What's new

Indian Media Responsible for Worsening India-Pakistan Relationship - Afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jingoism sells. India TV with its interviews with Ghosts and tantriks is popular in rural and semi urban India. Times Now is a joke - I think Reuters was so frustrated with this "news" channel that they gave up their partnership with Times. But Times has been eating into market share of NDTV and of CNN IBN

Jingoism sells. India TV with its interviews with Ghosts and tantriks is popular in rural and semi urban India.

I mean why some channels don't create awareness about different superstitions exist in indian society ?

The jingoistic attitude of the Indian media sadly also reflects in their people as well. These are some of their facebook statuses after Pakistan lost in the semi finals. When the Pakistani people were congratulating India on their deserved victory graciously, this is what the Indian people were saying:

a) "Pakistan se Aaya Bhoot, Afridi teri Maa ki ****!!!!"

b) "Pakistani-Yun PAKISTAN se dushmani achi nahi INDIA....... SHEELA teri JAWAN hai, MUNNI teri BADNAAM hai or CAPTAIN hamara PATHAN hai......

HINDUSTANI-jung toh cheed gayi hai kamino.....SHEELA hamari JAWAN hai, MUNNI hamari BADNAAM hai or jitne runs Sachin k hai utna SQUARE FEET tumhara pakistan hai..."

c) "Pakistan, we have beat your 5 f***ing times now, maybe its time you bow down to the Gods of Cricket and show some respect and save yourselves some embarrassment in the future!!!!"

d) "Semi final teams:

from group A: 1.Pakistan 2. New Zealand 3. Sri lanka

from group B: INDIA.....

jhund me to KUTTE aate hai... SHER akela hi aata hai lalluuuu...."

There were countless of other comments like these. When the Indian team won against Pakistan, I congratulated them, I told them they deserved their victory, & I told them that I hoped they would win the final. There were countless other Pakistani Americans like me. And these were the type of comments that were given out by Indians. It's kind of sad what jingoism does to the humanity in people.

The jingoistic attitude of the Indian media sadly also reflects in their people as well. These are some of their facebook statuses after Pakistan lost in the semi finals. When the Pakistani people were congratulating India on their deserved victory graciously, this is what the Indian people were saying:

There were countless of other comments like these. When the Indian team won against Pakistan, I congratulated them, I told them they deserved their victory, & I told them that I hoped they would win the final. There were countless others Pakistani Americans like me. And these were the type of comments that were given out by Indians. It's kind of sad what jingoism does to the humanity of people.

If it helps - it wasn't restricted to Pakistan. Jokes and SMSes were floating against Aussies in QFs and Lankans in finals too.

"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi said during a talk show on Samaa news channel when he was asked about relations between the two countries.

"It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad," he said as the audience in the TV channel's studio applauded him repeatedly.

Indians not as large hearted as Pakistanis: Afridi

Isnt his job to play cricket not talk politics?

He is planning in advance for his future. Sub continental cricketers have option of either becoming commentators or politicians after they retire.:lol:

He is planning in advance for his future. Sub continental cricketers have option of either becoming commentators or politicians after they retire.:lol:

oh so this guy could be like future prime minister of Pakistan:O

How else can a Pakistani cricketer explain a loss to India to his people? This guy is super lucky to still be playing today after the number and types of controversies he has been in. What is politics to you is simply a way to distract people from asking tough questions. Lets not forget their own government had warned them that they will be watched to prevent any match fixing.

Why would some one do that if they do not trust their cricket team. Many question the timing of these questions but Pakistani cricketers have got PAK more shame than gain in recent times. I care less what he thinks of our media and if relations can be improved or not, that in fact should be the last thing on his mind.

lot of BS coming out from pakistan side after the match , i was just thinking , it would be better had this match would have never happened..

there was talks of reviving india-pakistan cricket series , but now in my view , it's shouldn't , ..
let them do their way...let us do our way...

oh so this guy could be like future prime minister of Pakistan:O

:lol: Bit far fetched, but I wouldn't rule out Member of Parliament for all the sub continent cricketers who venture into politics.

:lol: Bit far fetched, but I wouldn't rule out Member of Parliament for all the sub continent cricketers who venture into politics.

NO ROY he will be the future prime minister !

i bet you 5 dollars.

Very unnecessary for Shahid Afridi to speak like this. He earned a lot of respect by the manner in which he conducted himself during the WC s/f and the way he handled the questions from the media on beating/not beating India. Really stupid to go down the religious route & saying unnecessary stuff about Muslim heart & others. Would not have minded if he had stuck to the "Pakistani heart bigger than Indian heart" but the moment he went on a religious tangent, he lost my respect & i am sure that of a lot of others. If that is what he thinks, then there never will be any future for "Muslim Pakistan" to do any business with "Hindus". Really Stupid! After his rant about how Indians/Hindus can never be the same as Muslims he promptly goes off on another weird tangent talking about how a "third party" is responsible for all the mischief & bad blood. Really weird! Either the first part of his statement was right or the second was. If "Hindus" cannot be dealt with, then what does it matter what a third party is doing or not doing?

You must thank PDF we still allow bharatis despite your state terrorism against Pakistan.

Absolutely an untrue statement. Completely Fiction. Move on.. try something new.

why religion into everything.

doesnt anybody teach him that India has almost same number of Muslims as Pakistan. go to a decent school man. He is a celebrity and it is the way he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom