What's new

Indian pharma firms to cut medicine rates in Pakistan by a third

You need to get out of your bubble.

How can India over charge, when it will be competing with Chinese medicines too?

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Plus why don't I see Pakistanis as concerned like this, when it comes to China flooding its good on Pakistan market?

India will be competiting Pakistani companies, never came across any Chinese company like this.

As for your Chinese obsession, i would like to tell you that China is flooding those goods which are not made in Pakistan & were mostly imported from Japan, US or Malaysia at expensive costs.

Pakistanis are buying costlier medicine as compare to any Asian country with good Industrial/ Pharma manufacturing capabilities. These few trollers are just having indigestion of name India being associated with this particular trade move. They can are functionally mute on how Chinese have flooded their markets with shoddy C class goods but can not see ordinary joe struggling in pakistan when buying costlier medicne. Indian medicines are reaching Pakistani markets via middle east and are many times costlier because of that.

Pakistan's pharma manufacturing lack R&D and has almost zero rights to manufacture internationally recognized salts for life saving drugs including for cancer treatment.

MFN is only being discussed just like Pakistani players playing in IPL was under consideration

Well , would you rather have indian pharmaceutical companies lose market , or would you rather have poor people in pakistan get medicines at 1/3rd the cost? One shouldn't be so blind in hate that he forgets the benefit of his own people. If Pakistan comes up with something that benefits poor people in india , i would be in full support of importing that thing from Pakistan.

Well , would you rather have indian pharmaceutical companies lose market , or would you rather have poor people in pakistan get medicines at 1/3rd the cost? One shouldn't be so blind in hate that he forgets the benefit of his own people. If Pakistan comes up with something that benefits poor people in india , i would be in full support of importing that thing from Pakistan.

dude it is just for buisness, can't you understand simple thing? tell me why india interested in that field first? why not in fields in which Pakistan lacks behind, why not bring indian automobile industry & setup in Pakistan, fully R&D & manufacturing in Pakistan & sell those vehicles at 1/3rd costs. It is a step just to destroy Pakistani industries, nothing else.

dude it is just for buisness, can't you understand simple thing? tell me why india interested in that field first? why not in fields in which Pakistan lacks behind, why not bring indian automobile industry & setup in Pakistan, fully R&D & manufacturing in Pakistan & sell those vehicles at 1/3rd costs. It is a step just to destroy Pakistani industries, nothing else.

You are right.. Its just for business.. And a sound business is based on a win-win. There is an opportunity in Pakistani market, where Indian companies see a lot of unmet demand which they can service at 1/3 the cost. Pakistani citizens get cheaper medication, Indian companies get a big market to cater to.. Win - Win..

Monopolization is bad that is all I will say , but I do not have a clear view of what is being proposed so I will wait and see

I generally do not support a move like we have done with Auto Industry , flood in cheap cars and kill local Engineering sector

Same move will likely crush local Pharmaceutical companies

I support if Western companies can give grants to India to make Generic medicines , we should also get similar discounts so our companies also make cheap medcines , and once the price range is 4-5 % of each other sure bring in Indian medicines

From the looks of it , Pakistan does not gets any discounted medicine or right to make cheap products , so our prices are high and Indian companies do have right to make medicines and sell it cheaper with in India and this loop is going to be used

The correct approach is to balance the market after that sure bring in Indian medicines and allow companies to compete provided the price difference is no more then 1-5%

Not like 30%-50% price difference that will certainly kill off the industry not because people want to sell expensive medicine but we have not hot patents or rights to make generic name drugs for what ever political reason

You are right.. Its just for business.. And a sound business is based on a win-win. There is an opportunity in Pakistani market, where Indian companies see a lot of unmet demand which they can service at 1/3 the cost. Pakistani citizens get cheaper medication, Indian companies get a big market to cater to.. Win - Win..

And Pakistani companies? Shutdown or very low on buisness which will result countless jobless peoples who will further become street criminals or any other, sorry no need for this win win situation.

And Pakistani companies? Shutdown or very low on buisness which will result countless jobless peoples who will further become street criminals or any other, sorry no need for this win win situation.

Not really.. They learn to survive on lower margins by improving their cost structure and competing with Indian companies at lower price levels. Like Indian companies did when our economy opened up in 1990's

Not really.. They learn to survive on lower margins by improving their cost structure and competing with Indian companies at lower price levels. Like Indian companies did when our economy opened up in 1990's

When Indian economy open it start selling it's cheap products to West, Pakistan's economy is already open to rest of the world, it is only Indian market which was close but when it will open what will Pakistan sell there when already there are cheap items, obvioulsly Indians will prefer to buy Indian product if Pakistani products will be little less.

I think the MFN status is wonderful , no doubt provided we also safe guard local markets to some extent

We need some steps in place so that prices of Indian good match that of Pakistani companies (even if they are western companies in reality)

There has to be a competitive pricing structure too much or too little is not good.

Other then that Indian companies are more then welcomed to open up new company centers in Pakistan and manufacture goods and sell and do business hire ppl etc

Frankly beside the 1 major issue that we have since 50 years we frankly do not have any problem with India as MFN there is no basis for concern

But there has to be balance , and Monopolization is normally a practice that is discouraged in all economies

Again the fear with drastic price cuts is obviously a crash in local markets and we need 1-2 years to blance the local markets by attaining similar generic price structure , and once local companies are some what close to Indian prices, then of course you open the market up for equal playing ground

But generally speaking there is ample room for Indian companies to venture in Pakistan power, waste management , heavy trucks , auto even software

And who knows in 10 years india might get some gas exported from Iran or Central Asia , I mean its really a logical move to normalize ties between countries

Indian medicines are selling in NWFP like potatoes. People are happy to buy Indian medicines which are 6 times cheaper. These medicines are pouring in NWFP from Afghanistan and people are benefiting from it but GoP is the only loser because of its stubborn sickness of some unknown pathology.

According to a study conducted by the Consumers International Regional Office for Asia-Pacific, the prices of 17 out of 21 commonly consumed drugs are higher in Pakistan than in India, Nepal and Bangladesh.

http://www.haiweb.org/medicineprices/surveys/200407PK/survey_report.pdf [report from 2004]

Last edited by a moderator:
i am in the favor of Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to India.hope Pakistan give it to india:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom