What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

True to an extent BUT I do think it is a good thing to organise such events for a number of reasons:

1) They receive massive attention by the media in the host nations (such exposure is beneficial for India)
2) He often conveys a message directly tailored for NRIs- return to India, invest in India etc etc (and has announced specific schemes targeted at them whilst on these foreign tours)
3) Often there will be politicians of the host nation in attendance of such events- seeing Indians projecting themselves in such an aggressive manner is certainly going to wake them up and as the decision makers in their respective nations this will certainly be beneficial for India.
4) I can't speak for other countries but it certainly seems that here in the UK Modi has united the Indians/NRIs like no other Indian PM in recent times which can translate into a lot of benefits for India and Indians in the long run.
Modi is fine. So is his Govt. But...

Take Gadkari for instance. Nice fat chap.

What would I like him to do NOW?
SILENCE the media. Disappear some journos. Some 'suicides'. Some 'terrible accidents'. Coincidental tragic occurrences.

What did he do?
Inform the media that he CAN SILENCE the media.

How can a Govt. survive with idiots like these?

Yesterday you gave an estimate of 80 in first 3 phases, so 100 is quiet impossible considering they got at least 40 in this phase.Shatrugan Sinha's attitude is more than enough to give a hint on which way the wind is blowing
That was from my reports. My reports suggest (assuming BJP gets at least 40 in PIV), NDA gets 122.

I am giving my opinion. :D

by the way, I am curious as your theory as to why this govt. is under so much attack ? Personally i believe its a war of ideologies, more like a war. The outcome of which will decide India's future.

It is both because of ideology as well as Modi's own persona. A lot of his detractors might have been shell-shocked with the mandate but there was no chance that they would not mount an attack at some point in time. Modi seemed very unprepared for this, no idea what he was thinking when he thought he could get a lot of contentious bills through parliament. It is where I blame guys like Jaitley & Venkaiah Naidu the most, they should have seen this coming. Modi's failure to have guys like Arun Shourie in, has caused some damage. The ministry looks woefully untalented & certainly, inarticulate. Have you ever seen anyone best Arun Shourie in a debate? He is the guy that the leftists most fear, Jaitley is good but he is no scholar like Shourie - quite frankly the only real scholar of some standing in the right wing side.

The next part where things went wrong was with the HRD ministry. Regardless of whether Ms. Irani is competent or not, Modi played into a widely held belief that the RSS & the like want to interfere in education. It did Modi no good when he appointed someone like her, almost like he didn't think that the ministry was an important one. Imagine a Shourie or Jaitley in that ministry & you can understand what I mean. Once the environment was built up & Modi must share some of the blame, the platform was there for this type of an attack to be mounted. The Kalburgi case was something Modi should have criticised. Unlike the Dadri incident, this was not just something that could go uncommented. It was a deadly attack on a man, who whatever his views, was a respected scholar. It would have done Modi a great deal of good to have condemned that murder. That was a mistake, a big one. Also should have dealt with the motor mouths more firmly. There has been a misreading of the Modi mandate by a section of his supporters as being one for their cultural outlook. This was & is a mistake & one that could cost Modi dearly if not dealt with.

Having said all this, the primary reason for this type of an attack happening is that Modi has lost some control of the narrative on the economic front. If there was a feeling that this government was pushing serious reform instead of incremental that few can see, a lot of this carping would have got no traction. While Modi remains very popular, there is a tinge of disappointment in those of his supporters who expected more on the economic front. There is no hiding that fact. The spokespersons for the government & the BJP have done a poor job, most of them are not up to the task of handling this sort of an attack. Maybe okay ordinarily but not in this environment where they only do more damage to the image. Not all those who voted for Modi are core BJP supporters. Nor are they interested in the wider agenda of ideologies. Unless you keep them on board, this is only getting progressively messier.

4s61bQR.jpg
What if a fire breaks out? Terrible loss... :tsk:

It is both because of ideology as well as Modi's own persona. A lot of his detractors might have been shell-shocked with the mandate but there was no chance that they would not mount an attack at some point in time. Modi seemed very unprepared for this, no idea what he was thinking when he thought he could get a lot of contentious bills through parliament. It is where I blame guys like Jaitley & Venkaiah Naidu the most, they should have seen this coming. Modi's failure to have guys like Arun Shourie in, has caused some damage. The ministry looks woefully untalented & certainly, inarticulate. Have you ever seen anyone best Arun Shourie in a debate? He is the guy that the leftists most fear, Jaitley is good but he is no scholar like Shourie - quite frankly the only real scholar of some standing in the right wing side.

The next part where things went wrong was with the HRD ministry. Regardless of whether Ms. Irani is competent or not, Modi played into a widely held belief that the RSS & the like want to interfere in education. It did Modi no good when he appointed someone like her, almost like he didn't think that the ministry was an important one. Imagine a Shourie or Jaitley in that ministry & you can understand what I mean. Once the environment was built up & Modi must share some of the blame, the platform was there for this type of an attack to be mounted. The Kalburgi case was something Modi should have criticised. Unlike the Dadri incident, this was not just something that could go uncommented. It was a deadly attack on a man, who whatever his views, was a respected scholar. It would have done Modi a great deal of good to have condemned that murder. That was a mistake, a big one. Also should have dealt with the motor mouths more firmly. There has been a misreading of the Modi mandate by a section of his supporters as being one for their cultural outlook. This was & is a mistake & one that could cost Modi dearly if not dealt with.

Having said all this, the primary reason for this type of an attack happening is that Modi has lost some control of the narrative on the economic front. If there was a feeling that this government was pushing serious reform instead of incremental that few can see, a lot of this carping would have got no traction. While Modi remains very popular, there is a tinge of disappointment in those of his supporters who expected more on the economic front. There is no hiding that fact. The spokespersons for the government & the BJP have done a poor job, most of them are not up to the task of handling this sort of an attack. Maybe okay ordinarily but not in this environment where they only do more damage to the image. Not all those who voted for Modi are core BJP supporters. Nor are they interested in the wider agenda of ideologies. Unless you keep them on board, this is only getting progressively messier.

:lol: ...grim from the first word to the last word. should have expected it

Everyone should wait for Nov 5th exit polls and then Nov 8th results before sulking.

In the mean time I will post the projection maps I make from Apoorva Kumar projections on twitter since he says he has talked to on the ground booths, staff and local journalists each phase (or at least his network has)....and so far it has nearly been 2/3rds majority for NDA overall.

One victory and one defeat is nothing. Be strong.

How can i be strong? Unlike others I am not in it for the governance alone - i am in it for reclaiming what was lost due to systematic whitewashing by brown sepoys essentially a Dharmic revivalism and we've got once in a lifetime opportunity here , that being spoiled is not something you take lightly

Last edited:
How can i be strong? Unlike others I am not in it for the governance alone - i am in it for a reclaiming what was lost due to systematic whitewashing by brown sepoys essentially a Dharmic revivalism and we've got once in a lifetime opportunity here , that being spoiled is not something you take lightly

Unless Modi strongly intervenes, this chance/opportunity is GONE. :) Unless there is a miracle, Modi is NOT getting the same single majority it got in 2014.

Think long term. You are in this FOR LIFE. It's far greater than this. Don't think the muck can be cleaned in a few years, even few decades. This is a part of a process. :tup:

BJP MUST spoil the game of MGB in the last phase now. The last hours of the day were wasted. Muslim women were 'ordered' to not come in burqa to avoid a Hindu reverse consolidation. I estimate the present situation is around 100 for BJP, with the rest for MGB. And that's bad news.

My reports before this suggest a better picture for BJP. It said BJP will get a comfortable majority. But something in my gut tells that things are going to be head to head.

But how?

In seemanchal, there are seats that have more than 80% muslims. How could BJP win on any seat with even 35% Muslims given that Yadavs are supporting RJD?

And does tricks like not voting in Burka works? I mean, any consolidation, that could occur would have occurred even before people set out to vote. Most of people have idea of Muslim population in their constituency and know that all of them would vote and vote against BJP, thus if they have to polarise, they would already be polarised.

Also, as I said before, Voting percentage may be low due to migrants being unable to cast their vote.

Even I could not believe (Delhi debacle left a serious scar on Psyche of Delhi based BJP supporters) that BJP could form a government in Bihar. Too many trong forces are aligned against it in Bihar.

On that issue, you are being unfair to him. The prosecution was started by the Italians, the GoI could have hardly done nothing. Nor is that matter finished in India simply because the Italians decided to push everything under the carpet.

The ED has already attached five properties in Delhi and the national capital region, some of which belong to Tyagi's cousins who are also being investigated under PMLA.

VVIP Chopper deal case: Court issues Letter Rogatory to Mauritius | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

CD from Italy gives fillip to AgustaWestland scam case probe - The Times of India

Agusta Westland deal: Court issues NBWs against 2 Italian citizens | india | Hindustan Times

VVIP chopper scam: Bribe money put into ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi's cousins' firms - The Economic Times

Enforcement directorate gets arrest warrants against AgustaWestland accused - The Times of India
This whole affair is going around in circles and it is yet to be proven that anyone has done any wrong, this smells just like the TATRA case which has only now (4-5 years later) been officially closed by the CBI. I won't be surprised if, in a few years, the CBI comes back with the same findings in this case.

Leaving that to one side, it does not change the fact that AK Antony acted in an entirely callous, self-serving and detrimental manner by taking the unprecedented step of unilaterally cancelling the deal (as deliveries were being made) and instructing the MoD to encash the bank guarantees deposited by AgustaWestland with the State Bank of India. As someone who has a few contacts in the defence industry I can tell you that these actions damaged India's reputation massively within the industry.

A better course of action for the, then, DM- the "Saint" (if you are interested in serving India's interests) was to should await the legal verdict from the Italian courts and based on the verdict’s pronouncements, decide on the next step forward, i.e. if AgustaWestland and/or Finmeccanica were guilty of violating the MoD’s contractual norms and procedures, then by all means go full-speed ahead to seek financial compensation through liquidated damages from the OEM (we now know that no wrong doing was found as far as the Italian courts were concerned in the Indian AW-101 case).

The fact remains, the AW-101s were paid for and (3) delivered to India but are not sat idle whilst the senior most leadership of India is flying around in 30+ year old Mi-8s that were to be phased out a decade ago. By no measure were Antony's self-serving actions justified sir.

Unless Modi strongly intervenes, this chance/opportunity is GONE. :) Unless there is a miracle, Modi is NOT getting the same single majority it got in 2014.

Think long term. You are in this FOR LIFE. It's far greater than this. Don't think the muck can be cleaned in a few years, even few decades. This is a part of a process. :tup:

Too many people taking MSM too be too important. Heck even MSM thought itself to be soo important .RW i have noticed are one of the most scared and paranoid bunch on the planet while leftists remain calm, composed ,calculated and organized.

November 8th will decide how important the media really is....

Too many people taking MSM too be too important. Heck even MSM thought itself to be soo important .RW i have noticed are one of the most scared and paranoid bunch on the planet while leftists remain calm, composed ,calculated and organized.
LOL. :D What's wrong with you? :P

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom