What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

On the economic front, the govt looks most confused. The traditional approach of RWs to economy is to deregulation, making the state machinery more lithe by minimizing the govt footprint, privatization and emboldening the institutions by not interfering with them. I don't see any of these in current govt approach, rather the champions of free market economy are being marginalized!

Not sure why the govt and its supporters are called RW at all, twitter trolling is not RW, thats just trolling! :)

Actually that is incorrect Diesel, Petrol, Urea along with others have already been deregulated. Govt. has already sold 10% stake in coal India fetching India 3.6 Billion Dollars. Right now Privatization of certain PSB is also under cards by bringing down the Center's stake in these banks to 33%. Government is working out ways to Privatise state-run banks and hinted at IDBI Bank being one of them just as similar to Axis bank. So when you say you dont see any such initiative, i don;t have an iota of clue what you are talking about :) . All this took me was 5 minutes of google search..

This whole affair is going around in circles and it is yet to be proven that anyone has done any wrong, this smells just like the TATRA case which has only now (4-5 years later) been officially closed by the CBI. I won't be surprised if, in a few years, the CBI comes back with the same findings in this case.

Leaving that to one side, it does not change the fact that AK Antony acted in an entirely callous, self-serving and detrimental manner by taking the unprecedented step of unilaterally cancelling the deal (as deliveries were being made) and instructing the MoD to encash the bank guarantees deposited by AgustaWestland with the State Bank of India. As someone who has a few contacts in the defence industry I can tell you that these actions damaged India's reputation massively within the industry.

A better course of action for the, then, DM- the "Saint" (if you are interested in serving India's interests) was to should await the legal verdict from the Italian courts and based on the verdict’s pronouncements, decide on the next step forward, i.e. if AgustaWestland and/or Finmeccanica were guilty of violating the MoD’s contractual norms and procedures, then by all means go full-speed ahead to seek financial compensation through liquidated damages from the OEM (we now know that no wrong doing was found as far as the Italian courts were concerned in the Indian AW-101 case).

The fact remains, the AW-101s were paid for and (3) delivered to India but are not sat idle whilst the senior most leadership of India is flying around in 30+ year old Mi-8s that were to be phased out a decade ago. By no measure were Antony's self-serving actions justified sir.

The fact that the Italians decided to close this does not matter. Once the case was made, GoI had no choice but to investigate. My point is that Antony had no choice. To do what you suggest would have been suicidal, the government had already been badly damaged & any special consideration to an Italian company would have been the last straw. You can see that the present government too is sticking with the ban. There was no choice here, no matter how much you wish to argue otherwise.

That's why I was interested in knowing as to how many seats have less than 35% Muslim (Or 40% M+Y) presence. BJP has a chance only on those seats.
BJP has to change its perception as a party of upper caste then only it can come to power in state election in Northen Indian states..Otherwise i find it difficult to get into power in Bihar too...In spite of so many odds, Lalu is still gaining max seats in Bihar. And by any chance, if RJD gets more seat than Nitish, then you can well see another Rabri debi kind of srrangement in Bihar for the people of Bihar.

CQ2G8bbUYAEQwUr.jpg:large

From VDP associates

BJP has to change its perception as a party of upper caste then only it can come to power in state election in Northen Indian states..Otherwise i find it difficult to get into power in Bihar too...In spite of so many odds, Lalu is still gaining max seats in Bihar. And by any chance, if RJD gets more seat than Nitish, then you can well see another Rabri debi kind of srrangement in Bihar for the people of Bihar.

You are living in time long passed and are parroting a stereotypical view.

BJP ,today (thanks to its haters and detractors), is regarded as Hindu party, rather than upper caste party, and people does look at it in such a manner as proved by last general election where everyone (Dalit, OBC, and upper caste) voted for BJP. Modi is an OBC (Teli) as a cherry on top.

The problem that BJP has in state like Bihar is that here some major castes like Yadavas have their own party which capture their votes preferentially, even if Yadavas may be sympathetic to BJP. Most Dalits and Yadavas ,in case of transferable vote system, would mark BJP as their second choice after their caste party, rather than congress, other seculars, or communists.

Two observations in Local News Channel E-TV(Bihar):

1. Only BJP's ad with Modi is running.
2. In Lalu's interview with E-TV, He has claimed that he will have important role to play in Nitish's Govt.

On the economic front, the govt looks most confused. The traditional approach of RWs to economy is to deregulation, making the state machinery more lithe by minimizing the govt footprint, privatization and emboldening the institutions by not interfering with them. I don't see any of these in current govt approach, rather the champions of free market economy are being marginalized!

Not sure why the govt and its supporters are called RW at all, twitter trolling is not RW, thats just trolling! :)

I don't know where to begin. Congress ruled India for 50 out of its 60 years of existence. No body asked it why India was almost a failed state in 1990. In 1 year, we have climbed 5 places in ease of business, have moved from sub-5% GDP growth to become the fastest growing major economy at 7.5%... inflation was brought down from double digits to a manageable figure.... CAD is at an 5 years low....

I don't know what you are talking about. Being related to Finance field, I can go on an on about why India of 2015 is many many times better economically than India under MMS.

Actually that is incorrect Diesel, Petrol, Urea along with others have already been deregulated. Govt. has already sold 10% stake in coal India fetching India 3.6 Billion Dollars. Right now Privatization of certain PSB is also under cards by bringing down the Center's stake in these banks to 33%. Government is working out ways to Privatise state-run banks and hinted at IDBI Bank being one of them just as similar to Axis bank. So when you say you dont see any such initiative, i don;t have an iota of clue what you are talking about :) . All this took me was 5 minutes of google search..

Rhetorics aside Petrol and Diesel arent fully deregulated as price still unnaturally drops before elections. I dont know what are in the cards, but this govt doesnt show any appetite for privatization, Air India is a prime example of how tax payers money can be wasted on white elephant. Less said the better about this govts handling of institutions!

Back
Top Bottom