What's new

Indian Air Force offers facilities to Bangladesh

BD was/is and will always remain a friend of India.

It is the elements like BNP who deliberately rattle the sabre of India for their own sakes by supporting and harboring anti Indian elements in BD.

A common Indian has not hate for a Bangladeshi national. Our trade is more with Bangladesh than Pakistan,Nepal or Sri Lanka.

India has banned Pakistani television,movies,cricketers etc but never banned the same with Bangladeshis.

GB

The same goes on for BD. BD TV are not allow in india for FYI.
India and BD was never a friend and will never be on unless there are
respect for indian side.

BNP are as crooks like Awami League. But they do it independently not with india aganist BD.

and yet you accepted Indian second hand Patrol Boats?

BNS Padma (P-312) BNS Surma (P-313)

That was 35 years ago right after liberation. The mujib government bought Mig-21 the most advanced fighter of that time which India used as well in that time. BD just did not sit idle thinking that it does not have any enemy.
Yet the purchases of all those TATA and Ashol Leyland Trucks and Maruti Gypsys?

No big deal, they are just vehicles which we buy from Japan as well.

We are not providing any hardware here, we are providing upgrades on the existing hardware.

I dont think BD need an upgrade on Migs anymore and the last they want it from India. We need to look out for better aircraft which none of our neighbours uses.

Will you please post a link of Bangladeshi defence doctorine?

Please enlgiht us on how China will help you to upgrade the MiG-29's?
GB

You need to ask a soldier of BD army which he was taught in the first day of his recruitment then you will know.... :)

I already replied your Mig - 29 concern.

India, Bangladesh To Discuss Defense Relations

India is ready to export to Bangladesh defense equipment, including the Advanced Light Helicopter, and to assist the country in building warships, the ministry official said.

It was a indian offer, nothing that our Air Chief went there for shopping. At least I dont have that information.

New Delhi is concerned about the increasing levels of defense supplies being sent from China to Bangladesh, Defence Ministry sources here said.

Your concern makes us concerned as well.

There are reports the Chinese Navy has access to Bangladesh's Chittagong port, the sources said. China already has a military base on the Coco islands, leased from Myanmar, near India's Andaman islands, which is considered a listening post over the eastern part of India, including India's ballistic missile center in the eastern state of Orissa. China is also helping Pakistan build the Gwadar deep-sea port.

Chinese does not have access to Chittagong port.

China has sold artillery systems, combat aircraft and small arms to Bangladesh in the last two years.

Ofcourse we do buy toys from China and they are darn cheap. We also have a defence contract of some sort with them.

If Bangladeshi defence doctorine prohibits purchases of Indian hardware then whats the BAF chief was doing in India?

GB

He is doing the same thing that your Air chief is doing in BD right now is just a good will visit.

Last edited:
TATA and Ashol Leyland Trucks and Maruti Gypsys?

These pieces of junk are not used by our army/defence

Agreed.We don't use them now,as far as I know.

Probably was used before,just after liberation but now BD military uses locally made Arunima Bolyan and also Renault and Mercedece trucks.

It was a indian offer, nothing that our Air Chief went their for shopping. At least I dont have that information.

He is doing the same thing that your Air chief is doing in BD right now is just a good will visit.
Agree with you.
When the army chief and probably Air chief too visited Pakistan,we were offered Al-khalid tanks and Jf-17.That doesn't mean we bought them.

India wants to sell Advanced light helicopter is also another offer just like Jf-17.

At the end,the policymakers will decided what is best buy for BD.

Lol. ..arunima bolyan....grt name!!!.....nyways,india offerred a deal,and bd will decide if it is suitable for her not. ..if they go forward,grt!....but if they dont then too ,ok!....we will try another time with better deals that suits you more and will time and again try to improve our running good relations.

That was 35 years ago right after liberation. The mujib government bought Mig-21 the most advanced fighter of that time which India used as well in that time. BD just did not sit idle thinking that it does not have any enemy.

Are you sure he bought those?I knew it to be donation from USSR.
That's logical as we didn't have enough money to buy Mig-21s at that time.

Lol. ..arunima bolyan....grt name!!!.....nyways,india offerred a deal,and bd will decide if it is suitable for her not. ..if they go forward,grt!....but if they dont then too ,ok!....we will try another time with better deals that suits you more and will time and again try to improve our running good relations.

Jako,good to see you posting again.

I think that,every defence related offers from India will be looked with suspicion even by moderates.So as long as the relation remains economical between both countries it is better.

And at the end,it is BD's defence heads will take the decision.

Good to hear from you too,leon.....agree with you,bd think tanks will ultimately decide what good for her and all what we can do is offer better deals and more better deals.....but in my pov,this kind of defence deals will only go through after we have even greater economic relations,and grow some more trust betn ourselves.... India has contributed hugely to the peace effort when sk hasina visited india,with bd alsn cooperating.... .only after more of such efforts we shall have close defence related issues,as this deals with a nations security. ...i am keeping my fingers crossed....hoping for the best!

Realistically does anyone think that Bangladesh defence forces will ever buy equipment from India? Let’s get real here, who do you think these weapons will be aimed at? Which country do we have dispute with? Only 2 India and Burma.
So buying from or sending equipment for upgrade to India is like Syria asking Israel to upgrade their tanks! Please our Indian friends all this is courtesy offers and not meant to be anything serious.

iajdani...JF-17 indeed is out of Question since it is the version Pakistan is procuring what you guys are offered is FC-1 if that is out of question than all you can be offered is upgrades of extra mig-29s (upgrades will work Russia has 400+ mig 29s they are getting rid of them perhaps from their inventory directly to BDs), su-30 (limited in number and hard to maintain but cheap in price) version which Vietnam is offered, No F-18s, No F-16s (reason you guys are unable to afford it), J-10 is not offered will not be offered until its exported to Pakistan and until China allows it..

Agreed.We don't use them now,as far as I know.

Probably was used before,just after liberation but now BD military uses locally made Arunima Bolyan and also Renault and Mercedece trucks.

Mercedes make trucks.:lol:

I know its off topic but it is hilarious.

Realistically does anyone think that Bangladesh defence forces will ever buy equipment from India? Let’s get real here, who do you think these weapons will be aimed at? Which country do we have dispute with? Only 2 India and Burma.
So buying from or sending equipment for upgrade to India is like Syria asking Israel to upgrade their tanks! Please our Indian friends all this is courtesy offers and not meant to be anything serious.

Oh you would like that wouldn't you, Have BD fight India Regardless of the Impacts it will have on BD.

Or is it just because we are a bordering country.

Pak and China have perfectly all weather friendship.

yet Pak has no issues having such close defense ties with China.

Mercedes make trucks.:lol:

I know its off topic but it is hilarious.

YOu are making yourself hilarious. Mercedese not only makes trucks they do make buses as well and I rode few of them. They are all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom