What's new

Indian money talks: Afridi, Tanvir want to forgive and forget

IPL should boycott pakistan players. They are mentally not very mature.

Look at the current series, Afridi resigned captaincy in middle of the tournament. Who would want a player of like him.

T20 is totally diff ball game from test Cricket, so plz don't mix 2 diff formats...
Afridi was the main guy behind PAK winning T20 WC.. he didn't quit T20 or ODIs...

obviously shahid afridi n sohail tanvir are behind the money.... we already saw underperforming of indian players in the T20 world cup after IPL with all its money... its not that i dont want afridi n tanvir not to join IPL because India is hosting it but as soon as players become part of IPL n get the HUGE money they just wont care about playing well for the country.....!

IPL should boycott pakistan players. They are mentally not very mature.

Look at the current series, Afridi resigned captaincy in middle of the tournament. Who would want a player of like him.

look who is talking, some brain fried Indian, trolling everyday, why dont you suk it up :devil:

look who is talking, some brain fried Indian, trolling everyday, why dont you suk it up :devil:

both Agni 5 and Frankenstein calm down !! XD lets not see a fight between fire and beast !! :cheers: this is about cricket cricket is the only thing where Indians and Pakistanis can talk to each other easily about !!

:blink: I explained you whole situation but you still don't wana understand.
Don't you know that IPL2 was moved to south Africa just two weeks before first match was played. And logically all the procedures takes lot of time.

originally IPL was supposed to take care in India, and GoP refused to let Pak players come bcoz of threat by Hindu extremist parties, this is hilarious man, the same Hindu extremist parties also threatened the Australian players but what happened, nothing. IPL security is by armed commandos, those hardliners could have done nothing except opening their mouth. India has an excellent track record in providing security to sport persons.

These hardliners was just an excuse by Pak goverment to prevent Pak players to play.

Ofcourse, the time in SA was very less to do anything, but Pak had made up its mind even before IPL was shifted to SA.

T20 is totally diff ball game from test Cricket, so plz don't mix 2 diff formats...
Afridi was the main guy behind PAK winning T20 WC.. he didn't quit T20 or ODIs...

Whatever format of the game. What would franchise do if pakistan player create drama after selection and playing 1-2 matches?

T-20 is pure luck and timing. Pakistan T-20 team is no better than any other team.

pakistan can beat any team- Yes
pakistan can loose with any team- Yes

This question is true for India, Sri Lanka team also.

Whatever format of the game. What would franchise do if pakistan player create drama after selection and playing 1-2 matches?

T-20 is pure luck and timing. Pakistan T-20 team is no better than any other team.

pakistan can beat any team- Yes
pakistan can loose with any team- Yes

This question is true for India, Sri Lanka team also.

Oh Plz come on stop giving lame excuses & these buts and ifs.... how many PAK players got kicked from 1st version of IPL for creating drama??

U can get lucky once or twice, but not always btw the record speaks for itself ... :wave:

Oh Plz come on stop giving lame excuses & these buts and ifs.... how many PAK players got kicked from 1st version of IPL for creating drama??

U can get lucky once or twice, but not always btw the record speaks for itself ... :wave:

Well there is not big record or history of T20 matches.

Here is the records of T20 mtaches.

Team records | Twenty20 Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

pakistan just won 4-5 extra T20 matches than other team in last 4 yrs.

Last edited:
Pakistani players will be back and playing very soon. But every patriotic Indian will protest Tanveer in India regardless of religion. Afridi and others reaction was justified, Tanveer just showed his unpad mentallity..

Well calculated wordings were used.

For starters, let him explain that to Danish Kaneria when they meet again.

I doubt Tanvir can ever again play in the IPL after what he said....his statements are god given to outfits like the Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal to go full throttle if he is ever going to India.
I don't see why the other Pakistani players cannot play.

Forget SS and BD, the franchises need to worry about the reactions from the local media and public. It is not worth it.

As for the other players, the Indo-Pak relation is pretty much the same even now. So franchises cannot pick any of them if there is a risk of their player not being able to travel. However:

- The BCCI must ask all the franchises if they are reluctant to pick players from ANY country - Pakistan, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe etc. if that is the case, players should be politely notified during the application stage. Not insulted at the auction like this time.

- People like Shah Rukh Khan should not politicize the incident for marketing their films.

- The players should shed their habit of speaking out to the public, as is the norm in Pakistan cricket. In 2008, the only one who spoke about any of their captains was Afridi. While Laxman was certainly not the best that team had, Afridi had no business speaking about it.

Money has no nationality so there is no such thing as Indian money.

Look at Sehwag and other Indian players who play IPL and hide their injuries so that they can play in the IPL but as soon as the national side calls them they are not available.

So money always talks. Another example is Azhar uddin who sold Indian interests to book keepers then you also have Jadeja who used to hang out in the Pakistani dressing room more than the Indian dressing room for the sake of money.

Money further talks and BCCI and the ICC completely ignores the match fixing in the IPL.

pakistanis should not play IPL for honour, indians have dishonoured them, and money should not be in between them

we all know IPL sucks alreay, boring..

i watched the first IPL, for all the glamour, it seemed pretty cool, but since then it has become very boring

My opinion on the whole IPL fiasco:

1. The decision to omit Pak players was purely business, the franchises didn't want to piss off masses, also security concern was there.

2. It was rather low of them as they invited Pakistani players. This is not how professionals behave.

3. GOI was totally unaware of it, Chidu and MS went ballistic on BCCI for the debacle.

4. Tanveer should be allowed to play only if he apologise. If he does, lets forget and forgive.

5. Wasim was bowling coach of KKR, so IPL didnt actually ban Pakistan.

6. I want Pakistani players to play in next IPL.

Edit: forgot most important point :- 7. T-20 sucks donkey ball. \Test cricket/ for life.

Last edited:
What happened in Mumbai was tragic. The popular perception in India is that Pakistan govt was behind it so IPL 3 snubbing Pakistani players was understandable to some extent to satisfy the Indian public. BUT what about so many cricket loving normal Pakistanis just like us(whom I m sure have no hand in Mumbai and condemn it).Screw the politicians of both countries I think India has an amazing opportunity thru IPL to reach out to the cricket and peace loving people of Pakistan.
So, I believe that IPL should welcome Pakistani players

P.S- I will support Shahid Afridi /Shoaib Akhtar(as long as he is not bowling to Sachin):D over some Watson/flintoff/warner/Tait etc any day.

welll no one is now interested in ipl because what happened iin ipl last time corruption we all know what standards have been set by ipl before ipl starts in closed doors owners of team bid for wininer of ipl who ever bid more will get final i plate they just making fool of us ipl is just a script of bollywood film

Back
Top Bottom