What's new

India warns over UK plan to make visitors pay £3,000 bond

LOL most of the worlds nations are highly selective on whom they allow into their nation. I dont understand why you dont apply the same standards to far more important nations like Saudi Arabia, Japan, etc?

Nope. They aren't and they shouldn't.
On a side topic, US learned that hard way how citizens of "most important" countries like SAarabia will benefit it after 9/11.

Thirdfront

It is a free world. You are not a slave to the UK. India is not enslaved by the UK.

If you or your country feel you are being slighted by the UK, you have many optiorns to make the UK known it is not acceptable. Whining is not one.

You can recall all the students back to India.
You can pull you investments from the UK.
You can make the UK visitors to put down a security deposit.
You can even recall your ambassador.

Show some backbone.

Or we can make this racist law go away...

^^^

If you view this law as a racist law, then it is TO YOU.

If you don't want to feel being slighted, work on YOURSELF.

And btw, this is not law, it's an immigration policy set up by the ministry.

Thirdfront

It is a free world. You are not a slave to the UK. India is not enslaved by the UK.

If you or your country feel you are being slighted by the UK, you have many optiorns to make the UK known it is not acceptable. Whining is not one.

You can recall all the students back to India.
You can pull you investments from the UK.
You can make the UK visitors to put down a security deposit.
You can even recall your ambassador.

Show some backbone.

Diplomatic action comes later, First you have to register a protest. This is what is done by GoI. What action has to be taken can be decided later.

Why is everyone jumping up and down about this i don't really know, read between the lines this will only apply for business/tourist and leisure visitors to the UK, it will not apply for H1 Sponsor "Work Visas" and Student Visas. I think it is a very fair and balanced approach to their immigration crisis.

^^^

If you view this law as a racist law, then it is TO YOU.

If you don't want to feel being slighted, work on YOURSELF.

Off-course, actual racist will not feel that he is racist now, does he? We are working for our-selves, and first step would be to strongly tell the racist to desist from racism. If he doesn't, then we will see the next step.

Why is everyone jumping up and down about this i don't really know, read between the lines this will only apply for business/tourist and leisure visitors to the UK, it will not apply for H1 Sponsor "Work Visas" and Student Visas. I think it is a very fair and balanced approach to their immigration crisis.

Ok let go by your calculation, If I am going for 1 week for Business/Tourism in UK. Approximately, I can book Return ticket for 1 in 400 pd, Hotel 800 pd, Food 300 pd and other miscellaneous expenses 500 pd. which comes 2000 pds. Now to spend 2000 pounds for a week, I have to give 3000 pounds in advance. Why??

^^^

This new policy has to do with the UK immigration. It is their internal affairs.

When in Rome, do what the Romans do.
Else stay home.

From when did UK start issuing H1 visa? Also, it shouldn't matter.. discrimination based on country of origin should be resisted except under threat for national security...

^^^

This new policy has to do with the UK immigration. It is their internal affairs.

Else stay home.

Your analysis is Apple Vs Oranges. We are protesting the ideology behind the immigration rule and as a part of Sovereign Nation India has full rights to protest against "Racist" rules meant for certain nationals.

IF it is only "Internal matter" then apartheid in South Africa would be right according to your logic.

^^^
^^^^
Let me give you an example.

As we all know, it is almost impossible to get a citizenship in Japan if you are a foreigner. It doesn't matter how long you have been in Japan, even if you are married to a Japanese citizen.

Would you protest to Japan this is a racist law? Good luck with that.

Oh I want to add, even your children that were born in Japan, or by a Japanese partner may be claim Japanese citizenship.

Again Third front.

Just don't go. Period.

Ok let go by your calculation, If I am going for 1 week for Business/Tourism in UK. Approximately, I can book Return ticket for 1 in 400 pd, Hotel 800 pd, Food 300 pd and other miscellaneous expenses 500 pd. which comes 2000 pds. Now to spend 2000 pounds for a week, I have to give 3000 pounds in advance. Why??

Then don't go, that is the cost of doing business in the UK, it is their country and they are genuinely facing an immigration crisis. If you do not like this then you have a choice of say doing business with Brussels instead and you will see just how lenient the UK are on border controls.

And the end of the day their country is facing an immigration crisis because people are coming in and not leaving, they don't have enough jobs or homes for their own population and now they have a serious issue of free movement from people within the EU zone including Poland, Romania, Bulgaria etc... These people will come to the UK, 90% of the time will take the lower paid jobs away from the indigenous population and drive up net unemployment, the remittances they will send back to their homes in x country will not be transferred via banks nor will they be taxed on this, hence the UK will loose out.

Couple this with the fact the the UK has a serious issue where people come for something called "Health Tourism" to avail the free services offered by their national health service, moreover due to the nature of their health service they are duty bound to treat you without an insurance card being present on your person. This leads to bills that are left unpaid and the UK taxpayer will have to foot this, which is fair how?

In the long run these "grey" workers have a serious detrimental impact on the economy and overall outlook for a country, take Australia for example Post 2005 they implemented some stringent immigration measures and now they are not doing so bad.

Recommended Reading on this issue is available on the UKBA and Home Office website. I for one like the change.

From when did UK start issuing H1 visa? Also, it shouldn't matter.. discrimination based on country of origin should be resisted except under threat for national security...

Sorry i am used to the old US H1B so i got confused the UK Equivalent will be HSMP T1 / T2.

^^^

Else stay home.

Exactly, i don't really understand why anyone should be concerned with their immigration rules, it's their bloody country.

It stopped being their internal affairs when they included India's name in the rule. Now it is a bilateral issue.....

Lol what, man please stop being silly.

^^^
^^^^
Let me give you an example.

As we all know, it is almost impossible to get a citizenship in Japan if you are a foreigner. It doesn't matter how long you have been in Japan, even if you are married to a Japanese citizen.

Would you protest to Japan this is a racist law? Good luck with that.

Again Third front.

Just don't go. Period.

This is not racist, this is their policy and equal to all. It does not give brownie points to Americans Vs Asians. Issue is of nitpicking.

LMAO.. is it your standard response if you don't know how to answer to the point?

No i am being very serious, You cannot dictate immigration policy to any state. That is a internal matter, sorry to say but you are very wrong on this one and if you think otherwise, i would strongly urge you to consult someone who has a fundamental understanding of administrative and constitutional law.

Back
Top Bottom