What's new

Indian RFP for six new-generation submarines

there is something fishy....i dont think subs would cost so much.even virginia class subs cost 3 billion...what are they making?man i smell corruption by these rotten corrupt congressis

And I smell bad reporting ..I think the newspaper guyz got their zeros mixed up or maybe they forgot to mention that these submarines were made of gold and were invisible to sonar, radar and sometimes human eye too !!

Last edited:
But isn't it too pricey...looks like one additional zero is there..

I guess some good percentage of this is going into the pockets our esteemed politicians and bureaucrats ...man in this money we could have made a SSBN of Arihanth class...:hitwall:

I guess some good percentage of this is going into the pockets our esteemed politicians and bureaucrats ...man in this money we could have made a SSBN of Arihanth class...:hitwall:

true,very true... we can get 6 ssbn in 50000 crores...this price is just too much..

can this deal have an link with mmrca for airforce,may be hidden

How can that be possible when the RFP (request for proposal) was given to Rosoboronexport (Russian), DCNS/Armaris (French), HDW (German) and Navantia (Spain).???

check this one

Project 75I

In October 2008 the Indian Navy issued RFIs (request for information) to a number of international shipbuilding and design yards/firms for the next generation of submarines to be constructed at its shipyards. The RFIs were issued to Russian (Rosoboronexport), French (Armaris) and German (HDW) firms, among others. At that time another round of discussions appeared likely before the RFP (request for proposal), or a global tender, was issued in late-2008 or early-2009. To be executed under Project-75A all the six vessels of this second line of diesel-electric submarines, were to be equipped with air-independent propulsion (AIP).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/project-76.html

So it was planned in 2008,

Last edited:
Notable absentee in RFP list is Americans..they wont be happy to miss out on such a big deal.

There is something wrong with the news. did TOI overshoot it or what??

Does not seem so//clearly stated :"each of these six diesel-electric submarines will cost almost Rs 8,500 crore,"

Looks like we are wasting out our hard earned money just like that:hitwall:

and what the hell is this" 4 will be made in MDL". They have already $crewed up big time in SCORPENE...

or, maybe this is price for 6+6...because the project was named 75A before..now they are calling it 75I...

check this one

Project 75I

In October 2008 the Indian Navy issued RFIs (request for information) to a number of international shipbuilding and design yards/firms for the next generation of submarines to be constructed at its shipyards. The RFIs were issued to Russian (Rosoboronexport), French (Armaris) and German (HDW) firms, among others. At that time another round of discussions appeared likely before the RFP (request for proposal), or a global tender, was issued in late-2008 or early-2009. To be executed under Project-75A all the six vessels of this second line of diesel-electric submarines, were to be equipped with air-independent propulsion (AIP).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/project-76.html

So it was planned in 2008,

We are only concerned with the price tag.. its very pricey in any sense.

It still won't give moneys worth..at present rates ,we can buy 6+6+6=18 subs with each costing $500 million to reach these figures.

Yes very true...dont know whats going on...
There will be voice raised on this...thats for sure... anyways goodnight ...

Notable absentee in RFP list is Americans..they wont be happy to miss out on such a big deal.

The US no longer make any diesel electric subs. So any US company must subcontract Europeans to manufacture these subs.

As for the price, it need to be high to gain more attention. Would the price actually paid be that high?? By logic, it wouldn't be so but with time, the vendors might again tried to jack up the price. So its better to set money on the side. And of course, don't discount politicians make money off the deal.

The US does not make electric subs..

Back
Top Bottom