What's new

Indian RFP for six new-generation submarines

kuch to gadbad hai yaar ........ 50000cr is way to big for diesel aip prop subs ...

any idea which subs will take part in this competition ......

any way i doubt that no contender wud be that state of the art to rightly cost so much !!!!

Asallam-O-Alikum,
I wanted to say that its our very bad economy that we don't have a good fleet and onthe other hand india is buying another 6 new SSKs. If we have money to spend then we could spend on both the French & German U-Boats like : in 2004/2005 we can signed a deal with both contracters to licence build 6 Scorpion SSK and 6 Type-214 in Pakistan. As wll as if the problem of Gawadar has been resolved we can build instead of only two big ship yards we can build 3 ship yards and we can do Joint R&D on turkish or Chinese Multi-mission Frigates,corvettes & mine hunters, and try to develop on our own Missile boats, hover craft(through reverse engineering our own platforms), Fast ATTACK Patrol boats & Tankers that we need.
Then our fleet might look like in 2015:
Frigates : 6-8(with some 6 -4 in production)
corvettes: 4-6(with some 4-2 in production)
mine Hunters : 5
Missile Boats : 10 ((with some 5-6 in production)
Tankers : 6
Subs: 3 Agosta-90B(with all 3 AIPs), 6Scorpion, 6Type-214.

Are bhaiya ye subs flying bhi kar sakti hai kya????

Sala 8500 crore per sub :hang2:

I think Indian Navy need this

Look out James Bond, US military launching high-tech flying submarine

The U.S. Military is seeking designs for a new weapon that could be in a James Bond movie - a flying submarine.

While Bond drove a Lotus that turned into a sub when it hit the water in "The Spy Who Loved Me," what the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, wants is far more ambitious.

Their specs call for a submersible flying machine capable of carrying eight men and their equipment a combination of 1,150 miles by air, 115 miles by sea, or 22 miles underwater - in less than eight hours.
NAVY CONFIRMS SUNKEN SUB IS WWII VESSEL

It must have the "stealth of a submarine" and be able to hide beneath the water's surface for up to three days to pick up the men after their "coastal insertion" mission is completed.

"We are open to submissions from anywhere," DARPA spokeswoman Jan Walker said. "DARPA has a budget of $3 billion."

Previous attempts to come up with such a craft failed because "the design requirements for a submersible and an aircraft are diametrically opposed," according to the specs.
COPS GO HIGH-TECH IN SCAM BUST

The Soviets tried to come up with one during World War II. And in the 1960's, the Navy doled out thousands to weapons contractors to come up with new flying sub designs.

Flying subs were featured on the TV series, "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

Look out James Bond, US military launching high-tech flying submarine

graph_flying_sub.jpg

I hope they get either S-80 or, U-214...S-80 is equally good submarine however No. of launchers is less in this. But that can be sorted out considering the kind of money involved.
Somehow i think this is announced to pacify the loosing candidates in MRCA ( looks like EF gonna loose now..)

:partay:These are going to be submarine plus aircraft carriers to lunch fighters from underwater.....They will pop-up only when the air-crafts need to take off.........:D:D:D

I thought they were getting 12 collins class for $15 bil.
Its actually 30 billion...............it is quite possible that the navy is lookin for somthing futuristic.......somthing which is still on the drawing boards .............it will already be like 2016 till we are done with building the scorpenes,if we are gonna get these subs by 2018-19,they gotta be somthin more than the current subs.........................but which programmes are beein considered by the navy?......................I have come across only 1 such expensive programme................if they are lookin at existing subs.........no way they are co costly.

Indian politicians are not even spare kickback and corruption in coffins, how can they leave fat purchase like submarine.

I have started to dislike this buying technology part...Spend so much on buying technology and insist on making submarines in MDL . We could have got the subs much earlier and in a friction of price if our shipyards had not forced( pocket garam ) our HONEST defence minister to spend such horrendous amount on 6 submarines when our country needs every penny it can get for infrastructural development and eradication of poverty:hitwall:

:partay:These are going to be submarine plus aircraft carriers to lunch fighters from underwater.....They will pop-up only when the air-crafts need to take off.........:D:D:D

Even our 40000 ton IAC-1 costs less than this submarine.

As Rosoboronexport (Russian), DCNS/Armaris (French), HDW (German) and Navantia (Spain) are participating than the submarines must be Amur-1650, Merlin, U-214 and S-80 variants. They better try variant of SMX-24 type submarine concepts from DCNS....

0f472d15-5940-4a1f-918d-0b9be91685ce.Large.jpg

I hope they get either S-80 or, U-214...S-80 is equally good submarine however No. of launchers is less in this. But that can be sorted out considering the kind of money involved.
Somehow i think this is announced to pacify the loosing candidates in MRCA ( looks like EF gonna loose now..)

What is there in S-80 to cost that much? It doesn't have VLS. It needs huge modifications. It will be a fun to see that India buying 6 Spanish submarines for $ 11 billion!!!!! French and German technologies are more matured than this.

Ministers and babus generally take bribes and kick-backs in hundred millions but this time it rises to billions of dollars. What an improvement..... Bravoooo!!! :hang2:

Even our 40000 ton IAC-1 costs less than this submarine.

As Rosoboronexport (Russian), DCNS/Armaris (French), HDW (German) and Navantia (Spain) are participating than the submarines must be Amur-1650, Merlin, U-214 and S-80 variants. They better try variant of SMX-24 type submarine concepts from DCNS....

0f472d15-5940-4a1f-918d-0b9be91685ce.Large.jpg

:

That might be the idea..Anyways this is supposed to enter service in around 2020. and the first P-75I should also enter service around that time only..But That also does not qualify for such amount.

We should stop playing catch game with other country and keep spending billions on the defence while millions suffer because of inflation, poor infrastructure and corruption at all level of governance:hitwall:.

That might be the idea..Anyways this is supposed to enter service in around 2020. and the first P-75I should also enter service around that time only..But That also does not qualify for such amount.

We should stop playing catch game with other country and keep spending billions on the defence while millions suffer because of inflation, poor infrastructure and corruption at all level of governance:hitwall:.

Dude you are getting it wrong.

1) I said modified version of SMX-24 to meet IN requirements.

2) We have that much money to spend on defence. If national security is in stake than where those money will go?? But here the question is better utilization of our resources. Our military loves latest-best technologies as well as foreign maals. Like $ 5.4 billion for buying ten C-17 and now $ 11 billion for six submarines. We should spend those money in better way.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom