What's new

"India will take decades to catch up with China's military capabilities." Prof. Harsh V. Pant

India does not need to catch up with China militarily. India only needs to make border skirmishes a costly exercise for China. Similar to how Pakistan has made it for India.
Dude you guys really need to stop with this strategic autonomy bs if you are serious
cause if you are going to be the "little" guy- you'll need help as Israel shows

When did I say that a full blown conflict with China is desirable? You have started to make things up.

All I say is that India should focus on improving its border infrastructure and personal equipment to inflict equal damage to Chinese in border skirmishes. Most (if not all) such skirmishes happen because of Chinese taking offensive action. I don't think India should avenge the losses or anything.

Border troops will always hold such talks and that is welcome. Please do not read what Iv write to fit the narrative that you would like to see between India and China :laugh:

Alright. Go ahead and inflict damage to the Chinese, as you wish. :lol:

Dude you guys really need to stop with this strategic autonomy bs if you are serious
I agree. Strategic autonomy does not apply to countries that face a superior threat. I think India is trapped in it because of the dependence on Russian weaponry. At some point, India has to bite the bullet and move to US camp.
Alright. Go ahead and inflict damage to the Chinese, as you wish. :lol:
Thanks. Your blessing was the last thing that Indians were waiting for :cheers:

They are going to fight China and cause an irreparable damage to it, by means of their "deadly" uniforms, as has been discussed, in another thread. :lol: :lol:

India will ... catch up with ...

If I got a Rupee for every Indian and American article inisting that this will just magically happen without any major reforms and reinventing India from ground up.... well I could probably buy one dumpling.

China can choose to escalate or not. India can always make it expensive for China even if India should go down in defeat. Luckily for India, the border conflict with India is not the capital military problem that China has set up for itself. So, there will be a limit to how much China wants to escalate it's conflict with India.

No one in India is looking forward to a full scale conflict with China. Honestly, I do not understand the point in this post

False parallel or premise!

That somehow India v China dynamic equals Pakistan v India. Or that India holds the keys to escalation. Both are incorrect...
What expense are you talking about when China is already making a wartime expense on this front? China is in the process of making a battlefield conducive to it's form of warfare.
Time is the enemy of India and not a friend in this case because with time Indian position only weakens.
China is making sure of that...

False parallel or premise!

That somehow India v China dynamic equals Pakistan v India. Or that India holds the keys to escalation. Both are incorrect...
What expense are you talking about when China is already making a wartime expense on this front? China is in the process of making a battlefield conducive to it's form of warfare.
Time is the enemy of India and not a friend in this case because with time Indian position only weakens.
China is making sure of that...
What premise?! When did I say that India will escalate? All I said was India should invest in gear that will make skirmishes expensive for China when they happen.

Phake newj..
India is already a supa power since 2012 and china is still struggling to catch India and US.
It's time to lynch Prof Harsh V Pant so he can't do any negative propaganda against bharat mata .

Muhammad Harsh Pant ko Pakistan mei bhej do !!! Deshdrohee Murkh !!!
What premise?! When did I say that India will escalate? All I said was India should invest in gear that will make skirmishes expensive for China when they happen.

India currently has little or no options to make any situation "expensive" for China militarily.

Any idiot can see this.

All Indian military "gear" is more or less imported, and the Chinese make everything themselves.

To get embroiled in short or medium term skirmishes will be a drag for India economy though and India cannot survive without inexpensive Chinese products (either retail or industrial inputs).

At current juncture with precarious Indian economy this is not an option.

Best option is to diplomatically approach Chinese leadership (overtly or covertly) and negotiate for best Indian outcome.

Last edited:
A.I. has integrated inside Indian Army

Whisky Tango Foxtrot !!!

Whole Indian Army is going like Rajnikanth Sci-fi movie 2.0 and Robot !! Enna Minndd Ittt !!

iu

iu

Your proposition is very vague. How can India act in a way, that any skirmish becomes costly for China, and not for India? In ultimate analysis, the weaker side will have more losses than the stronger one.
Indian understanding of conflicts of attrition, the richer party will go bankrupt and the poorer one will prosper and win.

Pakistan shall remain indepted to two Indian leaders: 1) Nehru, for opening a can of worms, with China and initiating a totally unnecessary conflict, with it 2) Modi, for reigniting the conflict, and putting his foot on the tail of dragon
:lol: :p:

Back
Top Bottom