What's new

Indian Ocean Peaceful Geo-Political Pivot Or Contentious Source of Hedging

I am talking historical facts and you may be a Buddhist from Timbuktoo for all I care. I dont want to get involved in a religious discussion here with you as it is inappropriate but would just like to mention another historical fact. I am sure you would know about a Buddhist book known as Kala Tantra. This book does talk about a religious war for Buddhists - so much for your being peaceful and historical.

So it is you who should not spread false rhetorical things here thinking that people around here do not know about.

And incidently, if you are from Sikkim, you were routed and invaded by the Indians who occupied Sikkim in 1975. So remain there.

GOT IT.

These religions have not originated from Hinduism as the Hindus mostly profess. The Buddhists immensly dislike this kind of false rumour mongering - so does the Sikhs who say that theirs is a separate religion and has not originated from Hinduism and they also immensly dislike it when the Hindus say such things. So please do not bring religious aspects in this thread which essentially is geopolitical discussion.

If you do not have good logic to counter the logical points highlighted above, please do not attempt to hijack it by spreading false aspects which does not have any linkages with this thread. Thank you.

Incidently, the two pillars of Buddhism from where it spread all over the world are located in Pakistan, in Taxilla and at Sharda in Neelum Valley. The Devnagri script which is how you guys write Hindi has been originated from Sharda in Neelum Valley. Visit these places as these places arelocated in free Pakistan and not Indian Occupied Sikkim.

The main aim of the IN is to safeguard our shipping lanes. The USN poses no threat to us as of now and are unlikely to in the near future. We are okay with US presence, we are okay with things the way they are right now. The only countries which may prefer things to be otherwise are Pakistan and China.

very correct. it is our aim from independence. its nation like Australia which was and is worried due to increasing strength of Indian navy since 60s.

very correct. it is our aim from independence. its nation like Australia which was and is worried due to increasing strength of Indian navy since 60s.

If you need to safeguard your shipping lanes, India does not need such a big naval strength. Such a big strength can only be for domination of Indian Ocean and beyond. If you want to do that you are confronting the Americans and their allies. India is not powerful enough to do that. Yes you can confront Australia - but imagine Australia supported by America, Britain, Japan and France.

You guys are all dressed up with nowhere to go. :)

If you need to safeguard your shipping lanes, India does not need such a big naval strength. Such a big strength can only be for domination of Indian Ocean and beyond. If you want to do that you are confronting the Americans and their allies. India is not powerful enough to do that. Yes you can confront Australia - but imagine Australia supported by America, Britain, Japan and France.

let me explain. we are overwhelmingly dependent on sea for supply of oil and our cargo ships must be protected. this can be ensured only by strong IN. that's why Indian navy has been strengthened from 60s. our aim is not to destroy cargo ships or impose blockade but to have large and strong navy so no nation can dare to attack our cargo ships.

P.S> remember might respects might.

The Indian Ocean upto where we extend our control is big enough that reaches beyond Maldives. The waters that US monitors is way too far away and out of our immediate strategic area of interest. The ocean that is our territory is more than enough for us right now. We're in good terms with all the countries that you mentioned. Why would we attack Australia? They're insignificant in our area of interest except for decent level of cordial relations that we already have. Take a look at this:

Indian_Ocean-CIA_WFB_Map.png

You see the point where Maldives ends and Diego Garcia starts? I think our territory upto that point is more than enough for us.

let me explain. we are overwhelmingly dependent on sea for supply of oil and our cargo ships must be protected. this can be ensured only by strong IN. that's why Indian navy has been strengthened from 60s. our aim is not to destroy cargo ships or impose blockade but to have large and strong navy so no nation can dare to attack our cargo ships.

P.S> remember might respects might.

Sir, you are very right. I am not contesting you here. What I am saying is you do not required two aircraft carriers for protection of your shipping lanes. What kind of threats for your shipping lanes do you foresee. Piracy? Or do you think that a country would block your shipping lanes? Sir these are international shipping lanes and any intrusive interference by any country would violate international laws and the whole world would come down hard on that country - even India. So practically analysing the thing here, India does not need such big navy for protection of her shipping lanes.

Please come up with a better logical reason.

I am talking historical facts and you may be a Buddhist from Timbuktoo for all I care. I dont want to get involved in a religious discussion here with you as it is inappropriate but would just like to mention another historical fact.

I am sure you would know about a Buddhist book known as Kala Tantra. This book does talk about a religious war for Buddhists - so much for your being peaceful and historical.

And then you wonder why everyone has the spotlight shining on you....tsk tsk.

So it is you who should not spread false rhetorical things here thinking that people around here do not know about.

And incidently, if you are from Sikkim, you were routed and invaded by the Indians who occupied Sikkim in 1975. So remain there.

GOT IT.

Don't try to teach my history, kid. I got family members since before we officially became a state of India. So your bull that your government taught you or what you're doing to become China's chamchas is not going to change the reality. Do you even know how many Indian Army soldiers were there holding off palace guards (royalists)? between 75-100. Are you telling me that 75-100 soldiers 'conquered' entire state of Sikkim? :rofl: Really?

It was our will that we joined the Union of India and this is not the first time in history that we joined them. We were a tributory state of Mauryan empire as well if you didn't know that. Unlike you, we don't live in an identity crisis and are proud of our ancient Indian history rather than fantasizing ourselves as people of far away alien lands.

The Indian Ocean upto where we extend our control is big enough that reaches beyond Maldives. The waters that US monitors is way too far away and out of our immediate strategic area of interest. The ocean that is our territory is more than enough for us right now. We're in good terms with all the countries that you mentioned. Why would we attack Australia? They're insignificant in our area of interest except for decent level of cordial relations that we already have. Take a look at this:

Indian_Ocean-CIA_WFB_Map.png

You see the point where Maldives ends and Diego Garcia starts? I think our territory upto that point is more than enough for us.

Greater Indian Ocean is vast space. You have to safeguard your shipping lanes. Please bring a map of Indian shipping lanes and we can discuss. You dont own Indian Ocean and therefore nobody would let you dominate it. The sooner you understand it the better.

Incidently, the two pillars of Buddhism from where it spread all over the world are located in Pakistan, in Taxilla and at Sharda in Neelum Valley. The Devnagri script which is how you guys write Hindi has been originated from Sharda in Neelum Valley. Visit these places as these places arelocated in free Pakistan and not Indian Occupied Sikkim.

HAHAHA! Really? What an acknowledgement!!! The Devanagari script originated from Vedic language i.e. Sanskrit which is also our ancestral language (Dzongkha script and language originated from Sanskrit just like Tibetan and all other Indian state languaes do). Sharda and Neelum Valley were parts of ancient India when there was no Pakistan at that time. You're teaching me the pillars of Buddhism? :lol:. Actually Buddhism spread from Eastern India where it originated (in Bodh Gaya), went to China through Bodhidharma (A Pallava prince who also invented the martial art of Shaolin kung fu) and into Korea, Japan, Southeast etc. Buddhism spread to Gandhara (Afghanistan) through the encouragement of Mauryan emperor Ashoka. You won't be talking all this nonsense if you actually knew the connection between mainstream Hinduism and Buddhism. Thanks to you lot, there are no Buddhists in that region anymore.

Indian Occupied Sikkim

No thanks. I am very happy here compare to Arab/Persian/Turkic Occupied India that you live in.

Greater Indian Ocean is vast space. You have to safeguard your shipping lanes. Please bring a map of Indian shipping lanes and we can discuss. You dont own Indian Ocean and therefore nobody would let you dominate it. The sooner you understand it the better.

Actually, we do. That's the point of the name, genius. We shall see about that, won't we? Who's going to stop us? The USA seems to welcome us in this aspect contrary to what you're saying. Mauritius just acceded two of its island provinces for Indian companies, while Mauritius and Seychelles have defence cooperation pacts with us (check the world map where they're located); add Maldives to it.

And then you wonder why everyone has the spotlight shining on you....tsk tsk.

Don't try to teach my history, kid. I got family members since before we officially became a state of India. So your bull that your government taught you or what you're doing to become China's chamchas is not going to change the reality. Do you even know how many Indian Army soldiers were there holding off palace guards (royalists)? between 75-100. Are you telling me that 75-100 soldiers 'conquered' entire state of Sikkim? :rofl: Really?

It was our will that we joined the Union of India and this is not the first time in history that we joined them. We were a tributory state of Mauryan empire as well if you didn't know that. Unlike you, we don't live in an identity crisis and are proud of our ancient Indian history rather than fantasizing ourselves as people of far away alien lands.

We should not involve ourselves in any personal stuff.

In my opinion it is the Hindus in India who are having an identity crisis. Except for the naked and sex depiction at Mathura, there is nothing worth its name which the Hindus can call a depiction of their history. Go to Delhi and other places in India, the only things you see from history were made by either Muslims or the British. These are the places where tourists go - nobody in their right mind would go and see depiction of sex on temples. You name it, Taj Mahal, Qutb Minar, Humayun's Tomb, Your assembly, your President's House, Gateway of India. The places where tourists go are either Muslim architecture or British - nothing Indian per-se.

So the Hindus are looking for their history - their identity which does not exist except in Upanneshads etc, which many say is a mythology and I also believe that it is. Therefore sir, even after over sixty years of independence you can't find an identity for depiction.

Pakistan was created by those Muslims whose ancestors invaded, captured and ruled India for a thousand years. When due to our own follies we couldn't hold on to the land we captured we forcefully took away a piece of India and called it PAKISTAN. We have an identity - it is you Indians who are still searching for it. GOT IT.

These religions have not originated from Hinduism as the Hindus mostly profess. The Buddhists immensly dislike this kind of false rumour mongering - so does the Sikhs who say that theirs is a separate religion and has not originated from Hinduism and they also immensly dislike it when the Hindus say such things. So please do not bring religious aspects in this thread which essentially is geopolitical discussion.

If you do not have good logic to counter the logical points highlighted above, please do not attempt to hijack it by spreading false aspects which does not have any linkages with this thread. Thank you.

:lol: You better not discuss things you don't know about Buddhism. Seriously, you're not just offending us but also embarrassing yourself with half-baked knowledge. A bunch of Khalistanis tell you that they're different from "weak Hindus" and you buy it. Have you ever seen Guru Granth Sahib or Dasam Granth? Heard of Arya Samaj branch? Heard of Buddhavatara in mainstream Hinduism? Seriously, this is just as stupid as me trying to teach you Islam.

So please stop telling me about my way of life. I think I know it better than you do. Unless you are willing to know about your religion from me.

HAHAHA! Really? What an acknowledgement!!! The Devanagari script originated from Vedic language i.e. Sanskrit which is also our ancestral language (Dzongkha script and language originated from Sanskrit just like Tibetan and all other Indian state languaes do). Sharda and Neelum Valley were parts of ancient India when there was no Pakistan at that time. You're teaching me the pillars of Buddhism? :lol:. Actually Buddhism spread from Eastern India where it originated (in Bodh Gaya), went to China through Bodhidharma (A Pallava prince who also invented the martial art of Shaolin kung fu) and into Korea, Japan, Southeast etc. Buddhism spread to Gandhara (Afghanistan) through the encouragement of Mauryan emperor Ashoka. You won't be talking all this nonsense if you actually knew the connection between mainstream Hinduism and Buddhism. Thanks to you lot, there are no Buddhists in that region anymore.

No thanks. I am very happy here compare to Arab/Persian/Turkic Occupied India that you live in.

Mr Tshering22, Clearly you look at history the way you want to look at it. You are welcome to do that. I will continue to look at tens of thousands of linkages available on the net (not Indian and Hindu oriented as these are biased) which tell the world the historical facts. Good day sir.

Back
Top Bottom