What's new

Indian navy planning to make 3 carrier for 1.6 lakh corers

why should we? it works for us, besides changing system would be very lengthy process plus the confusion that it will bring. For the same reason I woudlnt ask US to adopt metric system and drop imperial system, wouldn't ask UK to stop driving on the right side of the road. these systems work for them, they are good with it. Similarly our system of calculation works for us.
after all, imperial system is a part of English tradition. many English speakers still use it. No English speakers other than some Indians educated in English are using Indian numbering system. Using it here serves nothing but successfully transforming the thread about Indian AC plan into a discussion of Indian numbering system. it appears to me more like a WMD (weapon of massive distraction).

Nothing in sight for now but I guess AMCA would be IN's first 5th gen fighter. I seriously hope IAF and IN leave these broken *** 4th gen procurement processes and pool their funds in the development of AMCA and partner with Safran for the development of GTX-Kaveri engine

Nothing in sight for now but I guess AMCA would be IN's first 5th gen fighter. I seriously hope IAF and IN leave these broken *** 4th gen procurement processes and pool their funds in the development of AMCA and partner with Safran for the development of GTX-Kaveri engine
You have to decide for which one goes first, developing both variant at the same time is not a wise decision.

Are these 3 ACs new or the old ones..i mean after induction of these..will the total number of ACs be 6 or 3 for IN???

You have to decide for which one goes first, developing both variant at the same time is not a wise decision.
Both variants? There is only one 5th gen fighter in picture and that is AMCA. GTX-Kaveri is only the engine where Safran helps us to build multiple variants so that it could be used both on the currently produced LCA's and our future AMCA

Both variants? There is only one 5th gen fighter in picture and that is AMCA. GTX-Kaveri is only the engine where Safran helps us to build multiple variants so that it could be used both on the currently produced LCA's and our future AMCA
Air force and navy's version is totally different.

So it's about the Indian pride to keep lakh/corer while adopting foreign language as national language?

Yes, I do see many Sikh people walking on the streets in the US proudly wearing turban, in fact they are the only identifiable minority in the US by dress, but is this the source of your pride?

If i follow your logic, then chinese are least proud people by not wearing local chinese dresses in the streets of US ! why you are writing in English here with us, why can't use chinese instead,hope you got the point...!

Proud chinese should only write in Chinese, irrespective of others understand it or not !

Any way this is nothing to do with topic and so no comment...

Are these 3 ACs new or the old ones..i mean after induction of these..will the total number of ACs be 6 or 3 for IN???
Only three in total planned as of now.
One in service, one soon to be completed, one in design (IAC2). The article is badly written.
You should expect next set of carriers only in 2035-2040 since that's the time BARC requires to make a carrier capable nuclear reactor operational.

If i follow your logic, then chinese are least proud people by not wearing local chinese dresses in the streets of US ! why you are writing in English here with us, why can't use chinese instead,hope you got the point...!

Proud chinese should only write in Chinese, irrespective of others understand it or not !

Any way this is nothing to do with topic and so no comment...

You sounded silly and emotional. It is you who made the discussion of the use of "lakh/corer" in English media into a national pride issue.

Chinese don't have to take pride for wearing traditional dress, as they have too many things to be proud of already.

Btw, you don't own English, it may be your official language, but it is one of my tools of communication. :partay:

You sounded silly and emotional. It is you who made the discussion of the use of "lakh/corer" in English media into a national pride issue.

Chinese don't have to take pride for wearing traditional dress, as they have too many things to be proud of already.

Btw, you don't own English, it may be your official language, but it is one of my tools of communication. :partay:

Yes yes whatever way you feel comfort and sun will also rise in west, if you feel better in that way...:partay:

Yes yes whatever way you feel comfort and sun will also rise in west, if you feel better in that way...:partay:

We were just discussing if it is a good idea to use "lakh/corer" in English media, so you don't really have get so touchy. :cheesy:

We were just discussing if it is a good idea to use "lakh/corer" in English media, so you don't really have get so touchy. :cheesy:
Most Indians won't get any sense from billions and trillions. Even millions is a new entry in mainstream. It's not a matter of pride, primarily.

Defence enthusiasts (and many others who deal with very big numbers or foreign items) prefer the English system for obvious reasons. But a normal person (educated) prefers crores and lakhs.

I think that this particular title had the intention to shock the reader with "lakh crores" because it gives the sense of a really big number.

Now leave that topic, I guess.

Fashion can be source of pride?

How come there isnt a "fashion" industry in India like in France and US?

We adopted English, so also benefited with more than 150 billion dollar IT industry.But as far as dresses are concerned the chinese followed western dressing styles than Indian counter parts.I hardly find any chinese leaders, diplomats or new generations wearing traditional chinese dresses in public locally or while going abroad !

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...cants-include-graduates.538215/#post-10158325

Back
Top Bottom