What's new

Indian Air Force Sends Proposal For 33 New Russian Fighter Jets

No where it's written that India will not use those a/c against Pakistan!
India has been exploring defense market ever since 27th February 1999 and Russian order is part of same quest.
There will be much more beneath than what meets the eye.
It is 21 migs29 which Pakistan can very easily match Your F16 is a proven platform around the world against Mig29. India don't has BVR advantage over you at the moment so currently things are good vut you are correct we have to anticipate the future threat of India and have to predict it's future course correctly & devise our policy in accordance of it. After this India China standoff the arms race in south Asia has already started. While Pakistan is silent over it so far but I am sure some news will come from some where.

It is 21 migs29 which Pakistan can very easily match Your F16 is a proven platform around the world against Mig29. India don't has BVR advantage over you at the moment so currently things are good vut you are correct we have to anticipate the future threat of India and have to predict it's future course correctly & devise our policy in accordance of it. After this India China standoff the arms race in south Asia has already started. While Pakistan is silent over it so far but I am sure some news will come from some where.
- Indian plan is to mate derby with mig-29 /SU. As i said india has been exploring solutions and market ever since 27th February.

- What choices do we have besides not matching India, but it will be harder next time!

- As far India China standoff is concerned it diffused in hours, Modi surrendered while China is not being unreasonable.
Remember US is standing behind India, same as in 60's. Now US is on full alert and China will not step it up, while India knows as well. So it's ALL peace from now on.

But what fifth generation fighter are we talking about for India? I doubt they'll purchase the Su-57 anytime soon since it's basically the same as the FGFA they left. India won't be able to purchase the F-35 due to the imported S-400 and the wishy-washy nature of alliance between the US and India. The lack of a 5th generation fighter for India would almost guarantee the IAF being unable to challenge the Chinese for air superiority in a war.
I don't know. I am stuck on this question my self have given it a lot of thought. F 35 was a good option for India but some how it seems that they are not looking at it. Only thing I can see is something from south Korea may be? Or they have eyes on some secret project in Europe which is not known at the moment.

I don't know. I am stuck on this question my self have given it a lot of thought. F 35 was a good option for India but some how it seems that they are not looking at it. Only thing I can see is something from south Korea may be? Or they have eyes on some secret project in Europe which is not known at the moment.
I would see the F-35 as a plausible alternative but after the Indians purchased the S-400, I really don't see this as a possibility anymore. Regarding a South Korean or European stealth fighters, I just don't see those happening, just like I don't see the AMCA taking off (mind the pun). India's only choice imo would be to rejoin the FGFA program ... however flawed it is.

- Indian plan is to mate derby with mig-29 /SU. As i said india has been exploring solutions and market ever since 27th February.

- What choices do we have besides not matching India, but it will be harder next time!

- As far India China standoff is concerned it diffused in hours, Modi surrendered while China is not being unreasonable.
Remember US is standing behind India, same as in 60's. Now US is on full alert and China will not step it up, while India knows as well. So it's ALL peace from now on.
China is not scared of US or hesitates USA. Look at SCS China did what it wanted there & kept on doing what it wanted. The events of SCS should also help you understand what China will do in Ladakh.

China is not scared of US or hesitates USA. Look at SCS China did what it wanted there & kept on doing what it wanted. The events of SCS should also help you understand what China will do in Ladakh.
China is in the valley, modi says its Chinese territory, China will not press any further, dispute is killed before active US involvement, same as 1962.

But what fifth generation fighter are we talking about for India? I doubt they'll purchase the Su-57 anytime soon since it's basically the same as the FGFA they left. India won't be able to purchase the F-35 due to the imported S-400 and the wishy-washy nature of alliance between the US and India. The lack of a 5th generation fighter for India would almost guarantee the IAF being unable to challenge the Chinese for air superiority in a war.

The lack of a 5th Gen aircraft is definitely worrying for the IAF. Its a gamble between buying the F-35 and getting aligned with the US Vs waiting out on the AMCA and continuing the non alliance balance we sort of maintain. The biggest bets here however is that the Chinese 5th Gen is still not mature enough and Pakistan cannot purchase the F-35. Adding to the misery is a poor economy.

However, this standoff may redefine many things for India.

Rafales are coming. 36 is not the final order. There will be many more.
+ I wish India buys F-15 or F-35.
Isn't Modi canceled 126 Rafale order? Bashing Congress for many years during the campaign? Now in panic mode buying, one thing is assured, no bargaining.

No matter how expensive, India will buy jets in batch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafale_deal_controversy
"The origin of the deal lies in the Indian MRCA competition, a multi-billion dollar contract to supply 126 multi-role combat aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF)."

I found many Indians are so delusional, their only education is English. They have little sense on international politics. Talking about F35 all day long, LMAO. There is no chance India can get F35 in foreseeable future.

No doubt, India trapped herself in this dilemma. No preparation, but big mouth for 2.5 front war.

Can anyone educate me why Indians are so delusional?

Isn't Modi canceled 126 Rafale order? Bashing Congress for many years during the campaign? Now in panic mode buying, one thing is assured, no bargaining.

No matter how expensive, India will buy jets in batch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafale_deal_controversy
"The origin of the deal lies in the Indian MRCA competition, a multi-billion dollar contract to supply 126 multi-role combat aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF)."

I found many Indians are so delusional, their only education is English. They have little sense on international politics. Talking about F35 all day long, LMAO. There is no chance India can get F35 in foreseeable future.

No doubt, India trapped herself in this dilemma. No preparation, but big mouth for 2.5 front war.

Can anyone educate me why Indians are so delusional?

CHACHING! 25 cents!

CHACHING! 25 cents!
Now tell me where is the 126 Rafale deal? Toilet? Modi thought he is smarter than Congress, no.
Don't tell me Modi and BJP didn't get any kickbacks from Anil Ambani

Now Modi is in panic mode buying, such a fool. No bargaining, pay in full.

11th one in apr 2012
Don't lie here is the latest one on August 8 2019
https://theprint.in/defence/10-cras...balakot-has-been-a-bloody-one-for-iaf/274804/
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...i-su-30-crash-assam-tezpur-1578876-2019-08-08

On 19 February 2013, a Su-30MKI crashed in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district and both pilots bailing out safely. There was no loss of life on ground.

On 14 October 2014, a Su-30MKI crashed in Theoor near Pune in a grassy patch of land. The pilot and co-pilot were safe and there was no deaths at ground.

On 19 May 2015, a Su-30MKI crashed at Assam's Nagaon district in Laokhowa. The aircraft developed a technical problem that forced the pilot to abandon the aircraft. The pilot and copilot ejected safely and the aircraft crashed in dense forest.

Now tell me where is the 126 Rafale deal? Toilet? Modi thought he is smarter than Congress, no.
Don't tell me Modi and BJP didn't get any kickbacks from Anil Ambani

Now Modi is in panic mode buying, such a fool. No bargaining, pay in full.
They got rid of the 126 deal because the Indian military I guess lacks confidence in the Rafael's capabilities to justify such a large purchase. As a result, they are now paying 242 million dollars per fighter lol.

Don't lie here is the latest one on August 8 2019
https://theprint.in/defence/10-cras...balakot-has-been-a-bloody-one-for-iaf/274804/
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...i-su-30-crash-assam-tezpur-1578876-2019-08-08

On 19 February 2013, a Su-30MKI crashed in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district and both pilots bailing out safely. There was no loss of life on ground.

On 14 October 2014, a Su-30MKI crashed in Theoor near Pune in a grassy patch of land. The pilot and co-pilot were safe and there was no deaths at ground.

On 19 May 2015, a Su-30MKI crashed at Assam's Nagaon district in Laokhowa. The aircraft developed a technical problem that forced the pilot to abandon the aircraft. The pilot and copilot ejected safely and the aircraft crashed in dense forest.
Su-30MKI is still a very capable aircraft in WVR. Unfortunately, the BVR capabilities are quite limited. But for the price, they're not a bad deal at all. Certainly you get more bang for the buck buying the Su-30MKI than the Rafael. The French absolutely robbed the Indians on this one.

Su-30MKI is still a very capable aircraft in WVR. Unfortunately, the BVR capabilities are quite limited. But for the price, they're not a bad deal at all. Certainly you get more bang for the buck buying the Su-30MKI than the Rafael. The French absolutely robbed the Indians on this one
Sir its also very capable in BVR fight also but you know MAN BEHIND THE MACHINE/TACTICS SIR:angel:

Some corrections:
Mki will not add to existing 272, it will make up for 11 crashes and 1 god knows what happened to that valiant jet. So after this purchase and if there is no crash of mki till next year will iaf reach the 272 mki mark.

73 mil a pop for second hand 4th gen jet is just too much. India sure is a holstein!
Holstein... Hahahahaha... That's new mate. Realise they don't quote 40 Chinese died too anymore. Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom