What's new

Indian Army: Shameful Caste Discrimination

So you too think it is just normal that an Army not only practices caste system by recruiting along those lines but also calls it propaganda when pointed out. Great logic as always. Nicely summed up by @Joe Shearer indeed.

LOL.

You are only putting big red lights around your own ignorance. This was what was practised. By the British. Currently, we have regional focus.

These are some of the regiments of the Indian Army:
Assam
Bihar
(I forgot the Dogra Regiment)
Garhwal
Jat
J&K Rifles
Kumaon
Madras
Mahar
Maratha LI
Naga
Punjab
Rajasthan
Rajput
Sikh
Sikh LI

I have left out one or two of the J. J. Singh regiments.

Which of these, except one, is a caste name, and which of these is caste-based?

×÷Aryan race supremacy is being practiced and considered as the very foundation of every day life in a so called self proclaimed "equal opportunity", Secular State.
What blatant hypocrisy!

That's why I say that what is considered shameful in the rest of the world is just considered normal practice in Mighty Aryan Indian Army.

No wonder we see atrocities against humanity as a regular occurrence in Indian Occupied Kashmir.

View attachment 423393

Last edited:
You need to brush up on your knowledge of Pakistan politics and its social media dynamics, I hope you do catch up. Stay updated man, world is moving fast.

But isn't what you are doing like comparing apples and oranges - Indian Army - Politics - Pakistani Politics...

Do reply with some thought behind your post or you risk being considered none the wiser :azn:.

Try and stay on topic though.:enjoy:

Well your question was whether Whatsapp or other social medium is worth for such tasks

Are you actually serious that this whatsapp thingy is even worth its equvalent of a joke existance.

To which i replied we Indians are successfully using social Media platforms to address our issues so why not the army try use the same mechanism to address the issue of the solider . if you cant understand such basic comments you need to catch up fast man :enjoy:

First the spelling is Caste, not Cast which means movie appearances which seems to be good in this case.

Second that guy is an Yadav who are in no way discriminated. North India is politically filled with Yadavs who shamefully attest their caste names as their second names and they are among the ones (Not everyone) involved in discrimination of lower castes though they themselves are OBC.

Mulayam Singh yadav, Lalu Prasad Yadav, Akilesh Yadav just to name a few.

U Forgot Kalbhushan Yadav;)

The astonishing fact is that Indian Army in this day and age, admits itself that certain regiments are still recruited on caste. To this day some Indian Army regiments are composed and organised on caste classification lines.
Not just army , its quite evident in daily life in India. Its going to take a long time before Indian society comes out of its grip.

LOL.

You are only putting big red lights around your own ignorance. This was what was practised. By the British. Currently, we have regional focus.

These are some of the regiments of the Indian Army:
Assam
Bihar
Garhwal
Jat
J&K Rifles
Kumaon
Madras
Mahar
Maratha LI
Naga
Punjab
Rajasthan
Rajput
Sikh
Sikh LI

I have left out one or two of the J. J. Singh regiments.

Which of these, except one, is a caste name, and which of these is caste-based?

Thank you for your help in explaining that it is not in the names.

How recruitment is done along caste lines in few elite regiments is the detail you are either deliberately overlooking or are innocently oblivious of the facts about your own discriminate brave and mighty Aryan Army.

It is a known fact that post British rule, after independence Indian Army has normally practiced recruitment along caste lines as stated above in few regiments with an argument that the rest of the regiments are fair game without any caste discrimination.

we Indians are successfully using social Media platforms to address our issues so why not the army try

And I really thought you knew the different dynamics and uses of Twitter vs Whatsapp...:rofl:...my bad:rofl: please do continue...

we Indians :blah:
Wait, wait wait. Lets revisit what you stated above, hahaha, I don't even want to go into what type of syndrome has made you write such naivety.

Thank you for your help in explaining that it is not in the names.

How recruitment is done along caste lines in few elite regiments is the detail you are either deliberately overlooking or are innocently oblivious of the facts about your own discriminate brave and mighty Aryan Army.

It is a known fact that post British rule, after independence Indian Army has normally practiced recruitment along caste lines as stated above in few regiments with an argument that the rest of the regiments are fair game without any caste discrimination.

I asked you to figure out the names, and did not wish to rub your face in the erroneous conclusions that you had come to out of kindness, but you seem to have taken it as a weakness in the argument. Your funeral.

Your 'known fact' is pure crap; which regiments have practised caste-wise recruitment? Name the regiment, or regiments (except the one that I mentioned already, where, too, the old rules have been cast aside).

Could you then guess what castes are recruited into the Assam Regiment? Or even what ethnicities? Or what castes go into the Bihar Regiment? Should we go through it regiment by regiment before it dawns on you that you really do not know, that you are speculating and that none of what you presume exists. There are three regiments that are based on Punjabis, the Punjab, the Sikh and the Sikh Light Infantry; any guesses about these?

Taking it the other way around, any idea where Bengalis are usually placed, irrespective of their caste? Or Telugus? Or Jharkhandis? Are they segregated by caste?

Perhaps you made the statement that you did after mistaking ethnicity with caste; it is true that Punjabis tend to turn up in the three regiments I mentioned, and none else, although there are Punjabis in other non-infantry regiments as well, or that Dogras naturally join the Dogra Regiment, or that people from Uttaranchal have two regiments to host them. Even among the Gurkhas, whom I did not mention, 11 GR, the post-British regiment, has Limbus and Rais from eastern Nepal and the Darjeeling district, and Sikkimese Nepalese; the other six have their own traditional tribes, from among the Gurung, the Magar, the Thapa and, of course, the Chhetris. But you wouldn't know anything about these, obviously, being content to substitute any knowledge by smileys and frequent loud laughs.

You have been a member since 2007, a year more than I have; presumably, you know by now that my statements are always very carefully phrased and are based on authentic information. If you do not, then you have been merely loitering with intent on the forum. Your message count is low; with this kind of attitude of unwillingness to acknowledge your lack of information or knowledge, that is to be considered a blessing to the rest of us.

Please get informed and rejoin the conversation.

And I really thought you knew the different dynamics and uses of Twitter vs Whatsapp...:rofl:...my bad:rofl: please do continue...

Wait, wait wait. Lets revisit what you stated above, hahaha, I don't even want to go into what type of syndrome has made you write such naivety.

Last edited:
What now? Yadav face discrimination? :o:

If you throw a stone in Bihar - UP, most probably it will land on a Yadav. :lol:

I asked you to figure out the names, and did not wish to rub your face in the erroneous conclusions that you had come to out of kindness, but you seem to have taken it as a weakness in the argument. Your funeral.

Your 'known fact' is pure crap; which regiments have practised caste-wise recruitment? Name the regiment, or regiments (except the one that I mentioned already, where, too, the old rules have been cast aside).

Could you then guess what castes are recruited into the Assam Regiment? Or even what ethnicities? Or what castes go into the Bihar Regiment? Should we go through it regiment by regiment before it dawns on you that you really do not know, that you are speculating and that none of what you presume exists. There are three regiments that are based on Punjabis, the Punjab, the Sikh and the Sikh Light Infantry; any guesses about these?

You have been a member since 2007, a year more than I have; presumably, you know by now that my statements are always very carefully phrased and are based on authentic information. If you do not, then you have been merely loitering with intent on the forum. Your message count is low; with this kind of attitude of unwillingness to acknowledge your lack of information or knowledge, that is to be considered a blessing to the rest of us.

Please get informed and rejoin the conversation.

Ok, let's start with where you began to cover your tracks:

Where, too, the old rules have been cast aside...

You guys blame the British for the caste system in British India Army regiments before independence and that's what I pointed out, that Indian Army did widely practice caste based recruitment post British rule too unroll recently by admission of your own...for whatever the length of time but it did. Should we be so naive as to believe that a system followed for such a length of time has suddenly disappeared just because Indian Army claims it has left behind its (traditional) practice.

Regiments like Maratha Regiment, Rajasthan Rifles, Dogra Regiment and Jat Regiment were all recruited on caste or religion or region basis. When, if ever, were these practices abandoned, the very fact that it did existed Mr. @Joe Shearer.

Stop defending caste discrimination.

Who decided when to move away from that practice or did they really move away from it at all or its a cover up, is all Indian Army's claim. A claim not accepted by the lower caste and OBC soldiers who are openly raising their voices.

Don't accept your own soldiers claims against caste discriminating Officers of mighty Aryan Indian Army who's racially supremacist upbringing, selection and recruitment has engrained certain abhorrent behaviours in their minds.

Go find some sorry excuses to hide your shameful practices behind suits and ties and nicely pressed uniforms to appear all civilized against your Ethnic cleansing excuse for an occupation forces Raping the land of the innocent Kashmiri people who's grit has been proven by the test of time under the most brutal, racist occupation and yet they show defiance against all odds.

The British knew your reality, so did we as your rulers for hundred of years. Who are you trying to fool other than yourself?

And stop defending caste discrimination in this day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most amusing part of this whole totally unnecessary discussion is that it concerns a Yadav. They are notorious for using their caste to pull themselves up, and for grouping together closely against all others. What happened in the UP under that creep, Mulayam Singh Yadav, and his totally frustrated progress-seeking son should serve as a caution. As usual, our Pakistani friends have taken a malcontent venting his annoyance at his usual casteist tactics obviously having failed as a symptom of a general malaise. Sorry, boys, wrong tree; get your reading done first, please.

Incidentally, @Shane, in your encyclopaedic information about caste and the Indian Army, you forgot to add the useful titbit that it was Mulayam Singh Yadav, while Defence Minister, who sought to raise a Yadav Regiment, and was asked to piss off by the generals. Ironic, what?

The most amusing part of this whole totally unnecessary discussion is that it concerns a Yadav. They are notorious for using their caste to pull themselves up, and for grouping together closely against all others. What happened in the UP under that creep, Mulayam Singh Yadav, and his totally frustrated progress-seeking son should serve as a caution. As usual, our Pakistani friends have taken a malcontent venting his annoyance at his usual casteist tactics obviously having failed as a symptom of a general malaise. Sorry, boys, wrong tree; get your reading done first, please.

Incidentally, @Shane, in your encyclopaedic information about caste and the Indian Army, you forgot to add the useful titbit that it was Mulayam Singh Yadav, while Defence Minister, who sought to raise a Yadav Regiment, and was asked to piss off by the generals. Ironic, what?

So many words, yet so little meaning. Like I said, stop defending discrimination. Behind all that bull, that's what you are doing here.

Black may be but not tribal, he was raised by Villagers.

Yadav/Ahirs are indigenous tribals racially like 90% of Indians but 90% of Indians are not counted as dalits. Because these categories don't make much sense to begin with. What we know is that Yadav are of non-aryan extraction and face discrimination from Brahmin officers for that reason.

Today Yadavas have banded together for political/quota reasons because of their huge population and have invented their aryan overlords gods origins but that's beside the point.

Ok, let's start with where you began to cover your tracks:

Where, too, the old rules have been cast aside...

You guys blame the British for the caste system in British India Army regiments before independence and that's what I pointed out, that Indian Army did widely practice caste based recruitment post British rule too unroll recently by admission of your own...for whatever the length of time but it did. Should we be so naive as to believe that a system followed for such a length of time has suddenly disappeared just because Indian Army claims it has left behind its (traditional) practice.

Not suddenly; systematically. It takes time to reform an entire Army of several hundred thousand men and women.

Regiments like Maratha Regiment, Rajasthan Rifles, Dogra Regiment and Jat Regiment were all recruited on caste or religion or region basis. When, if ever, were these practices abandoned, the very fact that it did existed, is a splash of cow juice on your face Mr. @Joe Shearer.

Of course they were, and are recruited on a regional basis. So are Pakistani regiments. What splashes are indicated there?

Who's funeral is this, mine or a sorry @r$ed Aryan supremacist sympathizer in disguise like yourself.

There is nothing called an Aryan in terms of ethnicity; Aryan is a language group, not a race. In Sanskrit, it means noble one; it is the same in Iranian.

Stop defending caste discrimination.

Heh. Where did I do that, pray?

Who decided when to move away from that practice or did they really move away from it at all or its a cover up, is all Indian Army's claim. A claim not accepted by the lower caste and OBC soldiers who are openly raising their voices.

It's hardly a claim when the facts are out in the open. There is NO caste-based recruitment. And incidentally, O wise one, if there are lower caste and OBC soldiers, that kind of torpedoes your basic case, doesn't it? Or hadn't you noticed?

Don't accept your own soldiers claims against caste discriminating Officers of mighty Aryan Indian Army who's racially supremacist upbringing, selection and recruitment has engrained certain abhorrent behaviours in their minds, it suits your sorry @r$e of a pathetic Aryan Supremacy bigot existence.

If you had the learning and the information, you could have looked through the officers' lists of the Army, regiment by regiment, and seen for yourself the even distribution of 'castes', if you can make that out at all, except that Sikhs and Punjabi Hindus are very largely predominant among the officers. The latest information is that Haryana has overtaken the Punjab, and that is how it ought to be, as there are the most number of families with a military service history in those states.

Go find some sorry @r$e excuses to hide your shameful practices behind suits and ties and nicely pressed uniforms to appear all civilized against your Ethnic cleansing excuse for an occupation forces Raping the land of the innocent Kashmiri people who's grit has been proven by the test of time under the most brutal, racist occupation and yet they show defiance against all odds.

Oh, so now that you found nothing to say, and no facts to state, and only managed some insinuations, you fall back on Kashmir? Sad. Get some tutoring.

The British knew your reality, so did we as your rulers for hundred of years. Who are you trying to fool other than yourself?

The British actually created a different reality; from roughly around the 9th and 10th centuries, the established practice was for contractors to hire soldiers for a season of warfare and sell their services to the highest bidder. These contractors, who served as officers of their body of men, chose those who were close to them. These bodies might serve two opposite sides in two successive seasons.

The British stopped this, and in trying to ensure the faithfulness and loyalty of the troops, tried to group them according to caste.

In 1857, the whole edifice came crashing down. It was then that the British took up the Martial Races model.

Instead of bumbling around in a cloud of half-understood words, go read Agha Amin (a famous Aryan supremacist) and come back. At the moment, you are pretty poorly equipped for a discussion. Any discussion.

Forget about teaching me a lesson and go splash some cow cola over yourself. May be then you may realize what just happened to you.

Mmm, yes, very well-made point. In contrast to the rest of your note.

And stop defending caste discrimination in this day and age.

Actually, I didn't, as anyone who reads these exchanges will see for themselves. I just pointed out to you that caste no longer plays a role; now how does that get twisted in your mind as a defence of caste discrimination?

Not suddenly; systematically. It takes time to reform an entire Army of several hundred thousand men and women.

So now, suddenly, you are down to excuses.

So sorry I considered you worthy enough to engage in a meaningful argument.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom