What's new

Indian Special Forces

@Abingdonboy, do you know what type of Bullet proof jacket the SF uses? Are they made in India or bought from foreign vendors?

I don't know the names but it is a mix. Some are procured from abroad some are procured from India.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one game changer in SFO or even general combat personnel gear in most western countries is the modular vests. One can easily SNAP various modules onto a vest and get going depending on the scope of the mission.

For example, a soldier would carry
- magazines (packed in a, or multiple modular pack(s))
- canteen pack
- camel/hydration pack
- toolkit pack
- general purpose pouch
- radio/communications pack

all attached on a MODULAR vest on which the above items can be attached and detached (and again attached with more load bearing packs/pouches).

The Modular pack system in my opinion is one of the best systems ever devised and is a far better cry compared to the H type or Y type load bearing units of yesteryears.

I don't know the names but it is a mix. Some are procured from abroad some are procured from India.

Afaik there are 3 BPJs in use.One is the old one which is very heavy and has 1 bulky metal plate in the front and back.The other one is TATA made and much lighter than the older one.The third one is super light..i have no idea about the make and it has composites.

This thread is missing some pics from the "Know your Army" mela that took place in Mumbai of which Para Commandos were a part.

Someone please post the pics and they can be found in Indian Army Fans page on FB.

Thanks in advance.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

182335_215171731952215_1859627280_n.jpg

546793_215171705285551_1119235592_n.jpg

576456_215171695285552_1770862662_n.jpg

155477_215171841952204_883769386_n.jpg

403660_215171795285542_1135497610_n.jpg

154702_215171791952209_1245832255_n.jpg

68187_215171758618879_21851048_n.jpg

406620_215171735285548_1113671581_n.jpg

this is from mumbai know your army mela on 15 and 16 dec on the eve of vijay diwas , i was also present there but it was my f@#kng stupidity that all my snaps got shift+deleted .......... so nw i am felling like sh#t after seeing these pics..........ohh my god what a ga$%u i am.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

this is from mumbai know your army mela on 15 and 16 dec on the eve of vijay diwas , i was also present there but it was my f@#kng stupidity that all my snaps got shift+deleted .......... so nw i am felling like sh#t after seeing these pics..........ohh my god what a ga$%u i am.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

How did you mange that lol!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Commiserations sir.

C'mon dude C'mon.

Let us congratulate Abingdonboy cuz atleast he didn't delete his pics:enjoy:

How did you mange that lol!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Commiserations sir.

yahh i m cursng myself evryde for this f@#$$ng lol!!! :suicide2: but not an issue i am right nw in the city where these guys had came from army southern comnd HQ pune :cool: n now in evry wkend i will roam arnd the rqurd places in the city and try to provide u guys with some nice pic from army comnd and most probably of SU30s (as pune airport itself in lohegaon) and most impt thing is dat my tickets are already booked for AERO india 13 so wt for sm nice pics of garuds and raffy :devil: :devil:

i am doing all this despite having a bloddy f##kng soft eng job so you guys must give credit to me ;)

yahh i m cursng myself evryde for this f@#$$ng lol!!! :suicide2: but not an issue i am right nw in the city where these guys had came from army southern comnd HQ pune :cool: n now in evry wkend i will roam arnd the rqurd places in the city and try to provide u guys with some nice pic from army comnd and most probably of SU30s (as pune airport itself in lohegaon) and most impt thing is dat my tickets are already booked for AERO india 13 so wt for sm nice pics of garuds and raffy :devil: :devil:

i am doing all this despite having a bloddy f##kng soft eng job so you guys must give credit to me ;)
Very nice work my freind! Am hoping to catch some of your great work to come!!

+ @jiki sir, if you could- can you please obscure the identities of any SF operator before posting pics of them here? I have spoken to a cousin of mine who is in the IA (not SF) and he has told me that Indian SF blokes get pretty hacked off if they see pics of Indian SF operators without their faces obscured online. Anecdotally I am told this has caused some serious operational issues aka JK CT ops. It is a simple enough job using Photoshop or even Paint!

Am eagerly awaiting your work mate!!

Back
Top Bottom