What's new

Indian army $10-bn combat vehicle order!!!

No there is no problem with US selling us Stryker. I think you didn't understand what i meant. If IA purchases Stryker then it would be either via FMS or through General Dynamics. US won't let a foreign company to benefit when their is a chance its own companies can get the project (BAE system is also partner in Stryker which is a British company not US).

There is always some foreign element in US machines too. Even they use Rehinmetal guns for their tanks (Abrams). BAE being a partner wont be a problem if India selects stryker. Infact it was cleared for sale to Indian Army by FMS.

Here is the link....In war games, US pitches the Stryker to India - Rediff.com India News

$10 billion for vehicles? Holy crap! That's a lot!
Don't worry we will be spending around $20 billion on Future MBts (FMBT) which is a similar project like FICV and which will be carried on simultaneously to develop around 4000 Future MBTs. And around 10 billion $ on F-INSAS program which is modernization plan of infantry.

There is always some foreign element in US machines too. Even they use Rehinmetal guns for their tanks (Abrams). BAE being a partner wont be a problem if India selects stryker. Infact it was cleared for sale to Indian Army by FMS.
Man you still not getting my point. Stryker is not like Abrams that guns is from BAE. BAE is a big partner in Stryker (may be even 50:50). US have not allowed Israelis to sell aesa to India as it has american components because they wants American companies to win such contract so why would they let a british company to sell Stryker to India. FYI other than this route Stryker can't be sold to India as General dynamics has no tie-up in India and hence Styker can't be part of FICV. Other than FICV IA won't be purchasing any ICVs.
Let me put this bluntly. IA is not purchasing Stryker even though it is offered to us and even though they have once showed interest in them.
Don't worry we will get a good FICV unlike present BMPs.

Paramount Group

Mbombe+Optimised.jpg

LnT and Bharat Forge has tie-up with which companies ? Also ALL has tie-ups with both Paramount and KMW.

This looks like ABHAY a DRDO project. The new requirement is entirely different and is just out. We might have to wait quite a bit for any indications of vehicle design.

No I think ABHAY is quite different from BWP-2000 as well as the drawing shown before.

Abhay (23 tons. 550 hp, 3+7, 40mm cannon)
abhay-15rx.jpg

BWP-2000 (30 tons, 780 hp, 3+8, 76mm cannon)
bwp2000_01.jpg

We should encourage firms like Mahindra BAE, the technology from BAE is advance and can be produced in India. We should also come of stupidity of A.K Antony for zero corruption, we should remove Antony he is creating risk for India.

The BMP's are soft skinned deathtraps. They need to be replaced asap.

Since India needs IFVs for the desert, swamps (Raan of kutch), plains and mountains (China), perhaps this tender should be sped up. Have a competition today like the MMRCA, pick a winner in 1-2 years, and TOT it by 2015.

India would need at least 2-3000 of these vehicles. Waiting until 2018 for the first one to be inducted is ridiculous.

Czech OT-64, Serbian Lazar, Tatrapan from Slovakia are suitable for wheeled version which i think will comprise 1/2 of the 2600 ICV.

Lazar and Tatrapan are also considered Mine Protected Vehicles not APC's like the AMV, Piranha, SKOT.
We had a few SKOT's in service with the Army.I don't think so they are used now and are pretty old.

DSC01888.JPG

Animation of Mahindra's FICV Def Expo 2012

Mahindra is partner with BAE, that's why it looks like the Bradley.

fv71002-m3a2-bradley-450.jpg

Actually it looks more like this (the tracked version of BAEs SEP):

DSC6949.jpg

8687.jpg

Do you have more infos on this proposal of Mahindra and how the 8x8 will look like? I am highly interested in it!

Hopefully this MMRCA-like deal won't see MMRCA like delays..:tup:
Nice to see the domestic Players stepping up.....

Actually it looks more like this (the tracked version of BAEs SEP):

DSC6949.jpg

8687.jpg

Do you have more infos on this proposal of Mahindra and how the 8x8 will look like? I am highly interested in it!

Damn, Sancho, you're good at this!!:bow::bow:

As I said, I am really interested in the SEP and suggesting it for the replacement of older IFVs for years. Would love to see it in both versions and with many different modules. So if you get any new piece of info about this Mahindra proposal or the JV with BAE, please let me know about it!

Back
Top Bottom