What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I don't know where to begin. Congress ruled India for 50 out of its 60 years of existence. No body asked it why India was almost a failed state in 1990. In 1 year, we have climbed 5 places in ease of business, have moved from sub-5% GDP growth to become the fastest growing major economy at 7.5%... inflation was brought down from double digits to a manageable figure.... CAD is at an 5 years low....

I don't know what you are talking about. Being related to Finance field, I can go on an on about why India of 2015 is many many times better economically than India under MMS.

Sorry the post was not showing..... so reposting it.

Some glitch maybe :what::what:

I don't know where to begin. Congress ruled India for 50 out of its 60 years of existence. No body asked it why India was almost a failed state in 1990.
Yeah classic whataboutry! Why were you silent in 1970? Why didnt you speak up against closed market? Why now? May be because i wasnt born at that time?

have moved from sub-5% GDP growth to become the fastest growing major economy at 7.5%...
Using the new method of calculating it? If we use the apply same method, gdp wasnt sub 5% in the last year congress was in power, but 7.3%.

Lutyens media is the more civilized, anglicized, well-off journos and socialites who think themselves as the shining light of Indian intellectuals. For them, they are the de-facto policymakers in India ..... reason.... because they are self declared liberals, seculars and obviously... INTELLECTUALS...

To hell with the rest of the 99.99% of the nation.....

Also, other factors like foreign funding, Congressi/leftist ideology (JNU pass outs), anti-Hindus, etc..... Its the perfect cocktail of anti-BJP, anti-Hinduism that India can offer.

On the other hand, BJP's media policy is.........
2552rmx.jpg
I agree with your view of the English media. I was watching NDTV today with Pranoy Roy, Sekhar Gupta and Dorab giving their analysis on their interaction with common people.
Pranoy showed one clip where he was almost complaining that people are not happy even when development (electricity, roads etc) were brought to them by the current government and still preferred BJP. Almost concluding that if you bring development, the people are going to vote for BJP.

This shows a elitist mentality where the common man is only to be ruled by political class. He misses the point that the government is supposed to be of the people and must reflect their own rathre than some breed of people that the MSM has blessed or approved off.

Similar mentality is reflected in the shows done by Rajdeep Sardesai. Rather than report on things and try to understand the actual issues that trouble people. They are trying to see and conclude that give these people this thing and they will vote for you.

I have concluded that these people don't understand democracy.

Yeah classic whataboutry! Why were you silent in 1970? Why didnt you speak up against closed market? Why now? May be because i wasnt born at that time?

What has the above got to do with my reply and your question?

You said that this government was lackluster on the economic front. I asked me to show me how? If you expect moon from Modi in 1 year, will you even get an asteroid?

I don't even know why are we even having this discussion. On the economic front, NDA government is atleast 10 times better than what UPA 2 was.... WITIHN JUST 1 YEAR!!!!

The point that you can raise is the pace of reforms. Yes, I do agree its way slower than most expected. But is Modi to blame when almost all his bills are blocked in the upper house by the opposition?

Rhetorics aside Petrol and Diesel arent fully deregulated as price still unnaturally drops before elections. I dont know what are in the cards, but this govt doesnt show any appetite for privatization, Air India is a prime example of how tax payers money can be wasted on white elephant. Less said the better about this govts handling of institutions!

Rhetorics ? :lol: admit it, you made that post before actually doing your research . You first say you don't know what are on the cards and then follow up by saying "govt doesn't show any appetite for privatization". IF you don't know what are on the cards and if you don't know what has already been done how can you even Judge ?

The point that you can raise is the pace of reforms. Yes, I do agree its way slower than most expected. But is Modi to blame when almost all his bills are blocked in the upper house by the opposition?

Quiet simple...If in doubt, blame Modi.

Yeh DAWN mein AD wali baat click kar rahi hai kya ? ... Kuch kuch aisa lag to raha hai..

lol, people believed it..am not even joking :lol:. BJP learning from Media pimps to do hitjobs

Using the new method of calculating it? If we use the apply same method, gdp wasnt sub 5% in the last year congress was in power, but 7.3%.

Ok.... so take in all the points here...

1) Even without the new method... India's actual growth (Real growth that is after including inflation) was 6.5 % this quarter. In the last UPA quarter, it was 4.9% (5.1% if you use the new method).

2) CAD is below 4.5% after 5 years.... that too when NDA came to power, it seemed impossible to get it down below 5% in 2 years.

3) Forex are increasing almost each week... and most importantly, the government bond holdings and Foreign assets are increasing which shows India's economic credibility in the international market.

4) Inflation has almost come down by half of what it was in 2011-12.... in the essential commodities segment... prices have increased in only around 5-6 commodities out of 30 odd. You call this price rise??

5) Even China's growth is decreasing. Brazil might see recession this year. Russia's economy shrank past 3 quarters. But only India is increasing gradually its NOMINAL GROWTH RATE. Its all because of oil prices, year right!!!! :hitwall:

6) Last but not the least, the sovereign ratings by Moody's, S&P etc this quarter reveals how India has turned a corner economically.

But no, let us ignore all this because we hate Modi!!!! :cheers:

@SarthakGanguly

Rhetorics ? :lol: admit it, you made that post before actually doing your research . You first say you don't know what are on the cards and then follow up by saying "govt doesn't show any appetite for privatization". IF you don't know what are on the cards and if you don't know what has already been done how can you even Judge ?
I can only comment on what is happening not what are at the cards, i simply dont care what cards govt has hidden, unless i dont see those in action. Deregulation is rhetoric if petrol price magically drops before delhi election and yet to be tested since crude price is lowest in decades in internation market, let the price go up again and we will see govt's resolve.

What this govt really could have done is to not subsidize Air India anymore, which is least unpopular thing to do, but they dont seem to have balls for that even.

Yes i should've done that 5 mins google search, such research, much wow!

I can only comment on what is happening not what are at the cards, i simply dont care what cards govt has hidden, unless i dont see those in action. Deregulation is rhetoric if petrol price magically drops before delhi election and yet to be tested since crude price is lowest in decades in internation market, let the price go up again and we will see govt's resolve.

What this govt really could have done is to not subsidize Air India anymore, which is least unpopular thing to do, but they dont seem to have balls for that even.

Yes i should've done that 5 mins google search, such research, much wow!

I also talked about what is happening and what has happened, oil and diesel deregulation is a reality weather you accept it or not it is not going to change no matter the wild theories u propose. Either way.. your point has been proven to be false.

150 guests ?

1) Even without the new method... India's actual growth (Real growth that is after including inflation) was 6.5 % this quarter. In the last UPA quarter, it was 4.9% (5.1% if you use the new method).
Buddy govt hasnt done any magic here, just updated the base year. Here is the gdp growth at constant rate in last few years. So GDP is already picking up before BJP came to power and the current GDP would be a natural progression and yet to achieve avarage growth rate in in last 8 years.

image.png

Govt provided data on manufacturing dont add up as well.

Last edited:
I also talked about what is happening and what has happened, oil and diesel deregulation is a reality weather you accept it or not it is not going to change no matter the wild theories u propose. Either way.. your point has been proven to be false.

150 guests ?

All punters trying to gather data for exit polls on 5th :lol:

@LaBong Obviously not a magician... that is what I am saying all this while.... People are expecting too much too little from him. Is he elected for 1 year or 5 years? UPA afterall was under MMS who himself was an economist. But when your own government does scams of 10000 crores at an average every year for 10 years.... and losses to the exchequer due to shoddy 2g/ coal allocations etc....imagine what would have been India's standing today.

We have lost atleast 2-3 years of our yearly GDP due to inefficient policy paralysis, subsidy overdrives and umpteen number of scams.

Last edited:
Buddy govt hasnt done any magic here, just updated the base year. Here is the gdp growth at constant rate in last few years. So GDP is already picking up before BJP came to power and the current GDP would be a natural progression and yet to achieve avarage growth rate in in last 8 years.

View attachment 268833

LOL..... your own data show that the Modi govt. has pushed up the growth from 5.1 to 6.9 :lol:

That is an increase of 1.8 % which is remarkable considering they had inherited a empty treasury and an economy where investor confidence was very Low.

It is remarkable by ANY standard. Especially in an global economic environment of recession with even China showing a slowdown. India actually beat china after Modi come to power.

SO sorry.... your propaganda do not fly.

View attachment 268833

Its not just base year change. There are many things that went into the new GDP calculation methodology.

GDP of India changed to 6.9% from 4.7 % in 2013-14 due to change in measuring standards. What are these measuring standards? - Quora

Back
Top Bottom