What's new

Indian BJP/RSS - Make fair-skinned babies :)

Mam,

I have participated on Indian forums. And spoken much as I do here.

No surprise that I have not lasted long there.

You sanghis are poisoning the public discourse in India. And there is really no place for an Indian Muslim to speak as an Indian without being called names and abused, without our Prophet (PBUH) being abused by the vilest words, and without our loyalty questioned and us being asked to move to Pakistan.

Adil
:cry::cry::cry:

Come back soon bro

Let's not pretend its just 'them' ... We have a similar way of doing the same here in Pakistan, where ESPECIALLY the girls are chosen or left alone based on their skin tones. Bleaching one's skin and use of skin fairness creams and procedures are encouraged etc.

We don't go out and say it ... but we do the exact same thing ... albeit a little indirectly.

Perhaps, but with us there is still a limit.
I don't see any Pakistani group engaging its people to systematically produce 'fair babies'.
That doesn't even make any sense.

Let's not pretend its just 'them' ... We have a similar way of doing the same here in Pakistan, where ESPECIALLY the girls are chosen or left alone based on their skin tones. Bleaching one's skin and use of skin fairness creams and procedures are encouraged etc.

We don't go out and say it ... but we do the exact same thing ... albeit a little indirectly.
I think its not fair to discuss this in context with just south-asia.
Look at the bigger picture girls around the world are ready to go under the knife so that they look attractive.
Now trying to look attractive is not wrong, but we as a society must prevent young girls from falling prey to the notion that looking attractive is only thing expected out of a girl.

Mam,

Unlike the poor Pakistanis here, some of them really young in years but having big responsibility thrust on their young shoulders, you forget that we Indian Muslims live among you.

We know you inside out. We monitor you. And we are there on your sanghi Whatsapp groups and Twitter and Facebook pretending to be sanghis.

You are fooling no one mam. You come on a Pakistani forum and act like you are their friend?

While planning on how to butcher Muslims back home?

You are a hypocrite mam. And you insult your welcome here.

The older folk here see right through you. And your sanghi "reasonable/cheery/friendly" gang here.

Adil.

buddy that is your most insightful post yet, kudos for understanding the hindutva brigade

Indians are dark

you could feed their pregnant women a tub of fair and lovely and they would still have dark babies

this is all part of their delusions

Perhaps, but with us there is still a limit.
I don't see any Pakistani group engaging its people to systematically produce 'fair babies'.
That doesn't even make any sense.
Just because 'we don't say it' ... doesn't mean we don't 'practice it'. If you've ever heard stories about or been in what we call "larka/larki deekhnai ana" for the purpose of marriage, in terms of looks the guy better be tall and the girl better be fair. What do you think we're doing when we have such preconceived ideas of how the spouses of our children should look like? We're indirectly dictating as to what our future generation will look like and ofcourse we don't come out and say it ... but we're doing it, as a society regardless of whether we choose to say it or not ...

This is quite alarming and biologically speaking not possible. They should probably do some research on skin cancer and its causes.

Humans are prone to preferences but that is a personal matter.

Decades of colonization and the way British culture was shoved down our throats in the sub continent no wonder it has led us here.

Basically they conquerors rewrote our faith, culture and history through their own evangelical understanding and reasoning. No wonder they still cannot carbon date the MohenJo Daro or Harrappa and the Dholavira. It is sad that the our Hindi neighbors suffered more because according to the British the Vedic scriptures are fairly new.

It is this racist behavior which led the South to be completely forgotten and ignored but now they face an even more dangerous threat under this extremist ideology of the BJP.

And the obsession of South Asians with fair skin and features continues, why though? It doesn't give one an evolutionary edge in a South Asian environment?

It's because the light skinned ones have been given preferential treatment or side comments have always been passed on how cute, good looking etc the light skinned siblings are/were.

It's society that raises people this way. Just like how I know many English folks who have been raised in a way that being tanned orange/light brown colour is more attractive and desirable.

Try to understand the British colonial historical context. Whiteness has been instilled in these people. You can't just erase it.

Gore gore mukhre pe kala chashma weyse nahin kehte. Yeh haqiqat me ghulami zehniyat he.

To sum it up in a nutshell, we are dealing with extremely sick people here. There is no cure for self pity.

But how much darker can they go before you start seeing them as less attractive?
If they were as dark as the darkest African, would you still find them as attractive?
I think you are trying to be politically correct here to be honest

Agreed on the Nazi part. There is no excuse for any discrimination based on skin colour

Not really, the girl just wishes she was born with more melanin inside her. It does not mean that she is ashamed to be white.

Stop the nonsense. The society makes the girl believe that she is less attractive because she is dark. The society is sick and needs serious retrospect. It is a wrong notion to generalize by claiming that white or fairer people are more attractive to non-white or darker people. That is just plain BS.

The fact that you are giving preference to white over a dark skin is enough proof. That's your personal choice and if you feel attracted to whiteness so be it. Just don't pressure others to think in a similar fashion. Being white or fair-skinned doesn't equate to more beauty. That's merely your personal preference.

Just because 'we don't say it' ... doesn't mean we don't 'practice it'. If you've ever heard stories about or been in what we call "larka/larki deekhnai ana" for the purpose of marriage, in terms of looks the guy better be tall and the girl better be fair. What do you think we're doing when we have such preconceived ideas of how the spouses of our children should look like? We're indirectly dictating as to what our future generation will look like and ofcourse we don't come out and say it ... but we're doing it, as a society regardless of whether we choose to say it or not ...
just tell me one thing mate are we not allowed to chose our partner according to our will in Islam.or is is it ethically immoral now to have a preference.i mean if a girl or boy don't like certain feature then who are we to force or even influence there choice in any way. do you think name calling them or saying things like you still are a colonial slave is right.
its there life its there choice who are we to say anything.

just tell me one thing mate are we not allowed to chose our partner according to our will in Islam.or is is it ethically immoral now to have a preference.i mean if a girl or boy don't like certain feature then who are we to force or even influence there choice in any way. do you think name calling them or saying things like you still are a colonial slave is right.

Stop justifying the wrongs in our society. When you even utter the word "Islam", also take into account that Islam doesn't differentiate and discriminate between any color. We do. We like to act and pretend like we know Islam inside out. The reality is that we haven't even scratched the surface. We haven't understood the basics, let alone other stuff. No one is arguing about personal preference here. Marry white, black or any other color. Preference is something entirely different to calling dark less attractive than white. These are two separate matters. Just don't force others to have fairer babies or other nonsense. What a sick and perverted mind can even come up with such an ugly thought.

Last edited:
I think its not fair to discuss this in context with just south-asia.
Look at the bigger picture girls around the world are ready to go under the knife so that they look attractive.
Now trying to look attractive is not wrong, but we as a society must prevent young girls from falling prey to the notion that looking attractive is only thing expected out of a girl.
Well the 'fairness' thing is ... cuz it seems that we're ESPECIALLY prone to it. But then again, I'm also aware of African Americans preferring "light skinned black girls".

Coming to the bigger picture ... well speaking from a marketing perspective, this situation isn't going to change anytime soon. What's on stake for these businesses is profit and the whole 'beauty industry' goes from lingerie (victoria's secret etc.) all the way to the operation theater (different types of augmentations). While beauty is very subjective, but it is usually defined by people who have a vested interest in it i.e. profit using a huge marketing effort. So like it or not, beauty standards for girls will be defined by the Candice swanepoel's, Lily Aldridge's, Karlie Kloss's, Adriana Lima's, Doutzen Kroes's of the world. It's a sad reality but it is the reality.

Try to understand the British colonial historical context. Whiteness has been instilled in these people. You can't just erase it.
It has got little to do with colonialism.

Genotype-Phenotype Study of the Middle Gangetic Plain in India Shows Association of rs2470102 with Skin Pigmentation

"Taken together, our findings suggest that the social structure defined by the caste system in India has a profound influence on the skin pigmentation patterns of the subcontinent. In particular, social category and associated SNPs explain about 32% and 6.4%, respectively, of the total phenotypic variance."

http://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(16)32648-3/abstract

It has got little to do with colonialism.

Genotype-Phenotype Study of the Middle Gangetic Plain in India Shows Association of rs2470102 with Skin Pigmentation

"Taken together, our findings suggest that the social structure defined by the caste system in India has a profound influence on the skin pigmentation patterns of the subcontinent. In particular, social category and associated SNPs explain about 32% and 6.4%, respectively, of the total phenotypic variance."

http://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(16)32648-3/abstract

It is many things including remnants of the colonial era, caste system etc. and we are also guilty of the same sin. It is the truth.

I think even the whales have a better screening process when it comes to mating. Humans tend to either over-complicate things or over simplify things. And Marriage is overrated in our society to begin with.

And yes Islam allows you to cater your preferences as long as those preferences do not disrespect/hurt anyone else.

But I think he was just trying to make a point where/how this particular mindset evolved. Although one might argue that this is not just a British thing since sub continent had a fairly well designed caste system which basically postulated the same behavioral tendencies.

Back
Top Bottom