What's new

India warns over UK plan to make visitors pay £3,000 bond

The point is: People from India are coming into the UK and breaking our laws. That in itself is not cordial.

All people coming from India are breaking the law? If not, why don't UK just punish only those who are breaking the law?

Compose yourself and read what i wrote from the beginning. Perhaps then you will realize the point i was trying to make, did i say at any point India can't take any counter action such as levy increased taxed on UK exports/imports etc, NO! What i did say is that throwing your toys out of the pram and calling one of the most open nations in the world racist as some have done here is just not on.

Absolutely, India should do that as it is her right as a sovereign state, as is the UK's to amend their immigration policy to suit their strategic needs.
Why we are mentioning the term "racist" here is due to the fact that it is for certain Nations and not for all. If you are going through immigration crisis then you have to make it equal for everyone.

Just to make an analogy, In Canada, recently immigration policy is undergoing through the changes and one of the main thrust was due to one of the agency, recruiting people speaking Mandarin/Cantonese as must condition. This is against the policy of Canada where knowing either English or French is mandatory. Now they reinforced this policy and made certain changes rather than blocking Chinese immigrants.

Lets take another hypothetical case of immigration, What if this policy gets change for one of the religion. Will you still consider it as internal matter.

Why we are mentioning the term "racist" here is due to the fact that it is for certain Nations and not for all. If you are going through immigration crisis then you have to make it equal for everyone.

Just to make an analogy, In Canada, recently immigration policy is undergoing through the changes and one of the main thrust was due to one of the agency, recruiting people speaking Mandarin/Cantonese as must condition. This is against the policy of Canada where knowing either English or French is mandatory. Now they reinforced this policy and made certain changes rather than blocking Chinese immigrants.

Lets take another hypothetical case of immigration, What if this policy gets change for one of the religion. Will you still consider it as internal matter.

Yes absolutely, if they want they can ban the Hijab like France did or just limit the number of mosques or the number of Muslims they let in, after all it's their bloody country. I have no problems with that, none at all.

I personally have no bad stories of my time in the UK, but that's just me. Anyway, i think the racism card is not really applicable here, regarding the rules, it's their country, their rules really we can't say or do anything about them. Just like PRISIM. What you can do as a country if it suited you, would be to levy taxes on trade etc, make it harder for UK businesses to operate in your country etc.

Now your are struck like a broken record. It would have been none of India's business if the rule did not mention India by name. Once it did, India becomes a party. We will reciprocate but diplomacy need to be given first chance.

Pride

It is not an open policy.

Japanese are not stupid.

Why would they open a can of worms.

You haven't acknowledge my assertion - And so according to you, it a country is RACIST to all. it is acceptable.

If they did not mentioned it on Policy then it is not point of my discussion. What You and I believe does not matter unless they have policy for the same. Period.

All people coming from India are breaking the law? If not, why don't UK just punish only those who are breaking the law?
Because once they have broken the law, they become ghosts, don't pay any taxes and live below the radar.
Prevention is better than cure.
It aims to weed out those who plan to break the law.

Yes absolutely, if they want they can ban the Hijab like France did or just limit the number of mosques or the number of Muslims they let in, after all it's their bloody country. I have no problems with that, none at all.

Comparisons are not certainly equal but if you think you dont have right of protest then I have no issues at all. My perspective is totally different and I cannot digest that one skilled engineer from India has to pay bond to come to UK while other less skilled is free to immigrate. How amazing it solves immigration policy?

Thirdfront,

Of course you can and welcome to work/visit/study in Japan.

The example I gave was about citizenship which Japan is well known to be very selective. Selective is the key word. It is not an open policy. So you won't be able to find it anywhere.

Since you have friends in Japan, perhaps you can ask them.

I noticed there was at least one member here with a Indian and a Japanese flag. I don't remember the handle.

But the point is immigration policy is an internet affair. It is non of other countries' business.

You wouldn't want Zambobwe to tell your country what to do either.

Fine Pride.

Keep fuming.

Nobody would care.

Because once they have broken the law, they become ghosts, don't pay any taxes and live below the radar.

many Brits come here in India for cheap tourist locations and weeds as well as there are people come here for Heath tourism. How if we start treating all of them with same stick and put a RFID to everyone?

You are back to square one. Arrest all black people (or muslims or protestants or which ever group you please) as they are more probably be involved in crime... very convenient isn't it? except that is exactly the definition of racism.

Comparisons are not certainly equal but if you think you dont have right of protest then I have no issues at all. My perspective is totally different and I cannot digest that one skilled engineer from India has to pay bond to come to UK while other less skilled is free to immigrate. How amazing it solves immigration policy?

Their country, their rules. What part of that are you finding hard to comprehend. That engineer from India/Pakistan/Nigeria can look elsewhere.

Now your are struck like a broken record. It would have been none of India's business if the rule did not mention India by name. Once it did, India becomes a party. We will reciprocate but diplomacy need to be given first chance.

It is their country, you cannot force a nation to change it's national policy. You can change your own national policy in protest, that is called diplomacy.

many Brits come here in India for cheap tourist locations and weeds as well as there are people come here for Heath tourism. How if we start treating all of them with same stick and put a RFID to everyone?
You want to stop us from coming because you have cheap tourist locations?
Why would we go to India when the NHS is free? If we want quality then we can nip over to France.
But hey it's your country feel free to change your immigration policy.

Thirdfront,

Of course you can and welcome to work/visit/study in Japan.

The example I gave was about citizenship which Japan is well known to be very selective. Selective is the key word. It is not an open policy. So you won't be able to find it anywhere.

Since you have friends in Japan, perhaps you can ask them.

I noticed there was at least one member here with a Indian and a Japanese flag. I don't remember the handle.

But the point is immigration policy is an internet affair. It is non of other countries' business.

You wouldn't want Zambobwe to tell your country what to do either.

Fine Pride.

Keep fuming.

Nobody would care.

The internal policies get changes in due course of time and I am waiting to see reciprocation by GoI. If GoI and other governments do not take any measures about Diplomatic ties or Economic trades with UK then certainly nothing can be done.

Though, such policies come and go after facing the consequences or for Political benefits. Just see what happened Below to Canada and what is going to happen in recent time.

You are back to square one. Arrest all black people (or muslims or protestants or which ever group you please) as they are more probably be involved in crime... very convenient isn't it? except that is exactly the definition of racism.
Haha, no one is being arrested. You can still come to the UK.
It's not based on race either, so it is not racist.

Back
Top Bottom