What's new

Indian BJP/RSS - Make fair-skinned babies :)

Another Aryan invasion impending from the North :guns::guns::guns:Stay safe Dravidians :ph34r:

Preference is something entirely different to calling dark less attractive than white.
And yes Islam allows you to cater your preferences as long as those preferences do not disrespect/hurt anyone else.
Guys I didn't supported disrespecting or shaming of a dark skinned person.
What i was saying is.is it wrong to have a preference now should I marry the first girl I found.

It's present all over the world

Preference is present all over the world and there is nothing wrong about it. It is abnormal to pressure society to have fairer, taller babies because it is "deemed" more attractive in some perverted minds. It is wrong to call dark less attractive than white. It is plain racism. This is what is happening in our part of the world and we shouldn't condone it under the garb of preference.

by the caste system in India has a profound influence on the skin pigmentation patterns of the subcontinent.
This may or may not be true.
I agree that ppl who belonged to lower castes were the ones working under the harsh sun but if you look at it in the south Indian context, the skin tone is generally brown. So i dont think this logic works under such circumstances.
Plus even in north India we have had ppl like Lord Krishna who were supposed to be from higher caste yet very dark, despite that Krishna managed a lot of followers

just tell me one thing mate are we not allowed to chose our partner according to our will in Islam.or is is it ethically immoral now to have a preference.i mean if a girl or boy don't like certain feature then who are we to force or even influence there choice in any way. do you think name calling them or saying things like you still are a colonial slave is right.
its there life its there choice who are we to say anything.
I concur.

But prolly the others were pointing that such preferences were a result of a certain mentality that we as a society suffer from.

This may or may not be true.
I agree that ppl who belonged to lower castes were the ones working under the harsh sun but if you look at it in the south Indian context, the skin tone is generally brown. So i dont think this logic works under such circumstances.
Plus even in north India we have had ppl like Lord Krishna who were supposed to be from higher caste yet very dark, despite that Krishna managed a lot of followers
It's an academic paper from the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, based on a SNP/marker for comparatively lighter skin, nothing to do with working out in the sun. Working out in the sun wont change your genetics or even your features.
With regards to Krishna etc., you just need to read your Vedas or Manusmriti to see the point i'm making

Perhaps, but with us there is still a limit.
I don't see any Pakistani group engaging its people to systematically produce 'fair babies'.
That doesn't even make any sense.

India is quite extreme in this regard. You know things are bad when you have members of a nationalistic political party shouting such obscene racist garbage in the open. Although in all fairness, we have partly inherited this problem. Obviously not as problematic as India, but we must work to eradicate this nonsense completely. This is outdated thinking which defies all norms.

Guys didn't supported disrespecting or shaming of a dark skinned person.
What i was saying is.is it wrong to have a preference now should I marry the first girl I found.

I know what you meant. No need to go on the defensive.

Preferences comes under your 'Free Will' and that has nothing to do with Free Willy lol.

Do what you think will make your life easier. Choosing a life partner is your fundamental right. Its a covenant between God, woman and the man, with God being the witness/judge/prosecutor in your affairs with each other.

I know what you meant. No need to go on the defensive.

Preferences comes under your 'Free Will' and that has nothing to do with Free Willy lol.

Do what you think will make your life easier. Choosing a life partner is your fundamental right. Its a covenant between God, woman and the man, with God being the witness/judge/prosecutor in your affairs with each other.
so why is there so much hostility in our society about a thing which is our basic right under Islam.
if some people has a preference for tall guys or fair skinned girls why are they criticized for it.

so why is there so much hostility in our society about a thing which is our basic right under Islam.
if some people has a preference for tall guys or fair skinned girls why are they criticized for it.

I wouldn't term it as hostile that would be a bit too harsh honestly. Although there is undue pressure on the young generations to get this(marriage) over with. This is the way it has always been in our society and please do not ask why because that is a never ending debate as to why. Just understand the phenomenon as social pressure or way of life(peer pressure) which is sadly the same thing in sub continent.

But more or less these preferences are usually catered to when it gets serious, generally.

It is a tragedy that people have to fight or cry for exercising their fundamental rights. The problem however has multiple tentacles which i would rather not disclose here, but recent hike in honor killings are a good hint.

just tell me one thing mate are we not allowed to chose our partner according to our will in Islam.or is is it ethically immoral now to have a preference.i mean if a girl or boy don't like certain feature then who are we to force or even influence there choice in any way. do you think name calling them or saying things like you still are a colonial slave is right.
its there life its there choice who are we to say anything.

I'm not talking about a specific person, I'm talking about the entire society as a whole. My preference is someone who has bigger than average eyes, but does that mean that anyone with eyes that are average or below the average size is ugly? I like normal looking girls with a little meat on their bones, but does that mean that skinny girls are unattractive? Does that mean that I go mid marriage negotiations ... "Well ... She's very intelligent, respectful, has great facial and physical structure but ... I don't like her eyes .. so I don't see how this can work out ..."Petty isn't it, especially considering for every physical 'flaw' you can point in one person, the other person can come up with five.

But when it comes to darker skin color, THAT is an automatic disqualification even if an individual has great facial and physical features (which btw should themselves come in secondary to the personality, intelligence and acceptance of a person). Like I said, kids in our culture who have no idea of what colors are pick on kids who are darker, so tell me ... what does that say about us as a society? Where do kids learn that from? It's because the dad was picking on the gardener with a darker skin tone "Oi kalai kaam to sahi kia kar!" .. The fact of the matter is ... a perfectly normal skin color (dark) is an insult .. and that doesn't 'JUST HAPPEN' outta nowhere ... it needs to be nurtured to the point where everyone believes it's just a "preference" but we all know in our hearts of hearts that it's more than just a "preference"... I'm loosing count as to how many times I've posted this video on similar topics but here it is again ...

So ...yeah .. preferences are fine ... but there is a difference between preference and prejudice.

Lemme ask you this .. if someone interested approached your house for a marriage negotiation .. how would you like it if they came up with an attractiveness scale, where if your not 6 feet tall, have a chiseled jaw line, have a BMI of an athlete, a wallet the size of Bill Gates and you meet more or less all the criterion but your ear are a bit longer ...and the girl/ her family doesn't like that ... and go on your face "Your intelligent, competent, good looking and no doubt you can take care of anyone financially etc. but you see I'm not attracted to people with longer lobes on their ears so I'll have to say no to you..." ... Preferences right? :D :D

Last edited:
Lemme ask you this .. if someone interested approached your house for a marriage negotiation .. how would you like it if they came up with an attractiveness scale, where if your not 6 feet tall, have a chiseled jaw line, have a BMI of an athlete, a wallet the size of Bill Gates and you meet more or less all the criterion but your ear are a bit longer ...and the girl/ her family doesn't like that ... and go on your face "Your intelligent, competent, good looking and no doubt you can take care of anyone financially etc. but you see I'm not attracted to people with longer lobes on their ears so I'll have to say no to you..." ... Preferences right? :D :D
if they want a guy like that who am i to stop them and neither i will judge them for their preference if my ear lobes are the deal breaker then so be it i don't mind .but saying this to my face and degrading me in my own house is what i too am against. you don't like the guy/girl just politely reject the proposal no need to go gordon ramsay on them. mate read my other posts i am against any kind of hate, degradation or color shamming.but i also support everyone's right to have their own preference
Like I said, kids in our culture who have no idea of what colors are pick on kids who are darker, so tell me ... what does that say about us as a society? Where do kids learn that from? It's because the dad was picking on the gardener with a darker skin tone "Oi kalai kaam to sahi kia kar!" ..
thats not preference it is pure racism

if they want a guy like that who am i to stop them and neither i will judge them for their preference if my ear lobes are the deal breaker then so be it i don't mind .but saying this to my face and degrading me in my own house is what i too am against. you don't like the guy/girl just politely reject the proposal no need to go gordon ramsay on them. mate read my other posts i am against any kind of hate, degradation or color shamming.but i also support everyone's right to have their own preference. thats not preference it is pure racism
Alrighty ... I've no problem with you having "preferences" ..... Although there is much to be said about unreal preferences, but thats another topic for another time. Like I said when preferences become prejudices, thats where one should draw the line. We're living in a society (applies to the whole of subcontinent actually) where a 3 year old and a 70 year old have the same thought process about a normal and natural human feature. Heck the word "Kala" is an insult and the word "Gora" is a compliment ... So it's not as easy to shove this under the rug of "preferences" when you are literally nurtured in to having such preferences.

Secondly, again, I respect you having your preferences, but lemme be blunt for a moment. After both the boy and the girl have married based on every little detailed preference of theirs ... In 5 years time, if your the average couple, she would have atleast one baby. What do you do about stretch marks? what do you do about the additional weight gain because of pregnancy. Now that the honeymoon period is gone, and because of additional responsibilities, you don't work out as much and she can't give you the attention that you once had... Are you going to go ... 'well she now doesn't fulfill my checklist of preferences ... time for a divorce?' Reasonable preferences are fine, which facilitate your relationship ... but preferences in which the girl must have lighter skin than this shade, should be ATLEAST 5'6", should be just 45-50 Kilos, should have the face of Angelina Jolie and the body of Kate Upton ... such preferences can go to hell where they belong ... :P

If you want to ask what are reasonable preferences, well ideally people should have preferences which are more about what's in your mind, your personality, how you treat people around you, your intelligence, your opinions, your openness to accept people as they are ... Thats what helps you go through the tough times ... not the looks of your partner which btw are already on a timer because after 27 it's already started to go downhill ...

Last edited:
@mods Please change the thread to something like ' Marriage - The modern dilemma ' because this thread although falsely placed has moved on from BJP.

Arguments for the sake of arguments.

Back
Top Bottom