What's new

INDIAN MIG 21 BISON CRASHES

MAJOR REASON FOR MIG 21 CRASHES

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes another one. Please keep atleast one alive for "Decommissioning Function" which is to happen soon.

At this rate, none with be left...:sick:

Good to know Pilot is safe!!

^

What did I tell you in another thread about the need to replace ageing airframes ? :lol:

Yea, we replace airframes by new fighters, not the same fighter's grandsons.

Guys the IAF is replacing Mig 21s with Rafales,LCAs and MKIs on a 1:1 basis but in terms of capabilities the entire OAF fleet is tripling or quadrupling in performance if not more. The IAF has the vision and more importantly the funding to transform itself into the finest AF in the region and one of the best in the world and it has already embarked on this process. Come 2020-5 we won't even remember the Mig-21s!!

Those grandsons are new. Plus those engines are a new generation one. Wait for a few years then we'll see how they fare.

The IAF will not accept anything less than 4+ gen multirolers from now. No more of the mig-21/27 equivalents for the future IAF, and that's a good thing.

That's nice to hear and all that.

But if Anthony and his trash keep delaying the Tejas' induction, we may not have any MiG-21s to phase out at all.

I am thankful that the pilot was safe.

The IAF will not accept anything less than 4+ gen multirolers from now. No more of the mig-21/27 equivalents for the future IAF, and that's a good thing.

That's nice to hear and all that.

But if Anthony and his trash keep delaying the Tejas' induction, we may not have any MiG-21s to phase out at all.

I am thankful that the pilot was safe.

seems the Indian migs are to old even with BVR and other capabilities its hard for Indian air force to keep them in the air tejas is the only replacement but the projects taking to much time they better buy jets form third party country to replace these migs Mirages 2000 and amarican F16 may be ;)

seems the Indian migs are to old even with BVR and other capabilities its hard for Indian air force to keep them in the air tejas is the only replacement but the projects taking to much time they better buy jets form third party country to replace these migs Mirages 2000 and amarican F16 may be ;)

This is categorically untrue- for the age of the 21s the IAF is doing a commendable job of keeping the birds in be air and whilst there maybe crashes from time to time they are within acceptable numbers. And anyway the 21s are being replaced by MKIs (many mig-21 SQDs have already been completely converted to MKI SQDs) Rafales and LCAs. As such if any other unexpected delay crops up wrt the LCA the IAF will simply induct more Rafales or MKIs to make up the difference. The IAF has committed itself to a complete overhaul and has the funds to see this through to fruition- nothing will stop these effort now. No matter howuch you may wish.

they better buy jets form third party country to replace these migs Mirages 2000 and amarican F16 may be ;)

They already did that. It was called the M-MRCA, and rafales won. The stated reasons for the MRCA purchase when the idea was first floated was precisely that.

I mean don't blame Mig 21, Tejas delay leads to the tragedy.

How dare you belittled the IAF, the elites military unit of the All Mighty indian! They are simply (or self-claimed to be) the best of the best. You know, now they even helping my country to train our RSAF pilots!!!! at least that is what the indians themselves said so. LOLOL... LOLOL... LOLOL...

Yea, we replace airframes by new fighters, not the same fighter's grandsons.

Since this is the Indian side, I wont try to hit any nerves by going to the roots of LCA which happens to be in the same time frame as the wright brothers jet itself (in the context that u put with the JF-17)

i.e

Mig-21 related to F-7
V

SAbre II project related to F-7
V
Super 7 related to Sabre II
V
Super 7 related to JF-17

V
so therefore "JF-17 based on Mig-21" :D

Now let me bring in something even more fun, most of our Indian friends and even some of our pakistani members believe that JF-17 is influenced by the Project 33 or Mig-33.

MiG-35d.jpg

Now this baby was dropped by the soviets due to economic reasons however the idea and work floated right about the time when F-16 was introduced.

Now, lets take your statement, and let me make it categorical, it doesn't even matter that its based on either of the jets, you may use it and post it over again and again, but the fact is this, even the PT-01 and PT-04 of JF-17 were two different beasts so it doesn't really matter.

What matters is that PAF is now fielding a cost effective fighter with capabilities which give it a
2 generation gap over what its replacing, and whats more important is that the integration of new weapons etc is taking it place making it more potent while all your precious new design is getting is new dates when to get FOC with continuous delays, By the time LCA MK-1 makes it to the IAF, PAF would be looking at the block III JF-17 (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom