skills were good too.

Back
Top Bottom