What's new

Indian RFP for six new-generation submarines

Mr. Jha thanks for your Sweeeeets I took two Pices "sorry" Good How many submarine in 2020 any body teel me. I think it is new order not existing order

yes..you are right...these are new orders for 6 submarines ..

Mr. Jha thanks for your Sweeeeets I took two Pices "sorry" Good How many submarine in 2020 any body teel me. I think it is new order not existing order

1. 6 new french scorpene submarines under construction.

2. 6 new stealth AIP submarines for which this thread stands for, Navy will go for German submarines.

3. 1 Russian Akula Nuclear submarine will arrive this year.

4. 3 Indian Arihant class Nuclear submarine, one submarine is out and rest 2 are under construction.

= Total 16 New submarines, Out of which 12 will be diesel and 4 will be Nuclear Submarines.

How can that be possible when the RFP (request for proposal) was given to Rosoboronexport (Russian), DCNS/Armaris (French), HDW (German) and Navantia (Spain).???

Americans are out of it as Navy won't compromise less then full TOT.

2. 6 new stealth AIP submarines for which this thread stands for, Navy will go for German submarines.

4. 3 Indian Arihant class Nuclear submarine, one submarine is out and rest 2 are under construction.

= Total 16 New submarines, Out of which 12 will be diesel and 4 will be Nuclear Submarines.

When second sub of Arihant class laid down ??????

What can be the BIGGER PICTURE..? Most probably they will give us the techs. of Engine and AIP propulsion. When we know we are not going to make one of these why bother for this TOT.

Jha ji TOT to any weapons platform is not entirely useless...first of all we all know it makes us immune to sanction..dont know if many know or not but during kargil war we were refused parts for our sea harriers which had affected the operational capabilty..apart from that the tech for AIP propulsion is required in future we would want make something on our own too if the need arises..apart from that this incredibly high price could be beacuse:

making up of infrastructure,training,life cycle cost.it may be possible that deal includes the cost of MLU also.

as i have mentioned already do you really think it just 6 subs :disagree:looking at the future with 3 Aircraft carriers..the delivery these subs would match that to the delivery of IAC-1 & IAC-2:smokin:

Obvious reasons new generation subs would incorporate the best of what we get from all the world..french,indian,isreali and what not
This news is old its just this that the price has come in for the first time..n yes last but not the least
agar dulha khana kha raha hain toh barati bhi toh kuch kahenge

Jha ji TOT to any weapons platform is not entirely useless...first of all we all know it makes us immune to sanction..dont know if many know or not but during kargil war we were refused parts for our sea harriers which had affected the operational capabilty..apart from that the tech for AIP propulsion is required in future we would want make something on our own too if the need arises..apart from that this incredibly high price could be beacuse:

making up of infrastructure,training,life cycle cost.it may be possible that deal includes the cost of MLU also.

as i have mentioned already do you really think it just 6 subs :disagree:looking at the future with 3 Aircraft carriers..the delivery these subs would match that to the delivery of IAC-1 & IAC-2:smokin:

Obvious reasons new generation subs would incorporate the best of what we get from all the world..french,indian,isreali and what not
This news is old its just this that the price has come in for the first time..n yes last but not the least
agar dulha khana kha raha hain toh barati bhi toh kuch kahenge

this attitude for condoning corruption is taking the toll on the country....no way in hell defence minister can justify this cost even if TOT is taken into consideration

Kya khabar sunai hai yaar...

for all indians...

indian20sweets.jpg

:p:P:p:P:P

this attitude for condoning corruption is taking the toll on the country....no way in hell defence minister can justify this cost even if TOT is taken into consideration

till date antony has been the best defence minister if iam to give my personal view he has broken the vicious circle of midlle men surrounding evry military deal which looks to then like a pie..but trust me we also at times get a way to high looking at high prices..specially for this deal the high prices just cannot go sky rocketing high beacuse of corruption only..my 2 cents on this:cheers:

i would want to go fr the german subs as they are the silent killers...although it looks to me that Indian navy is aggresively planning something,who knows they may buy dolphins and make then nuclear armed just like what isrealis did.

When second sub of Arihant class laid down ??????

The first one is out and other 2 are at under construction.

What do you think we have created infrastructure for nuclear submarine and building new hulls, obviously we want more nuke subs.

And as i have replied to the poster he was asking for 2020 framework. And as we have all the infrastructure for nuke subs and 10 year to make just 2 nuke subs we can easily make it.

"A total of three submarines of the Arihant class are proposed to be built over the next five years.
Hulls for two additional Arihant class subs are currently being built at Hazira."

Plz. refer:
INS Arihant - Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

"While the present project reportedly ends at three units, defence officials have not ruled out building larger submarines on the basis of national strategic imperatives. These have changed since the conception of the project. By the time the first unit was launched in July 2009, the construction of the hull for the next one was reportedly already underway at the Larson and Toubro (L&T) facility at Hazira where the first hull was built. "

Plz refer:
Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV)

till date antony has been the best defence minister if iam to give my personal view he has broken the vicious circle of midlle men surrounding evry military deal which looks to then like a pie..but trust me we also at times get a way to high looking at high prices..specially for this deal the high prices just cannot go sky rocketing high beacuse of corruption only..my 2 cents on this:cheers:

Antony is a very honest and down to earth Minister !! but the thing is he goes by book , and it inevitably causes delays -- that is not the need of the hour ! my two cents.

How much time it will take to get all these "sweet 16"???
As following has hit my head so heard...

Navy has reasons to be worried. By 2015 or so, it will be left with just half of its present fleet of 15 ageing diesel-electric submarines—10 Russian Kilo-class, four German HDW and one Foxtrot. Moreover, it has been hit hard by the almost three-year delay in the ongoing Project-75 for six French Scorpene submarines at MDL, under which the vessels were to roll out one per year from 2012 onwards, with price escalation pushing the total cost beyond Rs 20,000 crore, as was first reported by TOI.

So it will not going to increase Navy's muscles much more... As the new ones will begin ready for induction , Old ones will start retiring!!!
:what:

The first one is out and other 2 are at under construction.

What do you think we have created infrastructure for nuclear submarine and building new hulls, obviously we want more nuke subs.

And as i have replied to the poster he was asking for 2020 framework. And as we have all the infrastructure for nuke subs and 10 year to make just 2 nuke subs we can easily make it.

Plz. refer:
INS Arihant - Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

Plz refer:
Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV)

Dude i just want to know time when second sub laid down???
if you know that .....

Do you really think that we purchasing just 6 subs:disagree:
there is a bigger picture all of a sudden mad rush for modernisation drive in all three arms there is a much bigger picture to this..the navy specially we are discussing simply what we are seeing here but inside its something which will blow many minds off:agree:
anyways this is indeed a good news hopefully the subs will be delivered on time..:cheers:

Flaming arrow , i would have agreed with you on the bigger picture ! But the problem over here is - the deal is publicized and the amount/budget declared and further there is an RFP between countries...so you see any under the table between two coutries in the guise of submarine project is not going to work out. There is just too much transperancy for a journalist to dig out details if he/she choose to !!
If the deal was a FMS sort of deal -- then sure lots of scope for under the table deals involving complex technologies.

ToT is completely useless. You can't simply download the brains of all the scientists etc.

Not true lhuang ! Imagine what china has achived through reverse engineering with no presence of scientists !!!!!
You are right in the sense that Human brains cant be downloaded -- but then another aspect of Human brain is rapid learning curve -- when ToT is given even if we manage to grasp maybe 70% of what is being dished out to us , the purpose is achived, the platform is set --rest is self learning --you will never learn this till you actually try to implement the system.

Back
Top Bottom