What's new

Indian money talks: Afridi, Tanvir want to forgive and forget

there is no limit to the amount of conspiracy theories u guys beleive in..or is there one..?

there was no RSS/Shiv sena lobby in BCCI....

Yes the Pakistani cricketers should not have been invited and then rejected...that is no way to treat guests.
Any dumb will believe that Shahid Afridi, Tanvir, Umer Akmal loosing in a bid in front of low profile players without any conspiracy in back ground. All were part of World Champion Team.

But them wat Tanveer said was pure verbal diarohhea just showing the frustration of loosing out lakhs of rupees.
Obviously after their insult in IPL, he deserve to be harsh and angry.

he should be allowed IPL only after he tenders an unconditional apology.

IPL should also formally apologize from all Pakistani players.

IPL doesnt loose anything if he is not there...The Pakistani players were never missed in the last edittion of IPL which was a huge success.
but not as big a success than first IPL.
And also, most money ever generated from any one IPL match is still the one in which Shoaib Akhtar participated.

I said it then and would say it again, Tanvir was venting off anger and mis-spoke, and it's a good thing he apologized for saying distasteful things in anger. Then too he hasn't show his keenness to beg after them - he left it up to the board and the seniors of the team to order him to go. Meaning IPL still has to ask for him to come, not the other way round and the PCB has to allow him to go.

Also mixing Afridi into this is wrong, Daily Times wrote a messed up piece and mixed in half truths with their own opinions.

I said it then and would say it again, Tanvir was venting off anger and mis-spoke, and it's a good thing he apologized for saying distasteful things in anger. Then too he hasn't show his keenness to beg after them - he left it up to the board and the seniors of the team to order him to go. Meaning IPL still has to ask for him to come, not the other way round and the PCB has to allow him to go.

Also mixing Afridi into this is wrong, Daily Times wrote a messed up piece and mixed in half truths with their own opinions.

It really does not matter if he mis spoke...you and me know that he will never again be picked to play in the IPL.It would be suicide for any team to choose him.

I expect the other Pakistani players like Afridi to be back playing very soon.But Tanvir is a different case.With the advent of the internet you have be very careful what you say as it is recorded for perpetuity now.Tanvir just lost himself millions of dollars of earnings for blowing his top for a minute.

But its okay I guess, the money involved in IPL is huge and your patriotism can take a backseat for 45 days. If ur players are patriotic then they should take back their names from the auction itself. Its just money that is making them (and others) come here.

It is not about Patriotism, but business. Even the money that will come to Pakistan will infact be beneficial for Pakistan. Angry mind losses everything and but cool minded get all benefits.
They should participate in IPL and make some money.

It really does not matter if he mis spoke...you and me know that he will never again be picked to play in the IPL.It would be suicide for any team to choose him.

I expect the other Pakistani players like Afridi to be back playing very soon.But Tanvir is a different case.With the advent of the internet you have be very careful what you say as it is recorded for perpetuity now.Tanvir just lost himself millions of dollars of earnings for blowing his top for a minute.
There is still a chance the PCB will not allow them to play in the IPL. Although they should since its good practice.

Any dumb will believe that Shahid Afridi, Tanvir, Umer Akmal loosing in a bid in front of low profile players without any conspiracy in back ground. All were part of World Champion Team.

No conspiracy...just the amount of anger Indians had on Pakistanis (justified or unjustified) after 26/11 made their selection an unpalatable option.

Obviously after their insult in IPL, he deserve to be harsh and angry.

That doesnt justify his words against Hindus.Ask him to take the example of Afridi or Younis who were gracious even after that.I admire them not this hot headed fool.

IPL should also formally apologize from all Pakistani players.

Y should they..are they missing anything if these players are not playing or the Indian public missing anything. - NO -
On the contrary they were hardly missed in IPL 3 which turned out to be a huge sucess.

but not as big a success than first IPL.
And also, most money ever generated from any one IPL match is still the one in which Shoaib Akhtar participated.

yes not as sucessful as IPL 1...but that credit doesnt go to the Pakistani players participating...(good twist u gave)

That was solely doe to the curiosity factor which was ther in IPL 1 but missing in IPL 3.

P.S.: Like i said i would love to have the Afridis,Akthars,Younis Khans back in action..not some hot headed person who doesnt know wat he s speaking.

There is still a chance the PCB will not allow them to play in the IPL. Although they should since its good practice.

Pakistani players will be back and playing very soon...I have no doubt about that. That is why I said Tanvir did a stupid thing and shot his own foot off. Not completely his fault as you can see the interviewer egging him on to say something outrageous and he did.

better forget everything and start a new life. I was among those who said boycott IPL for good..... but i guess IPL can be a great source to bring both nations closer to each other so wh not forgive and forget and start a new life again

Tanvir's reaction was understandable beause of his anger caused by the blunder in IPL auction and when you lose your temper you say something that you probably do not want to say

Last edited:
It is not about Patriotism, but business. Even the money that will come to Pakistan will infact be beneficial for Pakistan. Angry mind losses everything and but cool minded get all benefits.
They should participate in IPL and make some money.

Participation of Pak players depend whether IPL wants them or not. Just bcoz Pak is number one in T20 does not mean they have a right to participate in IPL.

PCB is also in negotiations with UAE authorities to launch a competing series like the EPL (Emirati). If the UAE funds it, they might out do India in terms of money and not to mention the fraud issues IPL is facing.

Plenty of options for Pakistani cricket - and I hope some T20 action comes to Dubai, my way.

PCB is also in negotiations with UAE authorities to launch a competing series like the EPL (Emirati). If the UAE funds it, they might out do India in terms of money and not to mention the fraud issues IPL is facing.

Plenty of options for Pakistani cricket - and I hope some T20 action comes to Dubai, my way.

The thing in bold - looks difficult

Pakistani players should go if the IPL has a confirmed position for them and puts up a good offer. I have no problems with keeping sports and politics separate.

UAE cannot outdo the IPL in terms of money...nor will the BCCI allow a competing T-20 competition near them. It will do what they did to the ICL destroy it with the help of other cricket boards all of whom will be rewarded with Indian tours which bring in the moolah.

No conspiracy...just the amount of anger Indians had on Pakistanis (justified or unjustified) after 26/11 made their selection an unpalatable option.

Where was that anger when these players were invited and Franchises themselve contacted them and asked to participate in auction as they were interested to pick them up.
I don't know why suddenly everything changed.

That doesnt justify his words against Hindus.Ask him to take the example of Afridi or Younis who were gracious even after that.I admire them not this hot headed fool.

Now you are twisting the story! Do not generalize all Hindus. He was pointing towards Extremist Hindus like Shiv Sena.

Y should they..are they missing anything if these players are not playing or the Indian public missing anything. - NO -
Just your thought, far from reality.

On the contrary they were hardly missed in IPL 3 which turned out to be a huge sucess.
I have a bit of objection on word 'Huge'!!!! Infact IPL 3 was a disaster after the corruption got published.

yes not as sucessful as IPL 1...but that credit doesnt go to the Pakistani players participating...(good twist u gave)

That was solely doe to the curiosity factor which was ther in IPL 1 but missing in IPL 3.

You didn't answered this part while replyin to relevant portion of my post:
most money ever generated from any one IPL match is still the one in which Shoaib Akhtar participated.

Pakistani players should go if the IPL has a confirmed position for them and puts up a good offer. I have no problems with keeping sports and politics separate.

Pakistan government mixed politics and sports when they prevented their team from playing in IPL 2.

There were no restrictions on Pak players at that time and they were welcome to play in South Africa but GoP decided to boycott it.

Back
Top Bottom