What's new

Indian LCA Tejas Or Pakistani JF-17: Who Is Winning The Malaysian Fighter Jet Contract?

Nope. JF17 flew with 2 mock ups of that missile in an airshow. In China. Reports came in that even if bought some missiles. But there are no reports of integration, test firing on JF17 yet. I am not saying it hasn't happened, but there is no evidence to prove otherwise. Air launched BrahMos even with multiple test fires with Su30 is still under dev trials.
Pakistan ordered 100 CM400AKG in 2018 or 2017 according to MODP the weapon is integrated with JF 17

Pakistan ordered 100 CM400AKG in 2018 or 2017 according to MODP the weapon is integrated with JF 17

Not refuting the purchase. It's just no one has yet seen its integration and test firing from J17 yet seeing it's not a secret anymore. Even Mirage V or F7 could carry them. Or paf could also have ground launched cruise version missiles of it. Or it signed the agreement which is true but did not get delivered or its waiting to be integrated with block 3.

Bottomline is there are a lots of if and buts reg Cm400 with JF17.

Astra integration will happen by next year and test firing is planned this year, it will make the longest range BVR being offered by any contendor.
Astra is not even half of the range of PL15 being offered in JF17 Block3
Not refuting the purchase. It's just no one has yet seen its integration and test firing from J17 yet seeing it's not a secret anymore. Even Mirage V or F7 could carry them. Or paf could also have ground launched cruise version missiles of it. Or it signed the agreement which is true but did not get delivered or its waiting to be integrated with block 3.

Bottomline is there are a lots of if and buts reg Cm400 with JF17.
May be we are keeping it as a surprise for you people as our DG ISPR has said on more than one occasions.

Why are you calling me dumb?
Because I have disagreed with you?

You quoted a Thr to Wt ratio with WS-13 engine. Did you produce a source for that?
Now who is dumb here?
For last few posts you have been constantly posting BS.
Whatever suits you is claimed as a credible performance. Wherever you feel like you show as if your credible info was denied. You claimed Thr to Wt ratio of more than 1. I asked for its source. You couldn’t produce one.

Are you dumb or an idiot who doesn’t understand simple English inspite of being explained clearly.
Now I feel like calling a a dumb shit.
JF-17 can’t track a target more than 200 Km due to radar limitation but it can fire at a target more than 200 Kms. And missile will find out a target more than that range on its own and then track it too. 😜😜
What did you eat today? Go and get your glucose level checked. Your brain is failing you.

Literally shown by whom amd where? In your dreams?
You are wrong again. Tejas has a FBW in all axis while JF is limited only in one axis. Who told you that FBW is only for stabilising? You are a dumb crack who doesn’t know anything.

I wouldn’t go on further with your post because it is filled with nothing else but pure BS. Your posts are full of unproven info.

You are wasting others time here while you don’t even know how to quote a post and keep posting lengthy posts which are full of BS.
They have multi sources including satellite guidance, AWACS guidance and their OWN radar with ACTIVE SEEKER

They have multi sources including satellite guidance
So you plan to launch a missile after detecting it by a satellite? If you are telling about GPS etc then you don’t seem to have got my question.

How do you exploit the full capability of a missile that has more range than the mother aircraft? On the premise that it will always launch missile with the help of an AWACS? Is it a viable plan? If at all.

Don’t get to name calling without understanding the post. Unless you are what you call others.

So you plan to launch a missile after detecting it by a satellite? If you are telling about GPS etc then you don’t seem to have got my question.

How do you exploit the full capability of a missile that has more range than the mother aircraft? On the premise that it will always launch missile with the help of an AWACS? Is it a viable plan? If at all.

Don’t get to name calling without understanding the post. Unless you are what you call others.
I never said it will always launch with the help of AWACs, I said it can launch, it will depend upon the doctrine of the force. but having said that full capability of a missile that has more range than the mother aircraft can be utilized by more than one methods. And by the way why are you assuming that we will always fire at maximum range? and even if we do when will the missiles own radar be used ? you dont think its just for show off purpose ?

And by the way why are you assuming that we will always fire at maximum range? and even if we do when will the missiles own radar be used ? you dont think its just for show off purpose ?
When does someone put a missile with more range than that of the mother aircraft’s radar range? Is it by choice or when adequately powered radar is not available or can’t be carried due to multitudes of reasons?

Don’t be edgy. My post had nothing offensive.

When does someone put a missile with more range than that of the mother aircraft’s radar range? Is it by choice or when adequately powered radar is not available or can’t be carried due to multitudes of reasons?

Does it matter adequately powered radar is available or not as long as it can destroy the enemy aircraft with one capability or the other ? Aim is to win the war and destroy the enemy one way or the other , not to compare ranges

Does it matter adequately powered radar is available or not as long as it can destroy the enemy aircraft with one capability or the other ? Aim is to win the war and destroy the enemy one way or the other , not to compare ranges
If you are happy with it then fine.

However, to any analyst with basic knowledge of the subject it is a deficiency. If underpowered radars were so capable then Airforces across the world wouldn’t be wasting billions of $s on improving radar performances. And these are the ones with best AWACS.

I am sure PAF also wouldn’t want an underpowered radar unless it was due to some problem of payload, integration issues or power supply.

If you are happy with it then fine.

However, to any analyst with basic knowledge of the subject it is a deficiency. If underpowered radars were so capable then Airforces across the world wouldn’t be wasting billions of $s on improving radar performances. And these are the ones with best AWACS.

I am sure PAF also wouldn’t want an underpowered radar unless it was due to some problem of payload, integration issues or power supply.
All weapons have deficiencies, there is no perfect weapon, and not only PAF would want an underpowered radar no air force would but it still has more range than Rafale's and Tejas radars so we are still better off

Why are you guys being childish, both Tejas and jf17 build according to their doctrine, Tejas never had to snipe out paf aircrafts far as damx nor paf jf17, for healthy discussion consider meteor and pl15 in same class bvr 200km + range these range mostly for medium to low maneuvering targets when come to maneuvering fighter aircraft these range comes down to 150 km or less, so why pl15 or meteor more lethal than time tested aim120 series, it's simple their no escape zones and engagement modes, fighters like jf17 and Tejas it's easy to detect missile firing and missile lock far longer than the missile range because the awac or fire control radar transmission mod changes, the missiles on board radar only get activated in terminal phase like 20km or less which considered as Pitbull mod, even with low interception probability radars like aesa emissions can be dtecetd by modern rwr or maws, so instead of d1ck measuring contest contribute something new to forum and build knowledge instead bening low life trolls

All weapons have deficiencies, there is no perfect weapon, and not only PAF would want an underpowered radar no air force

I disagree.

No professional AF plans a mismatch like this. If it was possible PAF would have gone for a radar as capable or more capable than the onboard missiles. This would ensure a little future proofing too. You can’t keep integrating a new radar whenever a newer missile is available.

Ummm? F16 block 50/52?

Its Radar range for aircraft is stated at 105km where as the missiles it can fire is the aim 120c7 which has a 130km range?

It's all science fiction from people like that boy you're discussing with.

There is no way to exploit the full capability of a missile that has a range greater than the tracking range of the radar on the fighter.

It is the reason that MBDA refused to integrate the Meteor on the IAF's Mirage-2000I, saying that the RDY3 radar is not capable of guiding the Meteor to it's full range.

Even for the Gripen C/D this is a problem with the Meteor. Only now, with the Raven ES/05-A AESA on the Gripen E, do they believe that the full range of the Meteor can be exploited.
Ummm? F16 block 50/52?

Its Radar range for aircraft is stated at 105km where as the missiles it can fire is the aim 120c7 which has a 130km range?

So it can't be fired at targets that are beyond 105 km. That's it.

how childish can one be to keep arguing about firing missiles to ranges which the radar cannot even detect targets at !

So it can't be fired at targets that are beyond 105 km. That's it.

how childish can one be to keep arguing about firing missiles to ranges which the radar cannot even detect targets at !

So you telling me an awacs is unable to locate a bogey for the f16 Blk50/52 and the f16 pilot is unable to fire an AMRAAM c7 at the location of the bogey from say 120km away? Just because the radar is 105km detection range doesn't mean the missile is limited to said range.

The AMRAAM is a ARH missile. It has its own radar which gives it the fire and forget capability. Not to mention how the radar itself can guide it upto say 105km then the missiles radar will guide onto the bogey for the next 15km.

That's how it works for the AMRAAM and that's how it works for the pl15.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom