What's new

Indian Ocean Peaceful Geo-Political Pivot Or Contentious Source of Hedging

:lol: You better not discuss things you don't know about Buddhism. Seriously, you're not just offending us but also embarrassing yourself with half-baked knowledge. A bunch of Khalistanis tell you that they're different from "weak Hindus" and you buy it. Have you ever seen Guru Granth Sahib or Dasam Granth? Heard of Arya Samaj branch? Heard of Buddhavatara in mainstream Hinduism? Seriously, this is just as stupid as me trying to teach you Islam.

So please stop telling me about my way of life. I think I know it better than you do. Unless you are willing to know about your religion from me.

We respect your way of life and expect that you do the same. Just dont attempt to force it on us - cuz that is where we respond :)

HAHAHA! Really? What an acknowledgement!!! The Devanagari script originated from Vedic language i.e. Sanskrit which is also our ancestral language (Dzongkha script and language originated from Sanskrit just like Tibetan and all other Indian state languaes do). Sharda and Neelum Valley were parts of ancient India when there was no Pakistan at that time. You're teaching me the pillars of Buddhism? :lol:. Actually Buddhism spread from Eastern India where it originated (in Bodh Gaya), went to China through Bodhidharma (A Pallava prince who also invented the martial art of Shaolin kung fu) and into Korea, Japan, Southeast etc. Buddhism spread to Gandhara (Afghanistan) through the encouragement of Mauryan emperor Ashoka. You won't be talking all this nonsense if you actually knew the connection between mainstream Hinduism and Buddhism. Thanks to you lot, there are no Buddhists in that region anymore.

No thanks. I am very happy here compare to Arab/Persian/Turkic Occupied India that you live in.

In the four noble truths and the enlightened path Buddha proposed are very different from the elaborate ceremonies and colourful myths attached to the Hindu deities. And if you actually are a Buddhist, you wouldn't be saying what you said in your post above - and it reveals clearly that you are not a Buddhist and are a Hindu Indian who is attempting to discredit a good religion. Many Muslims believe that Buddha might have been a God's Prophet and is respected as such. So please don't force your farce Hindu historical format which does not have value in larger context except that it tempts to give you an identity, which has been lost over centuries through Aryan invasions, conversion to Buddhism, Muslim conquests and British rule etc etc. And that is why you can't find anything Hindu in Hindu India to give you an identity. And the tormenting this so far is that Indian Hindus are still looking for an identity they thus lost over thousands of years.

Read more: HISTORY OF BUDDHISM

And it is this identity crises that force you to have 4-5 thousand year old Ashoka's Chakra as your national symbols because nothing closer to present times gives you guys a clear identity. India as you guys foresee only existed 4-5 thousands ago till Muslims and then British created what India is today. Hindu Indians took advantage of an event without working for hundreds of years as the Muslims and the British did to create a united India. When it happened, Hindus in India did not have an identity - and you are still looking for one that existed five thousand years ago by creating a farce of historical format which has not been recorded in the manner and is challegeable under any circumstances.

That is why now you want to have a big navy and army with power projection capability which you can't project. That is why you guys are all dressed up and have nowhere to go. ;)

Mr Tshering22, Clearly you look at history the way you want to look at it. You are welcome to do that. I will continue to look at tens of thousands of linkages available on the net (not Indian and Hindu oriented as these are biased) which tell the world the historical facts. Good day sir.

All the best mate. Continue watching the false version of history that misguided or anti-Indian propaganda sites continue to teach you rather than that from the very people whose culture is being discussed in question. I don't have any issues; only you will lose any credibility to conduct a realistic, practical debate without real knowledge of anything. I wish you luck in your pursuit of genuine knowledge as well.

We should not involve ourselves in any personal stuff.

I certainly agree, but a certain member raised twisted facts on such a topic and hence conveyed false knowledge to those who are here to learn. False or half knowledge is much more dangerous than no knowledge at all as it can leave open a gap that can have very unpleasant consequences.

In my opinion it is the Hindus in India who are having an identity crisis. Except for the naked and sex depiction at Mathura, there is nothing worth its name which the Hindus can call a depiction of their history. Go to Delhi and other places in India, the only things you see from history were made by either Muslims or the British. These are the places where tourists go - nobody in their right mind would go and see depiction of sex on temples. You name it, Taj Mahal, Qutb Minar, Humayun's Tomb, Your assembly, your President's House, Gateway of India. The places where tourists go are either Muslim architecture or British - nothing Indian per-se.

Then you seriously don't know about the tourist spots in India. Do you know the number of temples and ancient ruins that foreign and local tourists visit? They overshadow these few samples of medieval era architecture by a far larger volume. Hundreds of ancient monasteries, temples, sites, and other areas are daily visited by lakhs of people not just from India but world around.

Since this is not a relevant thread, I shall not divert the topic any further. But if you are willing to learn about them sincerely, please open a thread and I shall do my best to assist you in ways I can.

So the Hindus are looking for their history - their identity which does not exist except in Upanneshads etc, which many say is a mythology and I also believe that it is. Therefore sir, even after over sixty years of independence you can't find an identity for depiction.

They are in perfect harmony to what some foreign missionaries dub as "mythology" to ward off their own insecurity. The mainstream Hindus as well as us Buddhists are very much aware of what our history and culture and have a definite identity. On the other hand, what do you consider yourself? Arabs? Persians? Turkish? which of these are exactly your identity? Because a significant amount of Pakistani population is not this except a handful.

Pakistan was created by those Muslims whose ancestors invaded, captured and ruled India for a thousand years. When due to our own follies we couldn't hold on to the land we captured we forcefully took away a piece of India and called it PAKISTAN. We have an identity - it is you Indians who are still searching for it. GOT IT.

Live in your own insecurities and denial. How does it effect me in any way. :lol:

And it is this identity crises that force you to have 4-5 thousand year old Ashoka's Chakra as your national symbols because nothing closer to present times gives you guys a clear identity. India as you guys foresee only existed 4-5 thousands ago till Muslims and then British created what India is today. Hindu Indians took advantage of an event without working for hundreds of years as the Muslims and the British did to create a united India. When it happened, Hindus in India did not have an identity - and you are still looking for one that existed five thousand years ago by creating a farce of historical format which has not been recorded in the manner and is challegeable under any circumstances.

That is why now you want to have a big navy and army with power projection capability which you can't project. That is why you guys are all dressed up and have nowhere to go. ;)

Skewed reality seems to be affecting you more than us judging by the situation in the present scenario. Putting the onus on us is not going to affect us in anyway.

In the four noble truths and the enlightened path Buddha proposed are very different from the elaborate ceremonies and colourful myths attached to the Hindu deities. And if you actually are a Buddhist, you wouldn't be saying what you said in your post above - and it reveals clearly that you are not a Buddhist and are a Hindu Indian who is attempting to discredit a good religion. Many Muslims believe that Buddha might have been a God's Prophet and is respected as such. So please don't force your farce Hindu historical format which does not have value in larger context except that it tempts to give you an identity, which has been lost over centuries through Aryan invasions, conversion to Buddhism, Muslim conquests and British rule etc etc. And that is why you can't find anything Hindu in Hindu India to give you an identity. And the tormenting this so far is that Indian Hindus are still looking for an identity they thus lost over thousands of years.

Read more: HISTORY OF BUDDHISM

HAHAHAHAH! Seriously you're telling me something based on some incomplete websites? Living in Zaid Hamid's world has perhaps altered your thinking a little too much. :rofl: I won't waste my time arguing with an ignorant like you that doesn't understand the relationship between the two branches of Buddhism and mainstream Hinduism. And don't tell me lies like you've posted in above. I cannot believe you'd lie to this extent to hate mainstream Hindus so much.

Do you know the branches and schools of thought of Buddhism? Let me tell them to you so that you got to wikipedia and start teaching me :lol: : Mahayana, Vajrayana and Theravada.

Do you know the four noble truths you're talking about are also applicable in mainstream Hinduism and all Dhamma paths? Because the four paths of mainstream Hinduism, Sikh, Buddh and Jainism are syncretic in nature. But no, you won't accept it because you hate mainstream Hindus so much that accepting this will further confuse your own identity.

Let's come back to topic rather than trying to teach me bullcrap about my own path of life. If I start teaching you your religion, I will be banned from the forum for blaspheming by the forum mods. So stick to the topic.

We respect your way of life and expect that you do the same. Just dont attempt to force it on us - cuz that is where we respond :)

My dear buddy, I was correcting another member who had written wrong facts about us. I respect your views that you're so open minded and professional to get back to topic. Thanks :tup:

Indian Occupied Sikkim... :rofl: can you believe it? Even I am not able to them over their half-baked false knowledge being from Gangtok! I don't think anyone else can convince them even if a local like me cannot convince him. :hitwall:

Anything which is contrary to Indian thinking is anti Indian and is thus skewed. How can one discuss logic with Indians who believe in illogical things which can not be justified. The Chinese and many other countries believe that Sikkim is not part of India. India invaded and occupied Sikkim as late as 1975. India is the only country which has territory disputes with all countries surrounding India - yeah yeah everybody else is wrong and only Indians are correct. To top it all Indians also want others to believe their skewed version of History. I will give an example here ... Indians say that Aryan theory is wrong as they believe that theirs is the pure race which has not been disturbed by foreign nations. Contrarily India except over five thousand years ago, was never a nation. India was created by Muslims and sustained by the British. Even at the time when British left in 1947 there were over 580 different sovereign states which were there in South Asia. So lets move on and don't teach us skewed version of what Indians want us to believe.

Thank God we have Pakistan. :)

Anything which is contrary to Indian thinking is anti Indian and is thus skewed. How can one discuss logic with Indians who believe in illogical things which can not be justified. The Chinese and many other countries believe that Sikkim is not part of India.

The Chinese recognized Sikkim as part of India in 2003. If Pakistan wants to claim it for China, I say go for it.

India invaded and occupied Sikkim as late as 1975. India is the only country which has territory disputes with all countries surrounding India - yeah yeah everybody else is wrong and only Indians are correct.

Funny how all these countries want land from India and not the other way around.

To top it all Indians also want others to believe their skewed version of History. I will give an example here ... Indians say that Aryan theory is wrong as they believe that theirs is the pure race which has not been disturbed by foreign nations. Contrarily India except over five thousand years ago, was never a nation. India was created by Muslims and sustained by the British. Even at the time when British left in 1947 there were over 580 different sovereign states which were there in South Asia. So lets move on and don't teach us skewed version of what Indians want us to believe.

Come tell us about your version of "history" when a neutral party endorses your views.

Thank God, Allah, Buddha, Jesus etc.!

And also, due to skewed Indian thinking that theirs is the pure race, they have the Nazi Swastika as one of their cultural symbols.

Hitler adopted the Swastika. It's an ancient Hindu symbol which symbolises the Sun's rays.

Anything which is contrary to Indian thinking is anti Indian and is thus skewed. How can one discuss logic with Indians who believe in illogical things which can not be justified. The Chinese and many other countries believe that Sikkim is not part of India. India invaded and occupied Sikkim as late as 1975. India is the only country which has territory disputes with all countries surrounding India - yeah yeah everybody else is wrong and only Indians are correct. To top it all Indians also want others to believe their skewed version of History. I will give an example here ... Indians say that Aryan theory is wrong as they believe that theirs is the pure race which has not been disturbed by foreign nations. Contrarily India except over five thousand years ago, was never a nation. India was created by Muslims and sustained by the British. Even at the time when British left in 1947 there were over 580 different sovereign states which were there in South Asia. So lets move on and don't teach us skewed version of what Indians want us to believe.

We give a rats' tail what the Chinese and by extension what you think. Other than you two, no one else thinks so and if you are mistaken, you both are not a "lot of countries". This explanation of yours still highlights the main reason why you and Chinese are friends--- because both want to counter India. Nothing else.

My grandfather was there during the Sikkimese will of accession to Indian Union, genius. He was one of the thousands and thousands who voted himself the accession. Do you think he was drunk or hit on the head when he did that? He is here now as well very much living with us. We didn't want the chogyal to rule because the Chinese were expanding their communist empire through encroaching territory. So we decided to (re) join India once again as we did many times in history. Only problem was, the chogyal was not interested in relinquishing his power despite accession and people's disillusionment of his erstwhile glory. There were conservative royalists (less than 1% of Sikkim population who did not want the king to resign because they got a free stint at being the richest in the state. Hence around 100 soldiers were called to hold off the palace guards. The chogyal was treated with full honor where he agreed for the signing while we people voted. Does that look like an invasion to you? :blink:

Ouch... that second highlighted point just ended the discussion here. Shows how insecure you are despite having a state for yourself.

And also, due to skewed Indian thinking that theirs is the pure race, they have the Nazi Swastika as one of their cultural symbols.

Swastika is also a Jain and Buddhist symbol apart from mainstream Hinduism, thousands of years before Hitler's people even came out of their caves.

Quote from TheDeletedUser
^The Chinese recognized Sikkim as part of India in 2003. If Pakistan wants to claim it for China, I say go for it.^

I don't think there is any Chinese confirmation for this. Only Indian dream and some Indian newspaper reports. And why may I ask should Pakistan go for Sikkim - of all the places. I sympathise with people of Sikkim who are crying till today.

Back
Top Bottom