What's new

Indian Media Responsible for Worsening India-Pakistan Relationship - Afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. So, Afridi has also turned out to be like that freshly minted coin.

Young.
Shiny.

And with two faces.

If an Indian cricketer makes such comments he should be fired immediately irrespetive of his stature.

This is strange. Christina Palmer writes from Pakistan (clear case of fetish from a I suspect a wannabe), fake wikileaks happended from Pakistan. All national newspapers carried it. Some of them think that it is as true as God to this day. Conspiracy theories and fast paced fiction is favourite front page news in Pakistan. Sources are quoted for damning allegations against India everyday without any source providing any evidence to the alleged effect anytime. And then they say evil media in India.

I will keep Afridi out of it. He is a good cricketer and will get respect for that.

ISLAMABAD: Days after winning the hearts of numerous Indian fans with his remarks after his team's loss in the World Cup semifinal, Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has said Indians are not as large-hearted as Pakistanis.

Afridi also slammed the Indian media for its "very negative approach" and said the Pakistani media was a "hundred times better" than its Indian counterpart.

"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi said during a talk show on Samaa news channel when he was asked about relations between the two countries.

"It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad," he said as the audience in the TV channel's studio applauded him repeatedly.

"We don't want to fight with each other but a third country - everyone knows which one it is - is trying to spoil our relations. (This country) is taking advantage of Pakistan and wants to take advantage of India. I don't want to go into details but these people will not let us come together," he added.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semifinal with India at Mohali on March 30, Afridi replied: "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India.

"Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

India beat Pakistan in the semifinal, which was watched by the Prime Ministers of the two countries, who used cricket diplomacy to boost the peace process between the two sides.

Afridi also criticised Interior Minister Rehman Malik for warning the Pakistani team not to get involved in match-fixing and Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir, who vowed to dedicate victory in the World Cup final to victims of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

"I think they were both very stupid comments by Rehman Malik and Gautam Gambhir...I wasn't expecting this from Gautam...This is all politics, what do you know about who carried out the Bombay attacks?" he said.

The Mumbai attacks, which left 166 people dead, were carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Media in any country is for domestic consumption of-course they have to support their country what is wrong in that. I will see problem while reading news of not so friendly countries.

Why not block your countries players and personalities appearing in such media ? Imran khan, Wasim Akram, Ramiz raja etc.

And yes the most important one should rein in the internal minister of country who warns own country's players of fixing in Media that too for international tournament just before their match.

It is upto Gambhir whom he wants to dedicate his victory to - and he said it when he was asked in the Taj.

Media in any country is for domestic consumption of-course they have to support their country what is wrong in that. I will see problem while reading news of not so friendly countries.

Why not block your countries players and personalities appearing in such media ? Imran khan, Wasim Akram, Ramiz raja etc.

And yes the most important one should rein in the internal minister of country who warns own country's players of fixing in Media that too for international tournament just before their match.

jaheer abbas , shoiab malik , veena malik .....they were all their on indian media channals during WC...non of them made any simmilier comments like the afridi did..

what do you think of Barkha Dutt's involvement in radia tape issue? Media- corporate- politicians nexus is evident from this .

Even if we ignore the Barkha's sell out, I see NDTV is as crappy,if not more, than any other private channel. Poor sensationalism, junk topics, lack of focus or seriousness. [Think of it, when was it last it hosted a serious debate] It has become another entertainment channel.

since Ind-Pak match was known, all channels were giving at least 8-10 hours of coverage every day. What kind of crappiness is this?

I recently watched Neelam Sharma's debate in DD ( yes the channel still exist) on Nuclear Energy vs alternate energy - aftermath of Japan's disaster, its was pretty good....no shouting panelists, no abrupt interruptions by host - every panelist given ample time to post their views and NO PAID Panelists and no POLITICIANS

ISLAMABAD: Days after winning the hearts of numerous Indian fans with his remarks after his team's loss in the World Cup semifinal, Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi has said Indians are not as large-hearted as Pakistanis.

Afridi also slammed the Indian media for its "very negative approach" and said the Pakistani media was a "hundred times better" than its Indian counterpart.

"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi said during a talk show on Samaa news channel when he was asked about relations between the two countries.

"It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad," he said as the audience in the TV channel's studio applauded him repeatedly.

"We don't want to fight with each other but a third country - everyone knows which one it is - is trying to spoil our relations. (This country) is taking advantage of Pakistan and wants to take advantage of India. I don't want to go into details but these people will not let us come together," he added.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semifinal with India at Mohali on March 30, Afridi replied: "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India.

"Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

India beat Pakistan in the semifinal, which was watched by the Prime Ministers of the two countries, who used cricket diplomacy to boost the peace process between the two sides.

Afridi also criticised Interior Minister Rehman Malik for warning the Pakistani team not to get involved in match-fixing and Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir, who vowed to dedicate victory in the World Cup final to victims of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

"I think they were both very stupid comments by Rehman Malik and Gautam Gambhir...I wasn't expecting this from Gautam...This is all politics, what do you know about who carried out the Bombay attacks?" he said.

The Mumbai attacks, which left 166 people dead, were carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba.

He shouldn't have been judgemental at first place. Looks like a politician in the making. BTW
why did he bring religion in to this - Unless he is also an pdf member ;-)

I am not arguing which county is the aggressor. It is just about the television channels. I think Pakistan has some decent channels like Dunyatv and Dawn. India doesn't have something similar. Even reputed channels like NDTV and IBN live indulge in cheap journalism just for the rating. This is not only in context of Pakistan. They have a very corporate mentality which is so obvious. I just wish ethical institutions like Hindu start a news channel and cater to audience who want to watch balanced , moderate news.

I am not saying the media are holy cow. They are utterly biased in national politics but extending that to Pakistan is not correct.

If the above said incidents had happened in Pakistan, we would be seeing Zaid Hamid lookalike as the chairperson of DAWN.

Afridi is a good cricketer, a good all rounder and a strong presence on the cricket field. Whatever he maybe doing, his presence can't be ignored. We respect him for that. But, he knows nothing about politics. and should stay away from politics. There is more venom in Pakistani media than there is in the Indian media. Some times our media does go overboard with the nationalism and the jingoism like it is doing now with the issue of the world cup replica which is at best an administrative fukc up. But hey, no one has a monopoly on stupidity in India. All have equal right to it. And with freedom of the media, it is a party.

Afridi is a good cricketer, a good all rounder and a strong presence on the cricket field. Whatever he maybe doing, his presence can't be ignored. We respect him for that. But, he knows nothing about politics. and should stay away from politics. There is more venom in Pakistani media than there is in the Indian media. Some times our media does go overboard with the nationalism and the jingoism like it is doing now with the issue of the world cup replica which is at best an administrative fukc up. But hey, no one has a monopoly on stupidity in India. All have equal right to it. And with freedom of the media, it is a party.

you will have to prove this point, our media diesnt harm other people like indians, they are more to harm pakistanis ourselves, they produce more negatives on us then any indian or african

Wow Jana is becoming famous..:cheesy:

Anyway, what Afridi said was uncalled for.
Did he say it to please the audience? Because a looser has a tough time facing critics, and hate India theme goes down with every one in Pakistan.
Just a few nasty words about India, and people soon forget the main topic. A good escapist route for people in Pakistan.
Next time some one fails a college exam, and all he has to do is yell that Bloody India is behind it..People will agree...:laugh:

Even if we ignore the Barkha's sell out, I see NDTV is as crappy,if not more, than any other private channel. Poor sensationalism, junk topics, lack of focus or seriousness. [Think of it, when was it last it hosted a serious debate] It has become another entertainment channel.

since Ind-Pak match was known, all channels were giving at least 8-10 hours of coverage every day. What kind of crappiness is this?

I recently watched Neelam Sharma's debate in DD ( yes the channel still exist) on Nuclear Energy vs alternate energy - aftermath of Japan's disaster, its was pretty good....no shouting panelists, no abrupt interruptions by host - every panelist given ample time to post their views and NO PAID Panelists and no POLITICIANS

Apart from DD1 try Loksabha channel. Really nice channel with properly moderated discussion forums.

very well said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom