What's new

Indian Air Force offers facilities to Bangladesh

BD has its own independent policy.
If BD wants to play the mid ground courting all sides it can.

If BD wants to form side with one over the other it can.

I completely agree with this, I don't think anybody can deny this and only Bangladesh and the people of Bangladesh have the right to decide in this matter...

Frankly the most damaging things any of those 3 nations can do is give BD ultimatums for friendly relations.
the same goes for the J-10.
If BD see's JF-17's as key to its defense needs it can get them.
the same goes for the J-10.

...however you need to bear this in mind that sale of these aircrafts will not be possible to Bangladesh with the possibility of IAF access to them, and this has nothing to do with breaking off friendly relations with Bangladesh. It is just a matter of strategic need.

Last edited:
don't be angry riz .we hope inshallah india sold PAK-FA to BD. we have totaly no problim from bd.we congs them first if they got militry hardwere from india.let them enjoy.any ways why we don't see past its india who born BD.ITS FACT

Imran, I completely agree with you, I am happy for any kind of positive development in Bangladesh, does not matter if it is with India.

My question was not a political one at all. It was asked purely from a military perspective but some dear posters politicized it :).

HO ho ho.. wait guys..
Bangladesh's defence doctrine does not allow it to acquire any hardware from India. Besides most of our defence equipment are purchased from China which needed replenishment from China all the time. So BD army cant afford to loose china in any case.
Please use your common sense and see who could be the perceived enemy of BD army regardless of its strength.

we like to see BD happy and healthy we always provide all the help

they know how hardly they get freedom from Pakistan

we have good relation and want to improve our relation with BD

...however you need to bear this in mind that sale of these aircrafts will not be possible to Bangladesh with the possibility of IAF access to them, and this has nothing to do with breaking off friendly relations with Bangladesh. It is just a matter of strategic need.

I think BD will go for advanced aircraft in its next purchae. USA might be the next destination as well as China. JF-17 is out of question now.

HO ho ho.. wait guys..
Bangladesh's defence doctrine does not allow it to acquire any hardware from India. Besides most of our defence equipment are purchased from China which needed replenishment from China all the time. So BD army cant afford to loose china in any case.
Please use your common sense and see who could be the perceived enemy of BD army regardless of its strength.

Good point Iajdani.

Just to save some dollars for overhauling Migs in India rather than Ukraine,we will be putting our trusted supplier China at stake.I don't think that BAF will accept the offer.But its my opinion only,who knows what are the top people thinking.

Besides we already overhaul Mi-17s locally.We just need to improve capacity,so that they do not need to be sent to Russia.

But nevertheless good gesture by India. :tup:

HO ho ho.. wait guys..
Bangladesh's defence doctrine does not allow it to acquire any hardware from India.

and yet you accepted Indian second hand Patrol Boats?

BNS Padma (P-312) BNS Surma (P-313)

Yet the purchases of all those TATA and Ashol Leyland Trucks and Maruti Gypsys?

We are not providing any hardware here, we are providing upgrades on the existing hardware.

Will you please post a link of Bangladeshi defence doctorine?

Besides most of our defence equipment are purchased from China which needed replenishment from China all the time. So BD army cant afford to loose china in any case.

Please enlgiht us on how China will help you to upgrade the MiG-29's?

GB

India, Bangladesh To Discuss Defense Relations

A high-level Bangladesh Air Force delegation led by the country's air chief, Air Marshal S.M. Zia-ur-Rehman, is in New Delhi to discuss defense ties between the neighboring countries, a senior Indian Defence Ministry official said.

India is ready to export to Bangladesh defense equipment, including the Advanced Light Helicopter, and to assist the country in building warships, the ministry official said.

New Delhi is concerned about the increasing levels of defense supplies being sent from China to Bangladesh, Defence Ministry sources here said.

There are reports the Chinese Navy has access to Bangladesh's Chittagong port, the sources said. China already has a military base on the Coco islands, leased from Myanmar, near India's Andaman islands, which is considered a listening post over the eastern part of India, including India's ballistic missile center in the eastern state of Orissa. China is also helping Pakistan build the Gwadar deep-sea port.

China has sold artillery systems, combat aircraft and small arms to Bangladesh in the last two years.

The Bangladesh air chief will hold talks with Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Indian Navy Chief Adm. Sureesh Mehta and Army Chief Gen. Deepak Kapoor.

India helped Bangladesh, formerly East Pakistan, during its 1971 independence war against Pakistan. Fire has been exchanged along the border between the countries in cases relating to forced migration and smuggling.

India, Bangladesh To Discuss Defense Relations — Indo-Burma News

If Bangladeshi defence doctorine prohibits purchases of Indian hardware then whats the BAF chief was doing in India?

GB

BTW Land Rover is now bought by TATA's and there are plenty of it in Bangladeshi Armed Forces.

GB

Just to save some dollars for overhauling Migs in India rather than Ukraine,we will be putting our trusted supplier China at stake.I don't think that BAF will accept the offer.But its my opinion only,who knows what are the top people thinking.

Time and again the same question.

China themselves dont have MiG-29 and hence obvously lack the expertise. How they are going to help you on this?

GB

I hope every attack on SRI LANKA will be take as attack on China :china::china:

And what if China attacks you?
Buddy never keep all your eggs in the same basket. Learn from Pakistan and US case ( and now Pakistan & china).
Not related to this post but the Fact is- No matter how much the world hate India and/or Pakistan, no one can Ignore them and their Importance. Doesnt matter how much pain in the a$$ we are for each other. But for the rest of the world, we are Damn Important.:pakistan: Indian Flag
:toast_sign:

Time and again the same question.

China themselves dont have MiG-29 and hence obvously lack the expertise. How they are going to help you on this?

GB

Except for Migs and some other hardware,almost 90% of our equipment comes from China.

I don't have to tell you that a military tie with India will not please China.So for overhauling Migs,we can't forget that our army is built on Chinese war machines.

That's why China is important and comes into the equation.

Its not as if BAF migs don't have any alternative place for overhauling other than HAL.They are overhauled at Ukraine and Russia.

and yet you accepted Indian second hand Patrol Boats?

BNS Padma (P-312) BNS Surma (P-313)

Yet the purchases of all those TATA and Ashol Leyland Trucks and Maruti Gypsys?

We are not providing any hardware here, we are providing upgrades on the existing hardware.

Will you please post a link of Bangladeshi defence doctorine?

Please enlgiht us on how China will help you to upgrade the MiG-29's?

GB

Those to were used for the benefit of india/bangladesh during 1971. Learn some history.

TATA and Ashol Leyland Trucks and Maruti Gypsys?

These pieces of junk are not used by our army/defence

Back
Top Bottom