What's new

INDIAN MIG 21 BISON CRASHES

MAJOR REASON FOR MIG 21 CRASHES

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I request all to keep unrelated things out of this thread as it will invite a troll fest ...

A correction " Various sources say that induction of LCA will only be possible after 2015 when it gets FOC " ... I will happy to post links if you want but the news was very well reported here ... So 15 Months time table just isn't true , you are planning to replace Bisons with MKI's and Rafales ... Think again , are you replacing them or merely trying to get close to the sanctioned strength of 39.5 squadrons the numbers that your planners think are necessary to maintain air superiority over adversaries ? ... Different aircrafts have different roles ... Why doesn't US replace all of A10's with Raptor ?
US doesnt replace them with raptors because the Raptor cost is too much for the AF to handle with current threats to budget cuts. The whole of US military is slimming to keep the cost low.
While in case of IAF they are not worried about money rather getting the aircraft and replacing the older ones. The MKI and Rafale are the main replacement for the older MIG and SUs. While the LCA acts as a gap filling plane and to help develop the local industry.

The MKI and Rafale are the main replacement for the older MIG and SUs. While the LCA acts as a gap filling plane and to help develop the local industry.

Simply cant , different air craft have different roles and different categories to fill in ... How much does an LCA cost , compare it with the cost of Rafale or MKI's and then tell me how many air craft are you going to induct to get close to the sanctioned squadron strength of 39.5 ... LCA doesn't act as a gap filling plane but rather as an replacement for old air craft ...

My friend please don't go down the cliche "LCA delayed since forever" route. Yes HAL/ADA/DRDO were a bit optimistic in their planning but then they didn't factor in crippling sanctions and such huge fincail constraints not to mention ever changing requirements from the IAF. Given the climate in which they developed the LCA it has to be said they've done an incredible job. And the LCA that will be inducted shortly will be dramatically more capable than the mere Mig-21 replacement than was initially planned.

Well I'd like to not go down the LCA road in the thread as it is not related, I only intended to answer our friend SU-11 here who brings his "mig-21 biological grand daddy of JF-17" in every thread he can find. I have already given and stated links proving what im saying makes sense, however the delivery schedule you presented did almost the opposite, again as I have shown.

So there fore i would like to leave this LCA topic reserved for some place else and im not in the mood to argue so back to the topic.

While the crashes of IAF are many, but the frequency of occurrence has been more less post 2011, so thats a positive prospect for the IAF, that said the mig-21 has become more of a nightmare for friends than its for the adversaries of IAF.

I request all to keep unrelated things out of this thread as it will invite a troll fest ...

A correction " Various sources say that induction of LCA will only be possible after 2015 when it gets FOC " ... I will happy to post links if you want but the news was very well reported here ... So 15 Months time table just isn't true , you are planning to replace Bisons with MKI's and Rafales ... Think again , are you replacing them or merely trying to get close to the sanctioned strength of 39.5 squadrons the numbers that your planners think are necessary to maintain air superiority over adversaries ? ... Different aircrafts have different roles ... Why doesn't US replace all of A10's with Raptor ?

39.5 SQD target will be reached by 2022 and by 2030 the IAF will have 45+ SQDs.

And what I am saying wrt MKIs replacing the mig-21s is that certain mig-21 SQDs ie the Personal are converting from the 21s to MKIs. The MKIs aren't replacing the mig/21s set their roles- they are vastly different. But I am saying the idea that the entire Mig-21 fleet will remain in place unchanged until the LCA comes into the picture is factually incorrect. The IAF is setting up new SADs for the LCAs as well as the remaining Mig-21 SQDs converting to LCAs. So year on year the number of Mig-21s are going down by x number of SQDs as the MKIs are replacing them. It can't be seen in simple 1 LCA will replace 1 Mig-21, No the IAF is having 3 different platforms replace the Mig-21 in OAF service (MKI, Rafale and LCA).

Simply cant , different air craft have different roles and different cattegories to fill in ... How much does an LCA cost , compare it with the cost of Rafale or MKI's and then tell me how many air craft are you going to induct to get close to the sanctioned squadron strength of 39.5 ... LCA doesn't act as a gap filling plane but rather as an replacement for old air craft ...

Yes they have different role but the AF can't go out and buy a plane like the MIG 21 anymore they are just going for the replacement wit Rafale and the MKI it was stated when the tender for MMRCA was put up.

Well I'd like to not go down the LCA road in the thread as it is not related, I only intended to answer our friend SU-11 here who brings his "mig-21 biological grand daddy of JF-17" in every thread he can find. I have already given and stated links proving what im saying makes sense, however the delivery schedule you presented did almost the opposite, again as I have shown.

So there fore i would like to leave this LCA topic reserved for some place else and im not in the mood to argue so back to the topic.

While the crashes of IAF are many, but the frequency of occurrence has been more less post 2011, so thats a positive prospect for the IAF, that said the mig-21 has become more of a nightmare for friends than its for the adversaries of IAF.

Mate lets not get into the ins and outs of the JFT's development- this isn't the right place for such a discussion.

Bhai yes U.S can't replace A10's with Raptor but

U.S definatly replaced f-5's with f-16 or F-15
Soviets replaced Mig21 with Su27 or Mig29's
French replaced Mirage 2k or Mirage5 with Rafale's
Japan can replace F-5's with F 15 or F-35's..

So in short your future procurment depends on your future doctrine[aggressive or Defensive] and availability of jets in the market.....and Btw don't forget Mig 21 was nothing short F35 of 1960's

I guess you have to look at things like if they are also flying less post 2011

I guess you have to look at things like if they are also flying less post 2011

Are they? Any links that say so?

indian maintenance:lol:

Name another country that can keep 50 year old aircrafts flying. It's sad that they have to be doing that, but they are doing a stellar job of it. Indian maintanance and jugaad have to be appreciated, and are nothing to be laughed at.

Your own mirages are crashing at a faster rate. I don't mean to troll by saying that, if I knew about other countries that keep ancient aircrafts in the air, I would mention them too to compare. I'm just saying that the maintainance guys are the last people to be faulted. The procurement system is a joke of course.

surely this is

1890806.jpg

Than this by now

pic_mig_21_709433.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom