What's new

Indian Army set to place order for 248 more arjun main battle tanks

I know and that's why I told.You can see T90S are inferior to Al khalids and there lies the problem.Pakistan has already developed the Al khalid I which are better than the Al khalids and T 90S can't stand against them(though the recent M variants are better).But pakistanis are already developing the heavier Al khalid II which will be better than T90M.They will become the backbone of pak army,hence will be produced in far larger numbers.So we will need more Arjun mk2 tanks to crush them and fortunately both MoD and IA has started the proces.
REGARDS....

Dont post stuff on your own whim and fancy ...

95883102.jpg

Interesting read regd Arjun Mk II :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/95660-arjun-mark-ii-israeli-view-must-read.html

Problem is that currently IA is using T 90S in larger numbers.Now you can check yourself the specs of T90S and Al khalids.You can bash me how much you want but reality will never change and it's that T90S is inferior to Al khalid and Alkhalid I.Though with the induction of T90M and Arjun mk1 IA has got better tanks.

Yes, this guy is making statements out of thin air..

Bro,I am not making anything from thin air.Just compare the specs of T90'S' and Alkhalid.You will get your answer.And the T90S is a downgraded tank and was never one of the best.Even russians don't use them.And lastly you are a new member just like me,we both need to know more.But sorry to say,I am right atleast in this matter.Bash me if you want,I won't mind but please research yourself.
REGARDS....

Dont post stuff on your own whim and fancy ...

95883102.jpg

Interesting read regd Arjun Mk II :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/95660-arjun-mark-ii-israeli-view-must-read.html

Oh good,and your source is an old post of an israely guy from another source.Man,it's you who is making wrogng claims.And I am surprised to see that when a member can't agree with you means he is bull shitting.I am just requesting to you guys to take a look at the Alkhalids and T90S not M.
REGARDS....

Problem is that currently IA is using T 90S in larger numbers.Now you can check yourself the specs of T90S and Al khalids.You can bash me how much you want but reality will never change and it's that T90S is inferior to Al khalid and Alkhalid I.Though with the induction of T90M and Arjun mk1 IA has got better tanks.

I might have fewer pots but that does not mean i am a new member and my intention was never to bash any member..
T-90S was developed to counter the shortcomings of T-80..Some of them are its engines and poor performance in urban combat..These deficiencies were rectified and T-90S survived amny direct hits from RPGs and still continued to work...

Dont go on the Specs available on the internet..They often mislead..

BTW Indian T-90s are more like Su-30MKI with inputs from France and Israel as well..( though you probably wont find it anywhere on internet )..
For Active Protection SAAB's LEDS has been selected and negotiations are ON..Even without this T-90s are the best in neighborhood and with LEDS, it will become invincible.. Thats why you see IA ordering T-90s because they have faith in the machine and its ultimately they who will use it..

However one thing is for sure- Arjun-II is in different class altogether..

^^ Study time :

Frontal armour estimations (RHAe) :

Al Khalid Turret: 645 Turret: 1060 (1160 w/ERA)
Glacis: 435-455 Glacis: 540 (670w/ERA)

T-72B Model 1988 / early T-90 (*) Turret: 420-750-920 Turret: 580-1050-1340
Glacis: 670-710 Glacis: 990-1070
Lower front hull: 240 Lower front hull: 380

* These figures include Kontakt-5 second-generation ERA. Russian estimates suggest T-72B Model 1988 with K-5 ERA turret protection is about 750mm vs KE. BTVT estimates T90 at 800-830 versus KE and 1150-1350 versus CE.

Tank Protection Levels

Oh good,and your source is an old post of an israely guy from another source.

Just wait and see ... pessimists like you do more harm than good ..and more talk than work.

Agreed !

^^ Study time :

Frontal armour estimations (RHAe) :

Al Khalid Turret: 645 Turret: 1060 (1160 w/ERA)
Glacis: 435-455 Glacis: 540 (670w/ERA)

T-72B Model 1988 / early T-90 (*) Turret: 420-750-920 Turret: 580-1050-1340
Glacis: 670-710 Glacis: 990-1070
Lower front hull: 240 Lower front hull: 380

* These figures include Kontakt-5 second-generation ERA. Russian estimates suggest T-72B Model 1988 with K-5 ERA turret protection is about 750mm vs KE. BTVT estimates T90 at 800-830 versus KE and 1150-1350 versus CE.

Tank Protection Levels

This is not a valid source man.Here Arjun's frontal armor is stated to be weaker than T72.Besides the armor thickness is most classified data for a tank.I don't know what our Arjun's armor thickness in RHA scale but I know the components used in Arjun mk1 armor.

^^ Sigh ! No use arguing with you , take care !

Better you compare the armor specs of Al Khalid vis-a-vis T-90S yourself .....

I know and that's why I told.You can see T90S are inferior to Al khalids and there lies the problem.Pakistan has already developed the Al khalid I which are better than the Al khalids and T 90S can't stand against them(though the recent M variants are better).But pakistanis are already developing the heavier Al khalid II which will be better than T90M.They will become the backbone of pak army,hence will be produced in far larger numbers.So we will need more Arjun mk2 tanks to crush them and fortunately both MoD and IA has started the proces.
REGARDS....

Do not talk rubbish.

T-90 is much better than Al Khalid I or II. It has better armour Kaktus explosive reactive armour, LEDS-150 active protection system, better electronics from France and Israel , better weapons like INVAR missile.

I might have fewer pots but that does not mean i am a new member and my intention was never to bash any member..
T-90S was developed to counter the shortcomings of T-80..Some of them are its engines and poor performance in urban combat..These deficiencies were rectified and T-90S survived amny direct hits from RPGs and still continued to work...

Dont go on the Specs available on the internet..They often mislead..

BTW Indian T-90s are more like Su-30MKI with inputs from France and Israel as well..( though you probably wont find it anywhere on internet )..
For Active Protection SAAB's LEDS has been selected and negotiations are ON..Even without this T-90s are the best in neighborhood and with LEDS, it will become invincible.. Thats why you see IA ordering T-90s because they have faith in the machine and its ultimately they who will use it..

I know and that's why I never compared T90S with T80.But how can you claim that even without the LEDS APS and an inferior engine T90S is better than Alkhalid and Alkhalid I which are equipped with a 1200 hp engine and Ukranian APS??Don't you think this coment was like a fanboy comment?
Ok,lets compare them.Both have same guns and armor(though T90S has edge due to Kontact 5)but Alkhalids can fire DU rounds.
Alkhalid has 1200 hp engine which gives it a deceisive edge over T90S in mobility.
Al khalid has passive defence system and Alkhalid I has both active and passive but till now T90S has none of them.
Alkhalid has autotracker but T90S does not.
Alkhalid has battlefield management system which is must in today's tank warfare but till now T90S does not have it.
The list goes on and on.So at present how T90S is better than Alkhalid and Alkhalid I??It will become superior with M upgrade but not now.
REGARDS....

I know and that's why I never compared T90S with T80.But how can you claim that even without the LEDS APS and an inferior engine T90S is better than Alkhalid and Alkhalid I which are equipped with a 1200 hp engine and Ukranian APS??Don't you think this coment was like a fanboy comment?
Which Ukrainian APS Al Khalid has? Stop dreaming.

Ok,lets compare them.Both have same guns and armor(though T90S has edge due to Kontact 5)but Alkhalids can fire DU rounds.
Now you are talking like fanboy. Where did you got that DU round staff?

Alkhalid has 1200 hp engine which gives it a deceisive edge over T90S in mobility.
Another fanboy comment. New T-90 has 1250 hp engine but but simple few hp does not give decisive edge. T-90 has far better suspension and transmission.

Al khalid has passive defence system and Alkhalid I has both active and passive but till now T90S has none of them.
Alkhalid has autotracker but T90S does not.
Alkhalid has battlefield management system which is must in today's tank warfare but till now T90S does not have it.

Rubbish. give some source. Having a LCD with a map does not mean battle management system.

The list goes on and on.So at present how T90S is better than Alkhalid and Alkhalid I??It will become superior with M upgrade but not now.
REGARDS....

T-90M upgrade will make it way better. It must be already with Indian Army.

^^ Sigh ! No use arguing with you , take care !

Better you compare the armor specs of Al Khalid vis-a-vis T-90S yourself .....

Man,did I ever talk anything about the armor?I never did.How could I when I don't know anything about their armor.It is the most classified info about a tank and armies usualy don't make them public.So I never compared their armor.It was you who came up with an unreliable source that claims T72 has better armor than Arjun.
You know?You are right that we two can't discuss anything because you are not worthy of it.
REGARDS....

Which Ukrainian APS Al Khalid has? Stop dreaming.

Now you are talking like fanboy. Where did you got that DU round staff?

Another fanboy comment. New T-90 has 1250 hp engine but but simple few hp does not give decisive edge. T-90 has far better suspension and transmission.

Rubbish. give some source. Having a LCD with a map does not mean battle management system.

T-90M upgrade will make it way better. It must be already with Indian Army.

Ok lets answer your questions.
1.I am not dreaming and alkhalid does not have it but Alkhalid I has it.It is the ukranian Varta-it is a version of russian Arena aps.
2.I am not a fanboy.They do have a DU round for Alkhalids and T80s.They call Naiza,can penetrate 600 mm rha at 2000 meter.
3.Nope.Al khalid does have a chinese BMS for hunter killer operations.It is a version of the T99 BMS.
4.Can't agree more.I tried to tell the same from the begining.
REGARDS....

Back
Top Bottom