What's new

Indian Navy accelerates Nuclear Submarine programme

The offer for 2 more Scorpenes could be interesting as well, by the fact that the production seems to go well now, so the second order could go to another vendor, be it HDW with high capable AIP subs and good ToT offers, or the Russians with Brahmos capable subs (but without AIP then).

Russians are offering AIP.

Seriously guys any update on Arihant ?? I mean it was supposed to be commissioned in mid-2011 or early 2012. Any update...? Also when will the next of this class will start ?? The hulls of next two are already ready in Hazira and reports are that they might be transferred to Vizag any month but i hope this happen this year only. I hope Vizag include L&T also in production, there are already plans for 6 SSBN and 9 SSN, its too much and at this rate it will take us 20-30 yeas to build them. We need to increase the production. According to wiki the next 2 Arihant were supposed to be launched in 2010 and there was a fourth one also which was supposed to be launched in 2011, but no new news....

Seriously guys any update on Arihant ?? I mean it was supposed to be commissioned in mid-2011 or early 2012. Any update...? Also when will the next of this class will start ?? The hulls of next two are already ready in Hazira and reports are that they might be transferred to Vizag any month but i hope this happen this year only. I hope Vizag include L&T also in production, there are already plans for 6 SSBN and 9 SSN, its too much and at this rate it will take us 20-30 yeas to build them. We need to increase the production. According to wiki the next 2 Arihant were supposed to be launched in 2010 and there was a fourth one also which was supposed to be launched in 2011, but no new news....

On Navy day, Western naval command chief told the reported Arihant undergoing sea trials.

i hope and wish they dont delay the commissioning of arihant

no, coz of corruption..

india is currently in total control of corruption.

policy makers, MOD all r busy in corruption....,
1)they r interested in imports(provides them lots of commission).
2)they delay procurements of new weapons to earn extra money on fake study.

Last time I read a post where it said that the hull of the second and third submarines are bigger than arihant.Maybe they will launch the next one on kargil day again

^^^
I also heard the same...but my concern is the time....it looks like even after the launch of sub, the shipyard is not capable to work on next sub until the first one is commissioned.

This is bad because that means it will take 3-4 years to build each sub while China is making 1-2 sub every year and its not like we should compete with them but its a fact that if we take so much time to build a particular class then by the time it will be ready it will be out of date and then people will blame IN instead.

If Vizag shipyard is not capble enough to carry this project then either a massive expansion is needed or it should include one more shipyard may be a private one like LnT.

^^you have a point their hmmmm.1st I thought they maybe able to launch the second one on the same day the 1st one was launched but I doubt India can make the second sub within 1 year.Maybe they 1st wanted to check if arihant will withstand the outside conditions then after that they could redesign the flaws or some other parts.like in the case of kolkata destroyers they got delayed because of design change

^^^
Kolkatta class destroyer got delayed by many years, its mainly because MDL thinks they can build anything without knowing anything about the project, in short complete mismanagement. Just wait and you will see another example in P17A.

IN made a reasonable demand of building first 2 frigates in a foreign shipyard and during that process MDL people can get experience but no our shipyards were so overconfident that they again said they can build it without thinking that none of them have ever worked on modular shipbuilding except CSL who apparently is not involved in the project.

^^yea thats also one of the reasons but if you would notice the model of kolkata also change.But thats not a problem any more the problem now is comissioning them.INS kolkata is late than kochi and chennai even though it is the lead ship.

because the navy knows what is takes to project power and how fast the designs change in modern days the MOD is just relaxing.They should give money to the docks to upgrade rather than putting orders and not being able to build them on time

.But thats not a problem any more the problem now is comissioning them.INS kolkata is late than kochi and chennai even though it is the lead ship.
I didn't know about this.....can you tell us the new time-frame of commissioning of all the 3 ships??

what I mean is when INS chennai was launched INS kolkata was only 60% complete and we could see in the picture that kolkatas paint job wasnt finished but kochi was fully painted and getting systems and kolkata still getting the upper superstructure and getting painted.I dont know now in BR site its says by august this year

^^^
I think you have seen the old pictures...INS Kolkatta was launched in 2006 and was supposed to induct in 2010 but due to some delays i think it will be inducted this year...followed by INS which was also supposed to be inducted this year and third in May 2012 but i highly doubt about the thirrd but i think Kolkatta will enter into service this year...anybody with any proof that their will be delays ??

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/navy-launches-stealth-destroyer-ins-kochi/101670-3.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom