What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

That works only when it occurs during prelude to election, not during the election. What could BJP do for now to win some seats in seemanchal?

Also the tactic of riot could prove to be tactic of dimnishing returns.

Could someone tell me as to how many seats in Phase V have Muslim population less than 30% ,or Muslim + Yadav population less than 40%? BJP is in game only on these kind of seats.

Rehman is one of the only two Muslim candidates fielded by the BJP, and the only one in Seemanchal. Here in Kishanganj, where Muslims form an overwhelming 70 per cent of the population, a large number of them consider his decision “to hold the saffron flag nothing less than blasphemy”, especially because the entry of Asaduddin Owaisi’s party has raised fears about a split in the Muslim vote helping the BJP.
“People made me cry a lot. Everywhere I went, they would hold me by the collar and ask questions,” Rehman said. “It was a big decision (joining the BJP), full of challenges. Even my father asked a lot of questions.”

Bihar elections: In one of its last bastions, Congress worries about ‘BJP, the Narad Muni’‘Muslims, please leave my rally, we don’t want your votes’: Meet this challenger to the BJPAsaduddin Owaisi: Skull caps, iftar parties, don’t work now, Muslim youths want real issues addressedIn fact: The importance (or lack of it) of Asaduddin Owaisi in BiharBJP fields more Muslim candidates in Jammu and KashmirIn Bengal, talk of poriborton from flower small to large

A large group of men made a circle around the tea stall, listening intently. “People wouldn’t understand. But now, it seems they are responding to me. I have been explaining my reasons for going to the BJP ever since I joined last year,” Rehman said. “I am a pucca Musalman. Main BJP ya Narendra Modi se nahin darta. Main JD(U) ya RJD se nahin darta. Main bas Allah se darta hoon (I am not scared of the BJP or Narendra Modi, of the JD(U) or the RJD. I fear only Allah). I want to see development, especially in the Muslim belt of Kishanganj.”
Rehman is contesting from Kocha Dhaman, site of a fierce contest that includes Mujahid Alam of the maha gathbandhan and Akhtarul Iman, Bihar president of Owaisi’s AIMIM. Both belong to the majority Surjapuri caste of Muslims. Rehman belongs to the Shershahbadi caste that forms 20 per cent of the Muslims here.

There is a sharp division between the two castes, which explains why the BJP chose Rehman. It will be hoping that Iman will cut hugely into the maha gathbandhan vote; he is a fiery orator and locally popular, and is armed with Owaisi’s appeal among certain sections. The BJP is aiming at a combination of the Shershahbadi and Hindu minority vote. On the ground, however, that seems difficult because Imam, who had won on an RJD ticket in 2010, fancies his own chances.

“It is my rebellion against those who have been deceiving Muslims here for decades now,” Rehman said. “If not I, somebody like me will someday break the monopoly of these people who have been consistently elected but done nothing for the people.”

He explained the “biggest reason” for his joining the BJP. “Kishanganj have always voted against the BJP and people were given the false hope that it will ensure the well-being of Muslims,” he said. “But when the Sachar Committee report and Ranganath Mishra report became public, we found the condition of Muslims is worse than that of Dalits and Mahadalits. My question is, when the BJP has never won in Bihar, why is the condition of Muslims like this here?”

He said the JD(U)-BJP alliance government had done a good job. “BJP ministers worked well and there was development.”
Rehman is married with five children. Before joining politics, he was running a clothes shop. “Now I run Deni (religious) Public School,” he said. “I was a prakhand head of the Congress before joining the BJP. There was no chance of getting anything done while in the Congress.”
About the beef controversy, Rehman said, “My religion permits me to eat it, so I will keep eating it. Nobody can stop me.” He said the beef controversy will die down as soon the Bihar elections end. “It is all rajniti.”

Rehman said people ask him about the 2002 Gujarat riots and he has an answer. “In 2004, the Union government changed and the Congress came to power. People had voted with a demand to punish the rioters. The government couldn’t prove the BJP and Modi’s role. Either the Congress took a bribe and did Muslims an injustice, or Modi government had done no wrong.”

Rehman has been the target of harsh attacks. During a speech in Kocha Dhaman, Iman said, “Abdul Rehman is our brother who has been taken away (in order to) harm us. We need to save our brother.”

- See more at: Bihar polls: People made me cry a lot, says BJP’s ‘pucca Musalman’ | The Indian Express

That works only when it occurs during prelude to election, not during the election. What could BJP do for now to win some seats in seemanchal?

Could someone tell me as to how many seats in Phase V have Muslim population less than 30% ,or Muslim + Yadav population less than 40%? BJP is in game only on these kind of seats.

The likes pappu yadav ,tarique anwar (sp), aimim are also in fray so its not all cake walk as you think for thugbandhan

. What could BJP do for now to win some seats in seemanchal?

Modi's Attempts To Communalise Bihar

But how?

In seemanchal, there are seats that have more than 80% muslims. How could BJP win on any seat with even 35% Muslims given that Yadavs are supporting RJD?

And does tricks like not voting in Burka works? I mean, any consolidation, that could occur would have occurred even before people set out to vote. Most of people have idea of Muslim population in their constituency and know that all of them would vote and vote against BJP, thus if they have to polarise, they would already be polarised.

Also, as I said before, Voting percentage may be low due to migrants being unable to cast their vote.

Even I could not believe (Delhi debacle left a serious scar on Psyche of Delhi based BJP supporters) that BJP could form a government in Bihar. Too many trong forces are aligned against it in Bihar.

I agree with you,Delhi debacle has left many of us scarred

Having said all this, the primary reason for this type of an attack happening is that Modi has lost some control of the narrative on the economic front. If there was a feeling that this government was pushing serious reform instead of incremental that few can see, a lot of this carping would have got no traction. While Modi remains very popular, there is a tinge of disappointment in those of his supporters who expected more on the economic front. There is no hiding that fact. The spokespersons for the government & the BJP have done a poor job, most of them are not up to the task of handling this sort of an attack. Maybe okay ordinarily but not in this environment where they only do more damage to the image. Not all those who voted for Modi are core BJP supporters. Nor are they interested in the wider agenda of ideologies. Unless you keep them on board, this is only getting progressively messier.

On the economic front, the govt looks most confused. The traditional approach of RWs to economy is to deregulation, making the state machinery more lithe by minimizing the govt footprint, privatization and emboldening the institutions by not interfering with them. I don't see any of these in current govt approach, rather the champions of free market economy are being marginalized!

Not sure why the govt and its supporters are called RW at all, twitter trolling is not RW, thats just trolling! :)

Not sure about you. But I have nowhere else to go. We have waited before. We will bide our time. Otherwise I will have to go down with this ship*.

58% voting was recorded this time. Not sure why the last 2 hours turned out to be ... rather disappointing.

* I don't mean this Govt. I mean this ideology. And country.

Same with me too. I can't jump the ship, would try my best to keep it afloat but if it goes down then anyway my life is meaningless , it has to go down as well.

This whole affair is going around in circles and it is yet to be proven that anyone has done any wrong, this smells just like the TATRA case which has only now (4-5 years later) been officially closed by the CBI. I won't be surprised if, in a few years, the CBI comes back with the same findings in this case.

Leaving that to one side, it does not change the fact that AK Antony acted in an entirely callous, self-serving and detrimental manner by taking the unprecedented step of unilaterally cancelling the deal (as deliveries were being made) and instructing the MoD to encash the bank guarantees deposited by AgustaWestland with the State Bank of India. As someone who has a few contacts in the defence industry I can tell you that these actions damaged India's reputation massively within the industry.

A better course of action for the, then, DM- the "Saint" (if you are interested in serving India's interests) was to should await the legal verdict from the Italian courts and based on the verdict’s pronouncements, decide on the next step forward, i.e. if AgustaWestland and/or Finmeccanica were guilty of violating the MoD’s contractual norms and procedures, then by all means go full-speed ahead to seek financial compensation through liquidated damages from the OEM (we now know that no wrong doing was found as far as the Italian courts were concerned in the Indian AW-101 case).

The fact remains, the AW-101s were paid for and (3) delivered to India but are not sat idle whilst the senior most leadership of India is flying around in 30+ year old Mi-8s that were to be phased out a decade ago. By no measure were Antony's self-serving actions justified sir.

Don't forget how he repeatedly delayed the procurement of new LUHs for Navy & the army :enjoy:

Dont tell me you guys are serious and not being sarcastic!

Rehman is one of the only two Muslim candidates fielded by the BJP, and the only one in Seemanchal. Here in Kishanganj, where Muslims form an overwhelming 70 per cent of the population, a large number of them consider his decision “to hold the saffron flag nothing less than blasphemy”, especially because the entry of Asaduddin Owaisi’s party has raised fears about a split in the Muslim vote helping the BJP.
“People made me cry a lot. Everywhere I went, they would hold me by the collar and ask questions,” Rehman said. “It was a big decision (joining the BJP), full of challenges. Even my father asked a lot of questions.”

Bihar elections: In one of its last bastions, Congress worries about ‘BJP, the Narad Muni’‘Muslims, please leave my rally, we don’t want your votes’: Meet this challenger to the BJPAsaduddin Owaisi: Skull caps, iftar parties, don’t work now, Muslim youths want real issues addressedIn fact: The importance (or lack of it) of Asaduddin Owaisi in BiharBJP fields more Muslim candidates in Jammu and KashmirIn Bengal, talk of poriborton from flower small to large

A large group of men made a circle around the tea stall, listening intently. “People wouldn’t understand. But now, it seems they are responding to me. I have been explaining my reasons for going to the BJP ever since I joined last year,” Rehman said. “I am a pucca Musalman. Main BJP ya Narendra Modi se nahin darta. Main JD(U) ya RJD se nahin darta. Main bas Allah se darta hoon (I am not scared of the BJP or Narendra Modi, of the JD(U) or the RJD. I fear only Allah). I want to see development, especially in the Muslim belt of Kishanganj.”
Rehman is contesting from Kocha Dhaman, site of a fierce contest that includes Mujahid Alam of the maha gathbandhan and Akhtarul Iman, Bihar president of Owaisi’s AIMIM. Both belong to the majority Surjapuri caste of Muslims. Rehman belongs to the Shershahbadi caste that forms 20 per cent of the Muslims here.

There is a sharp division between the two castes, which explains why the BJP chose Rehman. It will be hoping that Iman will cut hugely into the maha gathbandhan vote; he is a fiery orator and locally popular, and is armed with Owaisi’s appeal among certain sections. The BJP is aiming at a combination of the Shershahbadi and Hindu minority vote. On the ground, however, that seems difficult because Imam, who had won on an RJD ticket in 2010, fancies his own chances.

“It is my rebellion against those who have been deceiving Muslims here for decades now,” Rehman said. “If not I, somebody like me will someday break the monopoly of these people who have been consistently elected but done nothing for the people.”

He explained the “biggest reason” for his joining the BJP. “Kishanganj have always voted against the BJP and people were given the false hope that it will ensure the well-being of Muslims,” he said. “But when the Sachar Committee report and Ranganath Mishra report became public, we found the condition of Muslims is worse than that of Dalits and Mahadalits. My question is, when the BJP has never won in Bihar, why is the condition of Muslims like this here?”

He said the JD(U)-BJP alliance government had done a good job. “BJP ministers worked well and there was development.”
Rehman is married with five children. Before joining politics, he was running a clothes shop. “Now I run Deni (religious) Public School,” he said. “I was a prakhand head of the Congress before joining the BJP. There was no chance of getting anything done while in the Congress.”
About the beef controversy, Rehman said, “My religion permits me to eat it, so I will keep eating it. Nobody can stop me.” He said the beef controversy will die down as soon the Bihar elections end. “It is all rajniti.”

Rehman said people ask him about the 2002 Gujarat riots and he has an answer. “In 2004, the Union government changed and the Congress came to power. People had voted with a demand to punish the rioters. The government couldn’t prove the BJP and Modi’s role. Either the Congress took a bribe and did Muslims an injustice, or Modi government had done no wrong.”

Rehman has been the target of harsh attacks. During a speech in Kocha Dhaman, Iman said, “Abdul Rehman is our brother who has been taken away (in order to) harm us. We need to save our brother.”

- See more at: Bihar polls: People made me cry a lot, says BJP’s ‘pucca Musalman’ | The Indian Express

He is not winning in seven hell. Even if all 30% Hindus vote for BJP, he would still need to bring at least 10% Muslim vote which he could never bring.

He has got BJP ticket probably because no one wanted to fight from this seat on BJP ticket. His arguments too are half arsed and lack any dedication.

The likes pappu yadav ,tarique anwar (sp), aimim are also in fray so its not all cake walk as you think for thugbandhan

Modi's Attempts To Communalise Bihar

Hindus are not political savvy. You can count them as cattle who could not think strategically, and among them there rotten old tau type idiots who have a sense of unfounded egoism, which prevents a united rally of Hindu votes even on seats on which they are in minority. Barring a riot resulting in some significant slaughter of Hindus like Muzaffarnagar, I do not see them rallying.

Cultural Hindus are much more serious about defence of Hinduism than practicing Hindus who frankly are idiots. I tried to convince too many Temple going dharmic uncles to vote for BJP during Delhi election using both emotive and logical arguments, but in vain. They all voted for Kejri. I know of a panditji who is devoted Shiva bhakt and observe every vrata that he could and yet voted for Namazwadi party in UP elections.

Last edited:
Same with me too. I can't jump the ship, would try my best to keep it afloat but if it goes down then anyway my life is meaningless , it has to go down as well.

Don't disappoint yourself. There are a lot like you.
We all have expectations from this govt. They might not be able to fulfill everything but they are on correct path.
MSM is trying best to divert them but still looks in control.

NAMO will come back big bang in last 2 years. I sincerely hope too. So, he can prove as an alternative to the 60 yr old disease.

BTW I hope #BJPWinningBihar trend is in full swing. I hope Amit Shah shows his true worth here and all MSM is flat knocked down in one flat punch.

Have you seen twitter Right Wingers ?

below example is apt
High polling percentage : Muslim consolidation..omg :(
Low voting percentage : BJP voters not coming to vote..omg :(
Relax... Have you ever heard of bookies giving high odds on overwhelming favourite?

CSu12sWUkAEGUzd

Dont tell me you guys are serious and not being sarcastic!
Ask others. I am not human.

Cultural Hindus are much more serious about defence of Hinduism than practicing Hindus, who frankly are idiots. I tried to convince too many Temple going dharmic uncles to vote for BJP during Delhi election using both emotive and logical arguments, but in vain. They all voted for Kejri.
Bingo. :tup:

Religion blinds people.

True. Too late for that now.

Have you seen twitter Right Wingers ?

below example is apt
High polling percentage : Muslim consolidation..omg :(
Low voting percentage : BJP voters not coming to vote..omg :(
Not true. The 'High polling percentage : Muslim consolidation..omg :(' part is certainly not true.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom