What's new

Indian Air Force Sends Proposal For 33 New Russian Fighter Jets

Meanwhile JF17 getting ready to take on 2nd Su30 MKI in coming days when India try to adventure again

JF17 should get a title of SU30 MKI killer

Wars are complex than quality of equipment or training for it. In every way American + Nato was superior to Afghanistan Taliban. What happened then?

Like Anericans, Indians are wrong at heart in Kashmir. They have lost war of reasoning and justification within. Better airplane and radars are not to change it and hence, same fate as the Americans in Afghanistan.

How did it go from $780 million as reported earlier to $2.43 billion ?

More Rafaels are too expensive ... on a cost-benefit basis, the Su-30MKI is a much better deal. Unfortunately, this also means buying planes which the Chinese are already extremely familiar with and probably know how to counter well.
The issue is numeric for India. What ever way India goes it lacks numbers. India requires at least 200+ aircraft. Lets suppose if India China destroy all of each others jets & ratio is 1:1 in the end China will still have more jets left to destroy India.

That is a mistake of the news agency which is quoting price of 2 other weapon deals in this one deal.

Only 10 Su-30 MKIs have crashed (11th one in apr 2012 was a minor accident and plane was repaired).

But we have ordered 12 Su-30 MKIs as that is HALs current production rate (you can check HAL annual reports if you want)

Whay to order 12 MKIs only? Whay not 18 to make a squadron then?

Besides if something was repaired by Indians, by the benchmark of Indian engineering and standards, it is as good as still crashed.

Last edited:
A very good progress, compared to the hundreds of MIGS lost due to accidents in the past. I think IAF is looking into F35s as well, good luck to them STILL LIKES TO SPEND ON THE FANCY MACHINE RATHER THAN THE MAN BEHIND IT(Failed Strategy).
I ALWAYS FAIL for reason...

It's in the institution....

The issue is numeric for India. What ever way India goes it lacks numbers. India requires at least 200+ aircraft. Lets suppose if India China destroy all of each others jets & ratio is 1:1 in the end China will still have more jets left to destroy India.
Indeed. But I'm saying the Chinese would much prefer the Indians purchase the Su-30MKI over the Rafael because due to the former's inferior BVR capabilities and the PLAAF's extensive familiarity with the flanker (including its TVC courtesy of the Su-35 purchase). It would be more difficult to counter the Rafael, primarily in the BVR sector, which is what matters most.

Indeed. But I'm saying the Chinese would much prefer the Indians purchase the Su-30MKI over the Rafael because due to the former's inferior BVR capabilities and the PLAAF's extensive familiarity with the flanker (including its TVC courtesy of the Su-35 purchase). It would be more difficult to counter the Rafael, primarily in the BVR sector, which is what matters most.
Yes India's BVR problem is huge which has been neglected here & I don't even see any future solution for it other than Rafale. The question still remains if France deliver 6 Rafale early what will they achieve? Kill 1 or 2 extra jets? Finally they will go down & then what?

Yes India's BVR problem is huge which has been neglected here & I don't even see any future solution for it other than Rafale. The question still remains if France deliver 6 Rafale early what will they achieve? Kill 1 or 2 extra jets? Finally they will go down & then what?
I am still shocked at the 242 million dollar price tag for the Indian Rafaels. That is absolutely nuts. I'm sure corruption played a massive factor but even then, 242 million dollars??? More than double the price of the F-35. It looks like for now, India's BVR gap will remain huge against China. And this is not even considering the J-20.

India required large numbers of Rafale & needed them asap. China's own BVR are good & well developed platform this deal is just to fill in the corners.
I am still shocked at the 242 million dollar price tag for the Indian Rafaels. That is absolutely nuts. I'm sure corruption played a massive factor but even then, 242 million dollars??? More than double the price of the F-35. It looks like for now, India's BVR gap will remain.
It is EU tech that comes with a price tag.

India required large numbers of Rafale & needed them asap. China's own BVR are good & well developed platform this deal is just to fill in the corners.

It is EU tech that comes with a price tag.
India cannot afford such massive price tag though ... I don't think any country can honestly. 242 million dollars is beyond insane even by standards of western weaponry. Maybe if India ordered larger batches of Rafael that would lower the price?

China has successfully achieved it first objective. Forced India to buy Russian jets again. Panic buy kept India away from western tech.

No where it's written that India will not use those a/c against Pakistan!
India has been exploring defense market ever since 27th February 1999 and Russian order is part of same quest.
There will be much more beneath than what meets the eye.

India cannot afford such massive price tag though ... I don't think any country can honestly. 242 million dollars is beyond insane even by standards of western weaponry. Maybe if India ordered larger batches of Rafael that would lower the price?
In my opinion India is not going to go beyond 36 Rafale cause it will be too late & by the time it gets Rafale & trains it pilots world we see full deployment of 5th Gen.

780 million dollars for 33 planes would imply a cost per unit of just 23 million dollars. How would that be possible for the MKI?

In my opinion India is not going to go beyond 36 Rafale cause it will be too late & by the time it gets Rafale & trains it pilots world we see full deployment of 5th Gen.
But what fifth generation fighter are we talking about for India? I doubt they'll purchase the Su-57 anytime soon since it's basically the same as the FGFA they left. India won't be able to purchase the F-35 due to the imported S-400 and the wishy-washy nature of alliance between the US and India. The lack of a 5th generation fighter for India would almost guarantee the IAF being unable to challenge the Chinese for air superiority in a war.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom