What's new

Indian pharma firms to cut medicine rates in Pakistan by a third

^^
It is a give and take policy. If Pakistan does not give MFN status..we should renew our objections to EU aid deal with Pakistan.
Then u can whine about how small hearted we are..

Man you are getting NOC to export goods to Afghanistan through Pakistan.

india industry will benefit alot along with ppl of pakistan by getting cheap products
it will be a good move by pakistan india will get access to central asia , iran trough pakistan

Expansion of commerce for India,Cheaper medicines for Pakistan,a win win for both.Unfortunate to see that a thread on aid to Myanmar gets so much attention in comparison to positive stories like these.Go figure.

but this will affect the pharma industry of pakistan
well its a two way story i will give you an example prior to 1002 when our economy was closed to foreign goods our car manufacturing industry was a joke they knew what ever they may make will be sold as they had a monopoly in the market when the eco was opened they knew it was a do or die situation know they started doing and look what that sector is today

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

1002 Is 1992 *

Well it is solely for buisness purpose & i'm afraid many small Pakistani companies could shut down. It seems indian companies want market & when they'll buy Pakistani companies buisness they'll increase the rates much higher.

well its a two way story i will give you an example prior to 1002 when our economy was closed to foreign goods our car manufacturing industry was a joke they knew what ever they may make will be sold as they had a monopoly in the market when the eco was opened they knew it was a do or die situation know they started doing and look what that sector is today

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

1002 Is 1992 *

at the same time you should consider the situation like in 1992 when economy was liberalized india was normal country (there was peace ) in pakistan there is no peace so foreign investors will think twice before investing there
in 1992 india was a huge market which attracted all companies to setup base in india which is not the case with pakistan
india had huge talent pool which were able to support any R&D base in india which is not the case with pakistan
indian infrastructure is not as good as china but pakistan's infra. is worst (for ex . there is not luguage train in pakistan right now, power shortage in pakistan is among worst in whole region)
1992 was the time when indian started getting cozy with west (Europe and america) while right now pakistan is distancing itself from west
considering these points i find it hard for any kind of industry to grow in pakistan

No this wont affect pharmaceutical sector, however margin of profit will be lowered. So, its good for people.

Yes it will. Please try to understand. They are not doing it for good will, Pakistani govt must block this. Govt must look for Pakistan interest too, welcome the buisness of automobiles & electronic goods in which Pakistan lacks behind not in the fields in which Pakistan is strong.

Yes it will. Please try to understand. They are not doing it for good will, Pakistani govt must block this. Govt must look for Pakistan interest too, welcome the buisness of automobiles & electronic goods in which Pakistan lacks behind not in the fields in which Pakistan is strong.

are you sure that pakistan has strong pharma industry base
because i googled it but i didnt get much rusult

I have no doubt that Indian companies will sweep the market... good for consumer bad for local industry.

In my personnal opinion Pakistanis must not become dumb, our pharma industries will suffer & could shut down, will affect badly in long run. Only go ahead in the fields we are lacking behind, like automobiles, electronic goods, science & technology etc.

would you recommend the same for chinese companies in pakistan :what:

or is it that special friends are allowed to destroy ur local industry

at the same time you should consider the situation like in 1992 when economy was liberalized india was normal country (there was peace ) in pakistan there is no peace so foreign investors will think twice before investing there
in 1992 india was a huge market which attracted all companies to setup base in india which is not the case with pakistan
india had huge talent pool which were able to support any R&D base in india which is not the case with pakistan
indina infrastructure is not as good as china but pakistan's infra. is worst (for ex . there is not luguage train in pakistan right now, power shortage in pakistan is among worst in whole region)
1992 was the time when indian started getting cozy with west (Europe and america) while right now pakistan is distancing itself from west
considering these points i find it hard for any kind of industry to grow in palistan

Here comes a jingoistic talking jingoism which has nothing to do with the article.. BTW who is asking you to bring your industry in pakistan? MFN status has a different sense now go and learn alil about it. if I turn to other points you referred to I'll certainly make many of you tempestuous. I don't want to make this thread a gutter.

Back
Top Bottom