What's new

Indian Actor Naseeruddin Shah in Pakistan to watch WAAR

A bit of smart maneuvers would go a long way, for example there are tons of movies that come out of India. 90% are comedy/entertainment and 10% can be propaganda. make sure the balance is maintained. who wouldn't love it.

Obviously we first need to revive our cinema and as much as i have been told "Waar" isn't an overtly anti India movie where you would find anti Indian slurs and all. According to another thread on PDF which i saw a couple of days earlier there are some other movies lined up as well which is really refreshing. I do appreciate the likes of Shoaib Mansoor who did take a massive risk and proved that there is indeed a wide audience more than willing to watch good cinema.

Obviously we first need to revive our cinema and as much as i have been told "Waar" isn't an overtly anti India movie where you would find anti Indian slurs and all. According to another thread on PDF which i saw a couple of days earlier there are some other movies lined up as well which is really refreshing. I do appreciate the likes of Shoaib Mansoor who did take a massive risk and proved that there is indeed a wide audience more than willing to watch good cinema.

I saw Khuda ke Liye only because it was a Pakistani Movie, didn't cared for how it showed the Mullahs or Islam or Pakistan. Make a good movie and you will surely have good amount of audience. just persevere for a while. heck one of the FIRST thing I remember watching on TV as a kid was BAKRA KISHTO PE !!!

A bit of smart maneuvers would go a long way, for example there are tons of movies that come out of India. 90% are comedy/entertainment and 10% can be propaganda. make sure the balance is maintained. who wouldn't love it.

Well since Indian govt. don't allow Pak movies to be screened in India much, you have to take undertake some initial losses to increase the base for your movies. Once the actor/director gets popular their would be enough demand to pressurize the govt.
U will be surprised to know this movie is already on its profits......Budget was of 170 million and it has earned 200 million in her 5th week and it was released in mid October. And now its earnings r more then 200 million. Also Now its released in UAE as well so expect its profits to increase more.

U will be surprised to know this movie is already on its profits......Budget was of $170 million and it has earned $200 million in her 5th week and it was released in mid October. And now its earnings r more then 200 million. Also Now its released in UAE as well so expect its profits to increase more.
It's good for Pakistan movie scene man. now imagine if you can penetrate the Indian theaters as well with such movies. that 170 million can bounce much more than 200 million. Not taking a pot shot but are sure it's in "$" if it is than a big thumbs up to you guys yaar !!!!

I saw Khuda ke Liye only because it was a Pakistani Movie, didn't cared for how it showed the Mullahs or Islam or Pakistan. Make a good movie and you will surely have good amount of audience. just persevere for a while. heck one of the FIRST thing I remember watching on TV as a kid was BAKRA KISHTO PE !!!

I don't agree with that unfortunately most of the movies that really do well are a piece of trash. They don't have anything worth watching in them without getting into the fact that they were rip offs or not. The best example of that is your industry itself. Some of the movies that made millions could not even be tolerated for more than a few seconds. Film makers are indeed talented no doubt but they know the mindset of their people and what lures them to the cinema so even if a trashy concept sells while a good one isn't given half the value it deserves, then they would resort to making trash while making a good film once in a blue moon.

Pakistan actually made some really good movies back in the day.

WAAR sort of breathed life into your industry. As Ranjeet said persevere.

Thats something u will know only after watching and comparing them.

And being better than Bollywood is no achievement. it is absolute horse shite. Never understood why the indian government bans Pakistani movies. Lack of confidence or being douchebags we never know.

Last edited:
I don't agree with that unfortunately most of the movies that really do well are a piece of trash. They don't have anything worth watching in them without getting into the fact that they were rip offs or not. The best example of that is your industry itself. Some of the movies that made millions could not even be tolerated for more than a few seconds. Film makers are indeed talented no doubt but they know the mindset of their people and what lures them to the cinema so even if a trashy concept sells while a good one isn't given half the value it deserves, then they would resort to making trash while making a good film once in a blue moon.
Well I know how the latest movies of Sallu/SRK/Akhsay's works. But they have tried everything from action to drama to rip offs. If the Pakistani movies come up with something new you never know, bollywood might be copying your style of movies.

Pakistan actually made some really good movies back in the day.

WAAR sort of breathed life into your industry. As Ranjeet said persevere.

And being better than Bollywood is no achievement. it is absolute horse shite. Never understood why the indian government bans Pakistani movies. Lack of confidence or being douchebags we never know.
Given a choice between Chennai express and Waar I would definitely go for the later one. I have a personal grudge against mofo SRK for ruining my first name. :angry:

Well I know how the latest movies of Sallu/SRK/Akhsay's works. But they have tried everything from action to drama to rip offs. If the Pakistani movies come up with something new you never know, bollywood might be copying your style of movies.

Yeah but my point was that a movie isn't necessarily great because it earns millions within a few days of its release. I am not even including Pakistani industry since they have just begun and have a long way to go.

I remeber North Indians making fun of Rajinikanth and his over the top action scenes.

Ironic they are copying his style. Also good to know that Bollywood is copying the bad aspects of South Indian movies.

Given a choice between Chennai express and Waar I would definitely go for the later one. I have a personal grudge against mofo SRK for ruining my first name. :angry:

Don't get me started on Bollywood and it's portrayal of South Indians. Or white people.

Or eve people of African ancestry.

Its influence dude its influence. Yr armed forces blackmail yr gov to release funds to buy expensive machines. And if such movies r shown then yr public will see pak's side of story and its soft side and wont get brainwashed by yr media to pressurize yr Gov released those funds as well which were reserved for development.

Yeah but my point was that a movie isn't necessarily great because it earns millions within a few days of its release. I am not even including Pakistani industry since they have just begun and have a long way to go.
You are looking at it in short term, Indians movies have been there for decades. It about reviving the industry. Some initial losses for the sake of future would go a long way. Cater Audience with good story line and no matter how hard a particular govt tries you will find an audience eventually. Once you find that niche than feed it. Look I don't have anything against you or @Umair Nawaz for that matter
I am a sucker for good movies. And I saw potential in Pak industry and thats why I shared my enthusiasm with you guys.

You are looking at it in short term, Indians movies have been there for decades. It about reviving the industry. Some initial losses for the sake of future would go a long way. Cater Audience with good story line and no matter how hard a particular govt tries you will find an audience eventually. Once you find that niche than feed it. Look I don't have anything against you or @Umair Nawaz for that matter
I am a sucker for good movies. And I saw potential in Pak industry and thats why I shared my enthusiasm with you guys.

I never suggested that you had anything against me or anyone else for that matter. I was just sharing my opinion while taking yours into consideration as well.

I remeber North Indians making fun of Rajinikanth and his over the top action scenes.
Ironic they are copying his style. Also good to know that Bollywood is copying the bad aspects of South Indian movies.
Don't get me started on Bollywood and it's portrayal of South Indians. Or white people.
Or eve people of African ancestry.
Forget about south indians we people from NCR are shown as rapists and nothing else. It's like we don't have anything else to do then pray on girls.

I never suggested that you had anything against me or anyone else for that matter. I was just sharing my opinion while taking yours into consideration as well.
See you took what I said in a personal sense. What I wanted to say was that please share with us some good entertainment from your side nothing more nothing less. And you would find many fans of SHAAN or MATHIRA ( Although I know you hate her guts but I couldn't think of anyone else from the fairer sex from across the border :p:). Let some good news flow from a country which is being accused (wrongly/ignorantly) of trouble making.

See you took what I said in a personal sense. What I wanted to say was that please share with us some good entertainment from your side nothing more nothing less. And you would find many fans of SHAAN or MATHIRA ( Although I know you hate her guts but I couldn't think of anyone else from the fairer sex from across the border :p:). Let some good news flow from a country which is being accused (wrongly/ignorantly) of trouble making.

You still remember that i hate her guts?? Thats quite commendable. No i didn't give my personal opinion because that won't be appreciated here. I am very much against Indian movies being played in our cinemas so i won't ask them to do so either. In fact, if we are able to revive our cinema i would like the makers to focus elsewhere :P Though you are free to enjoy as long as they don't give heed to my advice.

Back
Top Bottom