What's new

Indian Army set to place order for 248 more arjun main battle tanks

Arjun uses an ARDE L52 main gun which is way stronger than the Rheinmetal L44.I did not know the British had developed a L52 main gun unless you can prove me wrong.
REGARDS....

As far i know the Rifled gun was devolped by Royal ordance from britain for economical reasons

''Armed with a 120 mm rifled gun, the Arjun is believed to be capable of firing APFSDS (Kinetic Energy) rounds, HE, HEAT, High Explosive Squash Head (HESH) rounds at the rate of 6-8 rounds per minute and the Israeli semi-active laser guided LAHAT missile. The LAHAT, developed in Israel, is a gun-launched missile and is designed to defeat both enemy armor and enemy combat helicopters. In addition, it is armed with a 12.7 mm AA machine gun and a 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun.[30] The Arjun can carry 39 rounds in special blast-proof canisters. The Arjun uses a manual loader and has a crewman to reload the gun''

The idea was never yours. Looks like its not that indigious after all....

I have to tell you everything from the start.Ok,IA uses 800 T55s and Vijayantas.Last year A.K.Antony told in parliament that IA would replace the 800 tanks with Arjuns.So atleast 800 Arjuns will be ordered in total.We don't need Arjuns in such huge numbers like T90.

As far i know your also making another 1000 T90 soo the T55 could also be replaced by the T90

We have to check whether the Arjun's weight can be reduced so that it can be deployed in North-East border... which is a vital important.. all the current heavy war machines can be placed on western border... it will be a steel wall ... but more importance is the North-East as well as in Kashmir...

^^^
As i earlier said that 1000 arjun should be inducted so as the first line of attack.....

We have to check whether the Arjun's weight can be reduced so that it can be deployed in North-East border... which is a vital important.. all the current heavy war machines can be placed on western border... it will be a steel wall ... but more importance is the North-East as well as in Kashmir...

Conventioal tanks can't be used in north east except the sikkim region where T72s are placed.But Arjuns should have no problem operating there,infact it will be more useful due to its ground pressure is even lower than the T 55.And IA wants light tanks of 20 tons to use in north east.They will not use conventional tanks there.
REGARDS....

As far i know the Rifled gun was devolped by Royal ordance from britain for economical reasons

''Armed with a 120 mm rifled gun, the Arjun is believed to be capable of firing APFSDS (Kinetic Energy) rounds, HE, HEAT, High Explosive Squash Head (HESH) rounds at the rate of 6-8 rounds per minute and the Israeli semi-active laser guided LAHAT missile. The LAHAT, developed in Israel, is a gun-launched missile and is designed to defeat both enemy armor and enemy combat helicopters. In addition, it is armed with a 12.7 mm AA machine gun and a 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun.[30] The Arjun can carry 39 rounds in special blast-proof canisters. The Arjun uses a manual loader and has a crewman to reload the gun''

The idea was never yours. Looks like its not that indigious after all....

The gun was developed by ARDE from scratch.It is of 52 calibre but the royal ordnance factory gun is 44 calibre.Only comonality between them is that both have rifled barrel.But that does not make the ARDE gun a copy of the british gun.The maximum mussel velocity of 1550 meter/sec,same as the rheinmetal L44.But the ARDE guns can achieve 1720 meter/sec at 640 mpa bore pressure,almost the same as the Rheinmetal L55's 1750 meter/sec.So,both are completely different from each other.

Wow what a great rifled barrel its made out of scratch. So that clearly shows that the Altay has an better barrel then the Arjun great point you have made

Wow what a great rifled barrel its made out of scratch. So that clearly shows that the Altay has an better barrel then the Arjun great point you have made

Yes it would be.... but.. where is the mighty Altay.. show me a picture.:azn:.. (not the colorful brochures and mockup from IDEF 2011).

Atleast we have developed it on our own,not like you that buy from other and claim indigenous.By the way,I told you the specs of the 'outdated' mk1 FSAPDS T rounds and a difference of 30 meter/sec is not a disadvantage atall.

Not believable until user trials are over :lazy:.......... IA had messed up user trials before and can do it now.....fingers crossed

Not believable until user trials are over :lazy:.......... IA had messed up user trials before and can do it now.....fingers crossed

Yeah,there was a time when the IA had even sabotaged the Arjuns and got caught in the black box installed in the tanks.But they are now totaly messed up in the armor section and the tanks are inferior to Pakistani tanks.So it is the army now who wants the Arjun mk2 inducted.
REGARDS....

Any source / link ?

You need a link for this!!!!Just take a look at the specs of the Pakistani tanks and then our.The T90S and T 72M1 are inferior to their Alkhalids and T 80UDs.Only the124 Arjun mk1s are better(read much much better)than Pakistan Army's tanks.Though now T 90Ms have started to roll out which have better armor and guns than the Alkhalids but their number is low and will take time to increase.
That was my point.
REGARDS....

You need a link for this!!!!Just take a look at the specs of the Pakistani tanks and then our.The T90S and T 72M1 are inferior to their Alkhalids and T 80UDs.Only the124 Arjun mk1s are better(read much much better)than Pakistan Army's tanks.Though now T 90Ms have started to roll out which have better armor and guns than the Alkhalids but their number is low and will take time to increase.
That was my point.
REGARDS....

You are comparing the wrong class of tanks.

Arjun Mk1 vs Al-Khalid Blk1
T90S vs T80UD
T72 vs Al-Zarrar

Now compare the armor.

Back
Top Bottom