What's new

India will overtake China in 2021

Give me a break. The PLA has already proved its mountain warfare fighting skills in 1962.

You pretend as if you have no recollection of history.

China has an airforce three times larger and more modern than India's. Do you want me to post the video from one of your generals again? China will control the high ground.

now do you want me to teach you history more ?? from now every time you post this crap i am gonna simply copy and paste this post about 62'

here is the history lessons for you :

PLA Advantages:

Element of Surprise
8:1 Numerical Ratio
Tech Edge
Pacifist Govt Sitting in Delhi
India a founding member of NAM (No foreign support)
Indian Air Force Taken out of equation

still in the end PLA knew in a long drawn war they can not hold Arunachal as their supply lines are too stretched up so they left

2012:

PLA Disadvantages

No Element of Surprise (Large number of recon planes, sattelites and Intelligence)
No Numerical Superiority Over Indian Military in Himalayas
No real tech. edge over Indian Military
Indian Army bunker-ed in Himalayan border lines
India is not a part of NAM (has friendly relations will almost all major powers)
Free Media wont let Indian Govt go pacifist in case of War
Indian supply lines much nearer to bunker-ed troops based in Himalayas

Case closed : PLA invades PLA suffers Chinese resents CCP crashs

now do you want me to teach you history more ?? from now every time you post this crap i am gonna simply copy and paste this post about 62'

here is the history lessons for you :

PLA Advantages:

Element of Surprise
8:1 Numerical Ratio
Tech Edge
Pacifist Govt Sitting in Delhi
India a founding member of NAM (No foreign support)
Indian Air Force Taken out of equation

still in the end PLA knew in a long drawn war they can not hold Arunachal as their supply lines are too stretched up so they left

2012:

PLA Disadvantages

No Element of Surprise (Large number of recon planes, sattelites and Intelligence)
No Numerical Superiority Over Indian Military in Himalayas
No real tech. edge over Indian Military
Indian Army bunker-ed in Himalayan border lines
India is not a part of NAM (has friendly relations will almost all major powers)
Free Media wont let Indian Govt go pacifist in case of War
Indian supply lines much nearer to bunker-ed troops based in Himalayas

Case closed : PLA invades PLA suffers Chinese resents CCP crashs

You don't have a reputable citation.

You are also missing the obvious. India fought with all its might in 1962 and lost. You can't change history.

----------

Look guys, I'm just trying to make a simple point. A large population used to mean more available troops for the army. This was true in World War I and partly true in World War II.

I'm saying the rapid development of technology has completely overwhelmed the importance of troop levels. Troop levels are only important in a conventional war where both sides have the same technology.

In conclusion, India is playing yesterday's game. Population size is not that important anymore. The focus is on technology, weapon platforms, and integration. Whoever has the biggest budget, best technology, and ability to fight in a coordinated manner should win. I believe all three of these factors (and a few other important ones such as training) all favor China.

You are also missing the obvious. India fought with all its might in 1962 and lost. You can't change history.

Pls give source for this statement.

Yes, we can't change history, but we learnt from it. Thats why after 1962..all is quiet on our Northern Border

----------

Look guys, I'm just trying to make a simple point. A large population used to mean more available troops for the army. This was true in World War I and partly true in World War II.

I'm saying the rapid development of technology has completely overwhelmed the importance of troop levels. Troop levels are only important in a conventional war where both sides have the same technology.

if India would have fought with all her might in 62' there wont be any Tibet Autonomous region in PRC .. but a Free Tibet bordering Republic Of China ...

Pls give source for this statement.

Yes, we can't change history, but we learnt from it. Thats why after 1962..all is quiet on our Northern Border

The Times of India used to have an excellent series on the history of the 1962 war. I read it about five years ago. Now, they've archived it. Go search their archives. It can't be done in English, because I tried it. It might still be available in Hindi.

if India would have fought with all her might in 62' there wont be any Tibet Autonomous region in PRC .. but a Free Tibet bordering Republic Of China ...

There is nothing that I can do if you guys deny history and refuse to accept you lost the 1962 war.

----------

I'm leaving this thread, because I don't see a productive military discussion. However, just remember, a larger population size no longer equates to dramatically increased military power.

You can't just feed more Indian hamburgers into the mechanized PLA machine to be grinded.

Give me a break. The PLA has already proved its mountain warfare fighting skills in 1962.

You pretend as if you have no recollection of history.

vBigA.jpg

The armored regiment conducts training in snowy Tianshan Mountains.

pw8y1.jpg

The armored regiment conducts training in snowy Tianshan Mountains.

China has an airforce three times larger and more modern than India's. Do you want me to post the video from one of your generals again? China will control the high ground.

this is martians answer zabanya..... do you expected, that he won't post pics....

A Type-59 based on a Cold War-era design? mmm...:disagree:

It is true that China had the geographic advantage, which was one of the key reasons for its victory back in 62.

Anyway, my question was pretty specific which you weren't specifically able to answer fully. I'm curious about the aspects of mountain warfare since my knowledge on the matter is limited. If you don't know, just say you don't know....no harm there :P

My advise: Don't underestimate them. They can be a rather opportunistic lot.

The Times of India used to have an excellent series on the history of the 1962 war. I read it about five years ago. Now, they've archived it. Go search their archives. It can't be done in English, because I tried it. It might still be available in Hindi.

you know during 62' war .. i met a chinese soldier in Arunachal .. and there he told me that we are weak, hungry out of ammunition and cant fight more so we will run back and after couple of days PLA ran with their tails between their legs ... i dont remember the name of that chinese soldier ... let me check i have stored that on my iCloud in iPad 4 in 62'.... ummmm nope not able to find.. the cloud server might have crashed ...

you know during 62' war .. i met a chinese soldier in Arunachal .. and there he told me that we are weak, hungry out of ammunition and cant fight more so we will run back and after couple of days PLA ran with their tails between their legs ... i dont remember the name of that chinese soldier ... let me check i have stored that on my iCloud in iPad 4 in 62'.... ummmm nope not able to find.. the cloud server might have crashed ...

You forgot to mention the cold. Cold can be rather unforgiving. Or does PLA and IA already have powered combat suits? :P

You forgot to mention the cold. Cold can be rather unforgiving. Or does PLA and IA already have powered combat suits? :P

forget about the cold ... think about the oxygen ... almost all of Line of Actual control between India and Occupied Tibet is 4000 Meter and above ... if you walk for a mile uphill with some load... you will pass out ... and in the supplies soldiers carry they take Rum in place of Water ... here the cold factor comes... in -5 to -50 Degree centigrade only Rum works :)

----------

In conclusion, India is playing yesterday's game. Population size is not that important anymore. The focus is on technology, weapon platforms, and integration. Whoever has the biggest budget, best technology, and ability to fight in a coordinated manner should win. I believe all three of these factors (and a few other important ones such as training) all favor China.

All its might? All u were capable was killing a bunch of unarmed poor soldiers.. When real soldiers arrived, u guys fleed..

I call for China to retain the 'most populous country' title and abolishes the one-child policy. Let's go to work to produce more baby girl now!

One child policy is going to be modified before it's removed, theres talk of a two child policy. the government is aware of the aging problem.

----------

Just answer one thing, did all countries combined in NATO win in Afghanistan or not even if they are fighting it for a decade with Taliban which has no chance against their technology, resources and what not....Even that war is going over for a decade, how long will our war will be?

I call for China to retain the 'most populous country' title and abolishes the one-child policy. Let's go to work to produce more baby girl now!

One child policy is going to be modified before it's removed, theres talk of a two child policy. the government is aware of the aging problem.

Back
Top Bottom