What's new

India will overtake China in 2021

PLA dont have much technical edge over Indian Military ... and the edge they have in quantity ... will be negated by the Himalayan Terran ... it doesnt matter how much quantity PLA has over Indian Military ... there is no way PLA can push over Indian Military in Himalayas ... PLA will be annihilated if it ever tries to Invade .. this is no 62' where human wave tactic will work .. and there is no chance china will find 8:1 numerical superiority now ... so stop posting crap ...

PLA moved its howitzers from the Taiwan sector to pound the Indian army in 1962.

Next time, the PLA will use a lot more than just howitzers.

To start, the PLA will use ballistic and cruise missiles. Then comes the 400km MLRS. China will probably use its air power this time, which will include fleets of WZ-10 attack helicopters. It's going to get a lot uglier for the Indian solider on the receiving end of Chinese firepower.

Indian population size is a detriment

When India surpasses China in overall population, it will be a meaningless event.

1. Population size is no longer correlated with GDP size. China's GDP is currently five times the Indian GDP and the gap is growing larger. By 2021, I expect China's nominal GDP differential with India to increase to about 7 to 1.

2. The increase in Indian population is good for China strategically. The Indian government lacks the resources to provide basic services for its people. Hence, instead of 500 million well-educated and well-fed Indians, we have 1.2 billion Indians without access to clean water or sufficient food.

3. All of these Indians without jobs are paralyzing the Indian government's ability to govern. For example, the Indian government dare not cut its subsidies for gasoline or cooking oil. These subsidies will keep growing larger as the population increases and drain the Indian government's budget.

India has to choose whether to devote its scarce resources to subsidies (and feed its people) or build highways. It can't do both. The growing Indian population will delay India's modernization of its infrastructure by decades.

4. The PLA is mechanized. Carpet bombing one million or ten million Indian soldiers makes no difference. It is the level of military technology and deployment that is important. The number of warm bodies as targets is irrelevant to a mechanized army.

martian why did you came to planet..... are you calculating according to chinese maths or mars???? ...
please come to chinese flag..... i feel disgusting some times.... when you are bashing USA while keeping USA flag......

@ on topic: How you are claiming India will have 1.2 billion people in poverty whereas poverty declining gradually ........ just stfu,,,,,,

martian why did you came to planet..... are you calculating according to chinese maths or mars???? ...
please come to chinese flag..... i feel disgusting some times.... when you are bashing USA while keeping USA flag......

@ on topic: How you are claiming India will have 1.2 billion people in poverty whereas poverty declining gradually ........ just stfu,,,,,,

If you mark the Indian rupee to the current market exchange rate, the per-capita Indian GDP is about $1,200 U.S. dollars. Poverty is not declining when you factor in inflation or when you look at the absolute number of poor Indians.

Indian 2011 GDP was 77 trillion rupees.

77 trillion rupees / 54.48 rupees per U.S. dollar = 1.413 trillion U.S. dollars

1.413 trillion U.S. dollars / 1.2 billion Indians = $1,187 Indian per-capita GDP

The population of India will overtake China in 2021
What's your opinion?How do you feel? Happy, worry, welcome??.....

population-comparison-india-china.jpg

Here’s a comparison of some key numbers from the world’s two most populous nations:

SIZE
IN 2011
China: 1,339,724,852 India: 1,210,193,422

The difference: Almost 130 million. But because India is growing so much faster than China (see below), it is expected to become the world’s most populous nation in another two decades.

DECADAL GROWTH

China: 73.9 million (5.84%) India: 181 million (17.64%)
year growth:
China: 0.57% India: 1.64%

MEN PER 100 WOMEN

China: 105 India: 106

YOUTH

China (0-14): 222,459,737 India (0-6): 158,789,287

The youth population numbers aren’t directly comparable yet but it’s clear even from this data that India’s 0-14 population is higher than China’s. Indian projections from 2006 suggested that population would be around 346,942,000. The actual numbers may be a little higher than that since the project put India’s 2011 population at 1,192,507,000, lower than it turned out to be. Some experts are saying that it’s now time for China to reverse its one-child policy.

LITERACY (%)

China: 95.92 India: 74.04

In 2021,the population of India will overtake China:
China: 1.4179billion 1.4237billion

For me, welcome Indian overtake China in population, breathe a sigh of relief;

what's your opinion??

Atleast we can beat China in this area :D

PLA moved its howitzers from the Taiwan sector to pound the Indian army in 1962.

Next time, the PLA will use a lot more than just howitzers.

the problem is Indian Military has already moved the stuff there ... you wont be getting roses in response ...

here is the history lessons for you :

PLA Advantages:

Element of Surprise
8:1 Numerical Ratio
Tech Edge
Pacifist Govt Sitting in Delhi
India a founding member of NAM (No foreign support)
Indian Air Force Taken out of equation

still in the end PLA knew in a long drawn war they can not hold Arunachal as their supply lines are too stretched up so they left

2012:

PLA Disadvantages

No Element of Surprise (Large number of recon planes, sattelites and Intelligence)
No Numerical Superiority Over Indian Military in Himalayas
No real tech. edge over Indian Military
Indian Army bunker-ed in Himalayan border lines
India is not a part of NAM (has friendly relations will almost all major powers)
Free Media wont let Indian Govt go pacifist in case of War
Indian supply lines much nearer to bunker-ed troops based in Himalayas

Case closed : PLA invades PLA suffers Chinese resents CCP crashs

Atleast we can beat China in this area :D
Not only in that, in everything...Every single field. China's time is up. it already is an aging population.
Besides that it's agenda is to take over neighbors territories and bully them.
With slowing economy and poor demographics china won't even stand a chance to win.:cry:
No way we're going to loose out them ::no:

4. The PLA is mechanized. Carpet bombing one million or ten million Indian soldiers makes no difference. It is the level of military technology and deployment that is important. The number of warm bodies as targets is irrelevant to a mechanized army.

I do not know how that point it relevant to the topic.

Anyways, how much do you think the PLA has experience in mountain warfare? Because that really counts. Technology is not the sole determinant of victory.

Anyways, how much do you think the PLA has experience in mountain warfare? Because that really counts. Technology is not the sole determinant of victory.

He is a troll so don't even bother.

My point is relevant, because this is a defense forum. I discuss the military aspect of issues. The implication is a larger Indian population leads to a larger Indian army. My military insight is that Indian troop levels are insignificant to a highly mechanized PLA.

I disagree with you on the value of technology. Technology is incredibly important. Do you want to see my citation on Chinese Kevlar, aluminum oxide ceramic, or ballistic steel body armor?

Modern armies bomb their enemies then mop them up with infantry, which is backed by main battle tanks, attack helicopters, and air support.

I used to hate overpopulated society around me ..thought to never have a baby for myself ..now marriage is around i want a little baby doll for myself .. Feel too selfish for myself

My point is relevant, because this is a defense forum. I discuss the military aspect of issues. The implication is a larger Indian population leads to a larger Indian army. My military insight is that Indian troop levels are insignificant to a highly mechanized PLA.

I disagree with you on the value of technology. Technology is incredibly important. Do you want to see my citation on Chinese Kevlar, aluminum oxide ceramic, or ballistic steel body armor?

Modern armies bomb their enemies then mop them up with infantry, which is backed by main battle tanks, attack helicopters, and air support.

Ya whats the use of modern kelvar technology etc when we attack u from heights?
We will be inducting attack choppers from next year or 2014.. Rafale and MKI are coming to NE... FINSAS is progressing, Brahmos in NE..
Technology gap is reducing my friend.. U have till 2018-20 to plan to attack... After that it will be near to impossible...
And no tank can ever be used in India china border anywere...
Many bragged China gonna attack in 2012, already 7th month, y there is no indication yet? :what: Members bragged here as usual? :blink:

Not necessarily.

I disagree with you. Technology is incredibly important. Do you want to see my citation on Chinese Kevlar, aluminum oxide ceramic, or ballistic steel body armor?

I didn't say that technology is irrelevant. Of-course, technology has massive impact on every aspect of life and always advances human society.

But, you still did not answer my question. How does the PLA match up in mountain warfare? I am saying so because that is a very tricky aspect even with high-end technology.

Look at it this way, the Soviets had overwhelming force and the technology while fighting the Afghan Mujaheddin during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. It wasn't a simple straight firefight as you are implying. Ask any Russian officer who served there. In the end, the Soviets had to withdraw with a humiliating defeat.

Even the Americans are having a hard time against the very same opponent to this very day. And that has been going on for over a decade now. The Afghans know their terrain far better than any foreigner would, and that is a fact. Yes, even though it is a rag tag army.

Know-how of the particular scenario with the correct combination of technology is what determines victory. And of-course, public support matters if you know what I mean :azn:

So answer me this, how well is the PLA acquainted with that aspect of warfare? I'm not looking for pictures of PLA equipment, but for you to explain.......how? I'm curious.

Not necessarily.

I didn't say that technology is irrelevant. Of-course, technology has massive impact on every aspect of life and always advances human society.

But, you still did not answer my question. How does the PLA match up in mountain warfare? I am saying so because that is a very tricky aspect even with high-end technology.

Look at it this way, the Soviets had overwhelming force and the technology while fighting the Afghan Mujaheddin during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. It wasn't a simple straight firefight as you are implying. Ask any Russian officer who served there. In the end, the Soviets had to withdraw with a humiliating defeat.

Even the Americans are having a hard time against the very same opponent to this very day. And that has been going on for over a decade now. The Afghans know their terrain far better than any foreigner would, and that is a fact. Yes, even though it is a rag tag army.

Know-how of the particular scenario with the correct combination of technology is what determines victory. And of-course, public support matters if you know what I mean :azn:

So answer me this, how well is the PLA acquainted with that aspect of warfare? I'm not looking for pictures of PLA equipment, but for you to explain.......how? I'm curious.

Give me a break. The PLA has already proved its mountain warfare fighting skills in 1962.

You pretend as if you have no recollection of history.

vBigA.jpg

The armored regiment conducts training in snowy Tianshan Mountains.

pw8y1.jpg

The armored regiment conducts training in snowy Tianshan Mountains.

Ya whats the use of modern kelvar technology etc when we attack u from heights?
We will be inducting attack choppers from next year or 2014.. Rafale and MKI are coming to NE... FINSAS is progressing, Brahmos in NE..
Technology gap is reducing my friend.. U have till 2018-20 to plan to attack... After that it will be near to impossible...
And no tank can ever be used in India china border anywere...
Many bragged China gonna attack in 2012, already 7th month, y there is no indication yet? :what: Members bragged here as usual? :blink:

China has an airforce three times larger and more modern than India's. Do you want me to post the video from one of your generals again? China will control the high ground.

Back
Top Bottom