What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

They were expecting a big fat pay-off from Modi....direct money, posh favours and accompanying him on all visits etc etc...

Chai-walla did not oblige and now even many "neutral" sorts have this vendetta against him....because their cushy idealized existence.....far from village hate and squalor....is under threat.

They will have a good life in places like US where the poor represent a quarter of population, not India where they are a large critical mass who are tired of waiting being passed around like dirty laundry.

There is a marked revolution going on against elitists from the ground....Nov 8th will confirm it....I am quite certain.
Doesn't sound too far from the truth really. Journalists, especially political commentators, get a cushy ride around the world and especially if they cover heads of state ad they are accustomed to"Access journalism" . Just like in the US, the Indian PM "press pool" is/was used to getting rides on Air India One, unfettered access to the PM, free (five star) hotel stays etc etc (all paid for by the Indian taxpayer of course), it is not secret that Modi has cut these parasites off from the teat so there is bound to be a lot of bruised egos and ill-feeling towards the PM/PMO and, of course these are the clowns who (are allowed to) create the narrative...

And yet, this is what the BJP and its allies are doing on a CONSISTENT basis. The NDA just keeps shooting itself in its foot,just when you think they have run out of ammunition they change clips and do it again....

The thing i find most cringeworthy amid all this though is his foreign adventures

Every time he puts up this massive show for NRIs (like he's gonna do in UK next week) claiming he did this that blah blah when not a thing has moved back home.I mean it was okay when he says ' minimum government maximum governance' first 2 or 3 times but now whose gonna believe these empty rhetoric if he doesn't actually start walking the talk.

Doesn't sound too far from the truth really. Journalists, especially political commentators, get a cushy ride around the world and especially if they cover heads of state ad they are accustomed to"Access journalism" . Just like in the US, the Indian PM "press pool" is/was used to getting rides on Air India One, unfettered access to the PM, free (five star) hotel stays etc etc (all paid for by the Indian taxpayer of course), it is not secret that Modi has cut these parasites off from the teat so there is bound to be a lot of bruised egos and ill-feeling towards the PM/PMO and, of course these are the clowns who (are allowed to) create the narrative...

Yup basically summarized it right there. Modi is not used to having to deal with greasing palms and padding binders and handing envelopes under the table to people who swing their opinions on a dime (literally and spatially).

He is going all out in trying to directly connect with the poor masses on the ground and through the radio. Basically old school stuff.....and relying on social media etc for the digital side. He has circumvented the traditional Delhi/Bombay based media almost completely.

We will have to wait and see if this strategy was the most correct one to choose in the long term....but I cannot fault him for going with his gut and trying. If it does cause severe collapse/media revolution, he will be one of the few world leaders that can say he was able to confront them head on and come out winning overall.

This government is working on to put an end to "Aceess journalism" which is a major reason for a hostile media. Jaitley gave an interview to Barkha Dutt few months ago and he was trolled on twitter for days for giving an interview to a known presstitute. Anyway here is a link talking about steps taken but this government.
MHA to limit easy access to ministries: 'Yearly police verification for journalists a must' - Firstpost

It's end game for us Sanghis
Not sure about you. But I have nowhere else to go. We have waited before. We will bide our time. Otherwise I will have to go down with this ship*.

58% voting was recorded this time. Not sure why the last 2 hours turned out to be ... rather disappointing.

* I don't mean this Govt. I mean this ideology. And country.

Last edited:
Not sure about you. But I have nowhere else to go. We have waited before. We will bide our time. Otherwise I will have to go down with this ship.

You do know the kind of dogs waiting to tear us apart out there on Nov 8 if things are not in our favor right ? That is the fear which is giving me sleepless nights.And its not just you or me there are millions of other stakeholders here , in what we are trying to reclaim from brown sepoys , so we all go down with the ship

Not sure about you. But I have nowhere else to go. We have waited before. We will bide our time. Otherwise I will have to go down with this ship.
Got an easy solution for you. Go with the flow...if seculars are on a high..pretend to be a pseudo-secular. When it's Sanghi's time..be a Sanghi! What say @magudi ? :azn:

You do know the kind of dogs waiting to tear us apart out there on Nov 8 if things are not in our favor right ? That is the fear which is giving me sleepless nights.And its not just you or me there are millions of other stakeholders here , in what we are trying to reclaim from brown sepoys , so we all go down with the ship
One victory and one defeat is nothing. Be strong.

As far as Bihar is concerned, I am yet to receive the reports for the day. Tomorrow morning will have them. My estimate is that both sides are almost tied. NDA has an advantage now by about 20 seats. MGB can cover that in the last phase though. BJP must do well in Seemanchal, which is doubtful now without polarization.

Not sure about you. But I have nowhere else to go. We have waited before. We will bide our time. Otherwise I will have to go down with this ship*.

58% voting was recorded this time. Not sure why the last 2 hours turned out to be ... rather disappointing.

* I don't mean this Govt. I mean this ideology. And country.

It may be due to the fact that 60% is ceiling of votes in Bihar due to majority of its working population working outside Bihar.This is also the reason why there are more women voters in Bihar than men. I have read somewhere that even at 58%, it is 4% higher than last time.

What do you make of voting percentage nad Phase IV trends in general? Is there a chance of BJP winning even 10 seats in Phase V?

It may be due to the fact that 60% is ceiling of votes in Bihar due to majority of its working population working outside Bihar.This is also the reason why there are more women voters in Bihar than men. I have read somewhere that even at 58%, it is 4% higher than last time.

What do you make of voting percentage nad Phase IV trends in general? Is there a chance of BJP winning even 10 seats in Phase V?
BJP MUST spoil the game of MGB in the last phase now. The last hours of the day were wasted. Muslim women were 'ordered' to not come in burqa to avoid a Hindu reverse consolidation. I estimate the present situation is around 100 for BJP, with the rest for MGB. And that's bad news.

My reports before this suggest a better picture for BJP. It said BJP will get a comfortable majority. But something in my gut tells that things are going to be head to head.

4s61bQR.jpg

The thing i find most cringeworthy amid all this though is his foreign adventures

Every time he puts up this massive show for NRIs (like he's gonna do in UK next week) claiming he did this that blah blah when not a thing has moved back home.I mean it was okay when he says ' minimum government maximum governance' first 2 or 3 times but now whose gonna believe these empty rhetoric if he doesn't actually start walking the talk.
True to an extent BUT I do think it is a good thing to organise such events for a number of reasons:

1) They receive massive attention by the media in the host nations (such exposure is beneficial for India)
2) He often conveys a message directly tailored for NRIs- return to India, invest in India etc etc (and has announced specific schemes targeted at them whilst on these foreign tours)
3) Often there will be politicians of the host nation in attendance of such events- seeing Indians projecting themselves in such an aggressive manner is certainly going to wake them up and as the decision makers in their respective nations this will certainly be beneficial for India.
4) I can't speak for other countries but it certainly seems that here in the UK Modi has united the Indians/NRIs like no other Indian PM in recent times which can translate into a lot of benefits for India and Indians in the long run.

BJP MUST spoil the game of MGB in the last phase now. The last hours of the day were wasted. Muslim women were 'ordered' to not come in burqa to avoid a Hindu reverse consolidation. I estimate the present situation is around 100 for BJP, with the rest for MGB. And that's bad news.

My reports before this suggest a better picture for BJP. It said BJP will get a comfortable majority. But something in my gut tells that things are going to be head to head.

Yesterday you gave an estimate of 80 in first 3 phases, so 100 is quiet impossible considering they got at least 40 in this phase.Shatrugan Sinha's attitude is more than enough to give a hint on which way the wind is blowing

Back
Top Bottom