What's new

Indian Acquisition of the Gorshkov

good ENUf for gorky and first born...but for the second one bring some thing even better...rafale would be GUD ENUF for me..

Water is background look blue, where is this Photo taken?

Sorry- But no idea
May be when we had exercise with FRENCH NAVY
When RAFALE went on against harrier.

Bcoz after that flying time was reduced as harrier went for upgrades, now they have DERBY BVR missile from ISRAEL.
So photo may be before up-gradation as upgraded harrier look stunning.

Regarding water cant get much detail bcoz i operate from Blackberry mobile so quality will be a bit low as compared to PC.
When i get back from hospital i will definitely have a closer look.

congsssssssssss to my all indian friends.

yaar phir prise fix ho gai ab to baat **** honi chayee.lolllllllll

Sorry- But no idea
May be when we had exercise with FRENCH NAVY
When RAFALE went on against harrier.

Bcoz after that flying time was reduced as harrier went for upgrades, now they have DERBY BVR missile from ISRAEL.
So photo may be before up-gradation as upgraded harrier look stunning.

Regarding water cant get much detail bcoz i operate from Blackberry mobile so quality will be a bit low as compared to PC.
When i get back from hospital i will definitely have a closer look.

What are you doing in hospital?

What are you doing in hospital?

I am a Doctor in indian army(AMC you know) . I serve as a LT in medical core

Dude i have night duty also every alternate day so i pass my time surfing on net on my Blackberry- What better to know abt my country's defence

that's why its LT.PRATEEK

Contracts and supplementary agreements comprising of repair and re-equipping, logistics supports, shore infrastructure, training of ships’ crew, repair and technical documents etc. were signed with Russia on 20th January, 2004 for acquisition of “Admiral Gorshkov” with delivery schedule in August 2008. The cost of repair and modernization of Admiral Gorshkkov including Logistic Support, Training and documentation is US Dollar 974 million. It is, however, apprehended that delay may take place in the delivery of the ship.

The existing contract with Russia is still valid. The process of examination of the scope and necessity for additional works projected by the Russian side has been initiated.

PIB Press Release
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri SS Ahluwalia in Rajya Sabha today.

NEW DELHI, March 12 (Itar-Tass) -- Russia and India signed a new contract on the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov with the delivery date in 2012, the contract cost is not disclosed.

“A new contract on the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov was signed, the price is agreed upon,” Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov said. “The price was coordinated, but I cannot call it a mutual agreement,” the vice-premier said. “The delivery date is the end of 2012,” he added.

ITAR-TASS

Contracts and supplementary agreements comprising repair and re-equipping, logistic supports, training, etc were concluded with Russian side for acquisition of the aircraft carrier, ex-Admiral Gorshkov, in January 2004 at a cost of US Dollars 974 million.

The Russian side submitted a revised Master Schedule indicating a delay in the project and an increase in price for repair and re-equipping of the aircraft carrier, due to increase in scope of work not originally envisaged.

The Government approved the proposal for conducting negotiations with the Russian side for finalizing a revised Repair and Re-equipping Contract and other related contracts/agreements affected due to delay in the project and Additional Works projected.

The negotiations have since been concluded by the Contract Negotiation Committee (CNC).

The revised cost of USD 2,330 million has been approved by the Government. Prices for the works to be carried out under the revised contracts/agreements are fixed.

The aircraft carrier was originally scheduled to be delivered in August 2008. The ship’s delivery is re-scheduled to December, 2012.

Re-scheduling of the ship’s delivery and revision in its cost were necessitated due to emergence of Additional Works projected, detailed agreed scope of trials, etc.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Manish Tewari and others in Lok Sabha today

Back
Top Bottom