What's new

Indian Navy has a submarine problem

Totally compromised?.
The so called leaks did not contain any sensitive info on the sub that would have put it under risk. It was confirmed by the Navy chief himself that the 'adequate measures have been taken'.

Believing in one's own propaganda is not only dangerous but could turn out to be fatal too.

Believing in one's own propaganda is not only dangerous but could turn out to be fatal too.
Do a little research on it. It's no propaganda the said documents are very dated. It did not contain any critical data on the sub.

When it comes to Indian, the keyword is always “will”. But most of time, the word last forever.

Quality takes time to produce. Our defence industry competes with the best in the world within our market itself.

The information leaked was worthless.

A submarine doesn't need AIP to be world class.:lol:
Propulsion is just one system in the submarine.scorpene is the latest class of submarine produced by dcns. It's sonar and combat management system are said to be one of the best in the business.
And as for the AIP the sub is modular. Drdo fuel cell system has completed it's tests and is only a matter of time before it is integrated to the scorpenes.
Sure sure, just like a fighter doesn't need stealth to be 5 gen right? :close_tema: A modern submarine without AIP is like curry without turmeric. :lol:

If you actually try and read posts, you will notice that I already said, "By 2030, all the Scorpenes will have AIP."

The Scorpenes will get indigenous AIP plug from 2023 onwards. We rejected the French plugs.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...to-get-indian-aip-modules/article19700162.ece
“All six Scorpenes will get an Indian AIP. It will be installed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer, Naval Group,” a Navy source confirmed.
Will shall could may can, these are the usual Indian words. Do it first then start bragging, until then, it's a mediocre sub. I can hear the milking sound, squish squish squish, the Frenchies are enjoying gau mata alot.

Quality takes time to produce. Our defence industry competes with the best in the world within our market itself.

The information leaked was worthless.
See again the bragging mentality, BEST, the 'BEST' submarine without AIP? You guys are a joke. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sure sure, just like a fighter doesn't need stealth to be 5 gen right? :close_tema: A modern submarine without AIP
Lol you are now comparing fighter jets to submarine.

I hope you realise that the most advanced sub operational now do not have AIP. So by your logic it must be a mediocre sub :lol:.
Sure having AIP is an advantage given that the sub can stay submerged for longer.
But even if a sub does not have AIP the sonar ,CMS, weapon systems, noise suppression play a major part on it's lethality.

Don't even understand why India is still pursuing the totally compromised Scorpenes program than cancelling & replacing it. What a waste of time and money.
Here is a fact. Even if someone has all the data which were leaked in that leak, it is still impossible to detect a sub in water with that information only. That information is still confidential but you cann't detect a sub based on that much information.

Lol you are now comparing fighter jets to submarine.

I hope you realise that the most advanced sub operational now do not have AIP. So by your logic it must be a mediocre sub :lol:.
Sure having AIP is an advantage given that the sub can stay submerged for longer.
But even if a sub does not have AIP the sonar ,CMS, weapon systems, noise suppression play a major part on it's lethality.
Seems like you can't differentiate an analogy to comparison?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Advanced subs have no AIP? The reason you have AIP is not just for longer endurance, it is also to reduce noise, without this feature, you can't call your sub advanced, UNDERSTAND?

All those feature including AIP are key features of an 'advanced' sub by Chinese standards.:D

Here is a fact. Even if someone has all the data which were leaked in that leak, it is still impossible to detect a sub in water with that information only. That information is still confidential but you cann't detect a sub based on that much information.

I can understand if you had said this after all the six subs have been built and inducted.

Building new ones knowing that it has been compromised is nothing but treason.

Seems like some big bucks are involved and people are being made fools.

Seems like you can't differentiate an analogy to comparison?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Advanced subs have no AIP? The reason you have AIP is not just for longer endurance, it is also to reduce noise, without this feature, you can't call your sub advanced, UNDERSTAND?

All those feature including AIP are key features of an 'advanced' sub by Chinese standards.:D
Read what I posted properly before replying
A submarine doesn't need AIP to classify itself has 'advanced'.
I hope you realise that a diesel electric sub is as quite as an AIP sub once it's batteries are fully charged and when it is running on it's electric motors. I never said that AIP is not an advantage.
If you're talking about analogy it's like saying that jf 17 is more advanced than f 22 because the latter dosent have DSI:disagree:.

If you are trying to compare agousta 90b and scorpenes the same logic applies.

I have heard a new deal for ten new submarines are in negotiation from France

The deal is for the conventional version of the barracuda class subs

The deal is huge with sub costing $2 billion

It will give India the best conventional submarine on the planet

I can understand if you had said this after all the six subs have been built and inducted.

Building new ones knowing that it has been compromised is nothing but treason.

Seems like some big bucks are involved and people are being made fools.
Its not just six had been built. Indian had already invested a lot since India was working on building Scorpene since 2005. Indian companies and Mazegaon ship building yard had undergone transfer of technology for over 8-9 years. The leak came in 2015 or 2016 or 2017 IIRC. We were not just buying readymade subs we were also learning how to build them.

Yes, Australia seems to also has entered a similar deal for replacing collins class sub. Interestingly Australia took 7-8 years to decide on the sub. How much time did India take to decide on Scorpene?

Last edited:

India should ask for a conventional version of sea wolf or Virginia class.Than it would even be better.....:usflag:

One more thing, only India tries to convert a nuclear sub to a conventional version. If India can get barracuda, keep it nuclear.

One more thing, only India tries to convert a nuclear sub to a conventional version. If India can get barracuda, keep it nuclear.
Ever heard of this country called Australia? They have this program called Collins-class-Replacement program in which same Baracuda has been selected. And its also conventional sub.

Its not just six had been built. Indian had already invested a lot since India was working on building Scorpene since 2005. Indian companies and Mazegaon ship building yard had undergone transfer of technology for over 8-9 years. The leak came in 2015 or 2016 or 2017 IIRC. We were not just buying readymade subs we were also learning how to build them.

India learnt nothing but screwdriver tech.

Take a look at Russia which got ToT on Mistrals and did not bother about the fallout of Mistral deal with France and started building on its own with the learnings from the ToT.

If India had learnt from the scorpene deal they would not be running again to France for P75I deal.

Back
Top Bottom