What's new

Indian aircraft to keep an eye on Straits of Malacca

i hope they develop INS Baaz as fast as possible, it could be India's trump card in any engagement with china. basically if they do something that goes against our interest we cut off their supply routes. their own navy will be too busy counter balancing the navies of Japan, east Asian countries and the soon to arrive United states navy. as long as we have a couple of P8Is in the base we should be able keep the blockade going with out worrying about Chinese subs.

The base will not much have to do with China, rather than with anti piracy, or normal maritime patrol roles, controling the sea lanes. That's why Do 228 or naval UAVs are planned their and not ASW capabilities.

The base will not much have to do with China, rather than with anti piracy, or normal maritime patrol roles, controling the sea lanes. That's why Do 228 or naval UAVs are planned their and not ASW capabilities.

i hope that is just a cover story to veil the real intentions, hopefully.

Kalaikunda fighters in charge of Andaman and Nicobar Islands defences - The Times of India

IAF had operated MKIs and Jags from A&N in the past, but not in full squadron strenght, which was aimed for later stages, but after the tsunami and because of the weather conditions there, these plans were changed. In war times fighters can still be placed there, but otherwise all operations will be done from the coastal air bases.
The same is the case for the MPAs, otherwise IL 38s could have been deployed there since years, but MPAs and the modernisations of the airfields there, have mainly logistical reasons, rather than placing fighters or MPAs there, to operater all kinds of aircrafts from these bases if necessary, but not on a regular basis.
P8Is at A&N are more than doubtful, since all the operations in that area was and will be done from the Arakkonam base, which will be modernised to house them and by getting a dedicated repair and maintenance facility in Kochi, which all is not available an A&N yet.
There is not even an operational advantage by placing them there, since the aim is to extend their operations via mid air refuelling and they obviously will not be scrambled like fighters, when a target is detected, especially not the P8Is, which are meant for high altitude surveillance in first place

Negative. Some more incorrect assumptions in that post above:
1.Kalaikunda is the MOB for IAF's operations in the N. Bay of Bengal; Thanjavaur will be the MOB for IAF's operational requirements for A & N archipelago. As I have said very clearly; the IAF will rotate operational detachments to Car Nicobar. There will not be a squadron based there.

2.The question of basing Il-38s in A & N never arose, because of two reasons; too few Il-38s and the lack of a need to deploy them when they became operational since PLAN was not crosiing the Malacca Straits at that point of time.

3.The IN's operational plans are very distinct and different from the IAF's plans for Maritime Ops. Which is why I asserted what I did after seeing things on the ground.

4.Your assumption of about IFR for the Poseidons is also flawed. The IN has no refuellers of its own, also have you checked on the suitability of the P-8Is for 'Hose and Drogue' refuelling. I have explained the reasons why detachments/flights of the P-8I will operate from PBLR as a FOB earlier.

5.The Poseidons in IN operation are optimised for Low-Level Maritime Ops which is an integral part of IN's operational philosophy, which ia also explained by the fact that IN asked for modifications in the sensor fit for its P-8Is, from the standard package of the USN's P-8As.

Trust that explains things.

Kalaikunda fighters in charge of Andaman and Nicobar Islands defences - The Times of India

IAF had operated MKIs and Jags from A&N in the past, but not in full squadron strenght, which was aimed for later stages, but after the tsunami and because of the weather conditions there, these plans were changed. In war times fighters can still be placed there, but otherwise all operations will be done from the coastal air bases.
The same is the case for the MPAs, otherwise IL 38s could have been deployed there since years, but MPAs and the modernisations of the airfields there, have mainly logistical reasons, rather than placing fighters or MPAs there, to operater all kinds of aircrafts from these bases if necessary, but not on a regular basis.
P8Is at A&N are more than doubtful, since all the operations in that area was and will be done from the Arakkonam base, which will be modernised to house them and by getting a dedicated repair and maintenance facility in Kochi, which all is not available an A&N yet.
There is not even an operational advantage by placing them there, since the aim is to extend their operations via mid air refuelling and they obviously will not be scrambled like fighters, when a target is detected, especially not the P8Is, which are meant for high altitude surveillance in first place

Negative. Some more incorrect assumptions in that post above:
1.Kalaikunda is the MOB for IAF's operations in the N. Bay of Bengal; Thanjavaur will be the MOB for IAF's operational requirements for A & N archipelago. As I have said very clearly; the IAF will rotate operational detachments to Car Nicobar. There will not be a squadron based there.

2.The question of basing Il-38s in A & N never arose, because of two reasons; too few Il-38s and the lack of a need to deploy them when they became operational since PLAN was not crosiing the Malacca Straits at that point of time.

3.The IN's operational plans are very distinct and different from the IAF's plans for Maritime Ops. Which is why I asserted what I did after seeing things on the ground.

4.Your assumption of about IFR for the Poseidons is also flawed. The IN has no refuellers of its own, also have you checked on the suitability of the P-8Is for 'Hose and Drogue' refuelling. I have explained the reasons why detachments/flights of the P-8I will operate from PBLR as a FOB earlier.

5.The Poseidons in IN operation are optimised for Low-Level Maritime Ops which is an integral part of IN's operational philosophy, which ia also explained by the fact that IN asked for modifications in the sensor fit for its P-8Is, from the standard package of the USN's P-8As.

Trust that explains things.

Thats never gonna happen. Military won't allow it,even if they allow it,politics won't.

If discussion starts, then the possibilities are there. Why are many India's so prideful about allowing US to put a drone base in Port Blair? Its time to get off the high horses and look at the stark reality.

No matter what US should not be allowed to set up any kinda base on indian soil....we can take care of ourselves...US should stick to its various puppet states for setting up military bases.....like someone earlier said military wont allow it.

I think if any country that is close to the west has any remote chance of setting up a military base then it would be israel not america...we like israel more than amreekans anyway :lol:.

If discussion starts, then the possibilities are there. Why are many India's so prideful about allowing US to put a drone base in Port Blair? Its time to get off the high horses and look at the stark reality.

and what exactly is your version of "stark reality"? :rofl:

Like has been said- there is ZERO possiblity of India allowing any nation to set up a military base on its soil.

and what exactly is your version of "stark reality"? :rofl:

The first stark reality is that you are the Indian version of Hongwu

No matter what US should not be allowed to set up any kinda base on indian soil....we can take care of ourselves...US should stick to its various puppet states for setting up military bases.....like someone earlier said military wont allow it.

I think if any country that is close to the west has any remote chance of setting up a military base then it would be israel not america...we like israel more than amreekans anyway :lol:.

Don't be so prideful, it would be a win-win situation for both India and America if America can setup a drone base in Fort Blair

Don't be so prideful, it would be a win-win situation for both India and America if America can setup a drone base in Fort Blair
Nothing to do with pride but protecting Indian national interests. India has seen how the US treats its "friends". The last thing you want is the US military on your soil- they'll never leave.

and you are the most intelligent non troll person i have ever known :lol:

get serious. what is your version of "stark reality"

For you, that is my only answer. I don't respond to trolls.

Nothing to do with pride but protecting Indian national interests. India has seen how the US treats its "friends". The last thing you want is the US military on your soil- they'll never leave.

Yes, US left Philippines. and the biggest US bases are located in wealthier countries.

Back
Top Bottom