What's new

Indian money talks: Afridi, Tanvir want to forgive and forget

The thing in bold - looks difficult
Only hindrance is the number stadiums. But if the UAE sets its mind to beating someone, it always does.

Not to mention, better infrastructure, more international crowd, unrivaled clubs, bars, hotels. Cheerleaders? :D They can start small and then work their way up.

Have you seen the Dubai Cricket Stadium? I think there's nothing that rivals the quality of that stadium. There is one in Abu Dhabi and of course the one in Sharjah. There are 2 more coming up in Dubai right next to the existing one.

Pakistan government mixed politics and sports when they prevented their team from playing in IPL 2.

There were no restrictions on Pak players at that time and they were welcome to play in South Africa but GoP decided to boycott it.
It was mutual and they both were involved in it.

I never said that PCB may still not play some politics, both the boards are sort of frenemies. But I personally would like to see them play and get the practice.

Only hindrance is the number stadiums. But if the UAE sets its mind to beating someone, it always does.

Not to mention, better infrastructure, more international crowd, unrivaled clubs, bars, hotels. Cheerleaders? :D They can start small and then work their way up.

Have you seen the Dubai Cricket Stadium? I think there's nothing that rivals the quality of that stadium. There is one in Abu Dhabi and of course the one in Sharjah. There are 2 more coming up in Dubai right next to the existing one.

One thing that is required for any tournament to succeed is SPONSORS

I am not saying UAE will not be able to do it but the money involved (and hence the participation of popular players) will not be as high as in IPL.

Any tournament without popular players will not invite sponsors.

Its the financial support of Indian corporates that makes the IPL work.

Can Pak corporates put in as much money as Indian cos do?

Where was that anger when these players were invited and Franchises themselve contacted them and asked to participate in auction as they were interested to pick them up.
I don't know why suddenly everything changed.

As i said in my first post...it was no way to treat guests (Pakistani players).But that doesnt in any way justify Tanveers tirade against Hindus

Now you are twisting the story! Do not generalize all Hindus. He was pointing towards Extremist Hindus like Shiv Sena.

He had clearly said "Hindu mentality" not "Shiv Sena" mentality....So Im not twisting any facts.

even then he could have said "Taliban" mentality which would have suited better. :lol:

Just your thought, far from reality.

My thought based on facts..

I have a bit of objection on word 'Huge'!!!! Infact IPL 3 was a disaster after the corruption got published.

Nope all the teams participating made profits.please provide a neutral source contradicting it.

As for the corruption allegations it was regarding team selection for IPL 4....and that too will be forgotten wen the tournament starts. :lol:

You didn't answered this part while replyin to relevant portion of my post:
most money ever generated from any one IPL match is still the one in which Shoaib Akhtar participated.

Again a neutral source needed which says it was only the particiation of Akhtar that generated such huge money.

Pakistan government mixed politics and sports when they prevented their team from playing in IPL 2.

There were no restrictions on Pak players at that time and they were welcome to play in South Africa but GoP decided to boycott it.

No you are wrong! Pakistani government stopped Pakistan team to travel to India during IPL 2 because they received threats from same extremist Hindu parties which Tanvir was talking about after IPL 3 snub.

i beg to differ u on this, we had seen recently how much crowd came to see pakistan matches in abu dhabi, even on holidays. in first place, nobody challenges BCCI, literally nobody, even the mighty aussies were on their knees when India toured australia. 80 % of money come from india. India has gr8 domestic crowd which is actually calling the shot. another thing is franchisee, who are the frontrunners??? which players gonna play there as opposed to BCCi? so many issues??

It was mutual and they both were involved in it.

I never said that PCB may still not play some politics, both the boards are sort of frenemies. But I personally would like to see them play and get the practice.

Well if u ask me, BCCI and PCB are friends, they have supported each other on many occasions, its the governments that poke their noses.

No you are wrong! Pakistani government stopped Pakistan team to travel to India during IPL 2 because they received threats from same extremist Hindu parties which Tanvir was talking about after IPL 3 snub.

Common yaar, IPL 2 was in South Africa, there are no Hindu extremist parties over there

Common yaar, IPL 2 was in South Africa, there are no Hindu extremist parties over there?

lol, I think you are not aware of whole situation. After it was moved to South Africa, Pakistani player submitted their availability but it was late then.

lol, I think you are not aware of whole situation. After it was moved to South Africa, Pakistani player submitted their availability but it was late then.

GoP proactively prevented its players to participate in IPL 2.

This did not go down well with the BCCI and bcoz they were organizing this tournament with high risk and that too away from India and wanted support, atleast from South Asian players but Pak refused to reciprocate.

Whatever happened in IPL 3 was retaliation by angry BCCI to non-support by pakistan in IPL 2.

WHatever Tanvir said in his interview does not suit to a mature person like him, but under the circumstances it was shear out of frustration and anger, you cant blame the whole socitey for the wrong doings of few.

As far as IPL is concern apart money and some low level mujra by the chear leaders what other charm you have. Can my Indian friends tell me if they achieved anything in the last two T20 world cups. Infact they crashed out of the tournaments like any other mdeiocre team.

I read some comments from the fellow Pakistani members about organizing a rival T 20 series like IPL in UAE, may I ask you why??? Let Pakistan come back to its normalcy and we will see loads of frenchisees, we have enough business power houses who can sponsor teams like anything, its only a matter of time. My two pennys.

GoP proactively prevented its players to participate in IPL 2.

This did not go down well with the BCCI and bcoz they were organizing this tournament with high risk and that too away from India and wanted support, atleast from South Asian players but Pak refused to reciprocate.

Whatever happened in IPL 3 was retaliation by angry BCCI to non-support by pakistan in IPL 2.

:blink: I explained you whole situation but you still don't wana understand.
Don't you know that IPL2 was moved to south Africa just two weeks before first match was played. And logically all the procedures takes lot of time.

If you hit stones at someone, then what do you expect they will do, throw flowers back at you, Every action have a reaction, you guys yourself say that

IPL should boycott pakistan players. They are mentally not very mature.

Look at the current series, Afridi resigned captaincy in middle of the tournament. Who would want a player of like him.

If you hit stones at someone, then what do you expect they will do, throw flowers back at you, Every action have a reaction, you guys yourself say that

Well the loss is only of Tanvir right?..it does not matter to the IPL if he plays or not or the interviewer who egged him on to say something stupid but he just screwed himself out of hundreds of thousands of dollars of potential earnings.

Back
Top Bottom