What's new

India warns over UK plan to make visitors pay £3,000 bond

What would you have us do?

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." ...........Nothing that your conscious does not tell you to do.

Do you think it would be fair, if we charged everyone including people from say Iceland. Whose people have done no wrong?

:lol: ...... so you think its fair to treat all India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana and Nigeria as potential criminals ?

It has nothing to do with race anyway. It's not because your skin colour is different it is because your economic state is different.
I.e you think you can achieve a better life in the UK.

:disagree: ..... ..the its strange coincidence that all of target nations where black/brown and poor. You a big believer in coincidence ? :azn:

It is a simple cost/benefit calculation.

They figured that the amount of money being spent by low-income tourists was a lot less than the damage caused by illegal immigrants.

Since if those visitors can't afford a £3000 pound bond, then they won't be spending much in tourism anyway.

Also, such an entry requirement would spawn a "bail bondsman" like industry that would put up the fee for a non-refundable amount that is less than the 3,000 pounds, say 500 pounds.

UK is not a hot favorite destination for Indian students anymore, apart from MBA grads in 3-4 premier institutions.

........but the funny part was see Indians say they see nothing wrong with this .....they even got a couple of thanks :angel:

If there was any institute that trained people to have self respect and a little dignity .....I would have loved to pay the fees and admit some of these fellow Indians ...:coffee:

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." ...........Nothing that your conscious does not tell you to do.

:lol: ...... so you think its fair to treat all India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana and Nigeria as potential criminals ?

:disagree: ..... ..the its strange coincidence that all of target nations where black/brown and poor. You a big believer in coincidence ? :azn:

Yes, I do think it is fair. We are targeting those countries most likely to commit crimes.
If a murder has been committed in a city, would you conduct raids everywhere? Or in areas which are crime hot spots?
In a way everyone is a potential criminal. Everyone is searched at airports.etc
It's not like your being persecuted. The 3 grand is essentially a deposit which you will get back. No different to renting a bike.

It is no coincidence that you are black and poor as historically you were suppressed and subjected to racism.
Now you are being targeted not because you are black but because you are poor ad therefore more likely to overstay your visa.

It is no coincidence that you are black and poor as historically you were suppressed and subjected to racism.
Now you are being targeted not because you are black but because you are poor ad therefore more likely to overstay your visa.

To clarify, they are not "black".

I think brown is more correct, if a colour has to be used.

Yes, I do think it is fair. We are targeting those countries most likely to commit crimes.
If a murder has been committed in a city, would you conduct raids everywhere? Or in areas which are crime hot spots?
In a way everyone is a potential criminal. Everyone is searched at airports.etc
It's not like your being persecuted. The 3 grand is essentially a deposit which you will get back. No different to renting a bike.

:lol: ........I think you have made yourself amply loud and clear.

You have just confirmed to me that since most criminals in American Jails are Blacks and Hispanics .......they should be treated like criminals and Whites Europeans should be given tax rebates for being such good citizens :cheesy:

:wave: .......we don't have anything more to debate.

To clarify, they are not "black".

I think brown is more correct, if a colour has to be used.

:P ..... that's quite all right. No need for you to stretch your political correctness :smart: ....I don't have a problem of being called black. I have been called a lot worse in pdf :partay:

He used the term first, so I thought it okay.
Besides no one is truly black/white.
I am more of a pinky colour. :)

Lucky you ......;)

:lol: ........I think you have made yourself amply loud and clear.

You have just confirmed to me that since most criminals in American Jails are Blacks and Hispanics .......they should be treated like criminals and Whites Europeans should be given tax rebates for being such good citizens :cheesy:

:wave: .......we don't have anything more to debate.

Well no. That would no doubt be breaching their rights as US citizens.
Whereas we are talking about people not even living in our country yet.
Selective immigration already takes place across the world. People with better qualifications are more likely to get in.

If you read again. I don't actually mention anything about treating races differently.

He used the term first, so I thought it okay.
Besides no one is truly black/white.
I am more of a pinky colour. :)

That's true. :tup:

It is rare for any human to really have colours that are pure white or black, not sure why.

My hair looks black (like most Chinese people) but under sunlight it is actually very dark brown.

And if I don't get a suntan, my skin sometimes goes pink as well. Which just means a lack of colour, because it faintly shows the arteries underneath the skin.

Black people as well, are never truly black, just shades of dark brown.

Well no. That would no doubt be breaching their rights as US citizens.
Whereas we are talking about people not even living in our country yet.
Selective immigration already takes place across the world. People with better qualifications are more likely to get in.

If you read again. I don't actually mention anything about treating races differently.

....citizen rights can also be changed like visa rules :rolleyes: Its has been done before .......and no doubt, it will be done in the future too.

The debate was more about the principle involved. In any case I know where you stand on this and do not wish to continue this further with you. :wave:

....citizen rights can also be changed like visa rules :rolleyes: Its has been done before .......and no doubt, it will be done in the future too.

The debate was more about the principle involved. In any case I know where you stand on this and do not wish to continue this further with you. :wave:
Haha, we'll see how long the US gov lasts after changing the rights of just blacks and Hispanics.
Whereas we are at perfect liberty to decide who we let into our country.
Perhaps you should address your own countries concerns before criticising and pretending to 'know' me.
After all these criminals are coming from your country.
:wave:

Haha, we'll see how long the US gov lasts after changing the rights of just blacks and Hispanics.
Whereas we are at perfect liberty to decide who we let into our country.
Perhaps you should address your own countries concerns before criticising and pretending to 'know' me.
After all these criminals are coming from your country.
:wave:

We all know you'r pink :ashamed: ............. and a few other things you were kind enough to share. :mamba:

This is what Mr. Cameron said in Feb 2013 and what he has done :angel: :omghaha:

David Cameron: We will ease visa rules to allow more Indians to work here

DAVID Cameron indicated yesterday that UK visa restrictions could be eased for workers from India - despite the Government's drive to curb the annual net influx of immigrants.

He was flying to India last night at the head of the largest trade delegation ever taken abroad by a British prime minister.

Before leaving, he promised Britain would continue to welcome an unlimited number of the brightest immigrants.

His remarks follow a bitter row within the Coalition over immigration policy.

Mr Cameron sought to reassure Indians that his pledge to tighten controls will not stop the brightest immigrants heading to the UK. In an interview with the Hindustan Times newspaper, he said: "A fundamental part of our enduring relationship with India has always been our people-topeople ties.

"We run our largest visa operation in the world in India, processing over 400,000 visa applications a year and granting nine out of 10.

"Of course, it's right that we have proper and fair controls in place to tackle illegal immigration.

But we will continue to offer a warm welcome to all those who genuinely want to come to the UK to succeed and make a positive contribution to our society.

"I'm also determined to ensure the service we offer Indian businesses encourages them to invest in Britain.

We already have more visa application centres in India than any other country and we offer a wide range of bespoke visa services to travellers.

"But I think there's more we can do here. I hope we can put an even more attractive offer on the table during this trip."

Brightest Mr Cameron also made clear that he wants thousands of Indian students to head to British universities, despite the immigration crackdown.

The Prime Minister said: "I'm very clear I want the brightest and best Indian students to come and study in the UK."

He added: "We need to get our message out loud and clear. There is no limit on the number of students who can come from India to study at British universities.

"All you need is a basic English qualification and a university place." He also said his plan for a referendum on Britain's EU membership will not hit our role as a link between India and Europe.

He said: "Britain is the investment gateway to the EU, with more Indian investment in the UK than in the rest of the EU combined. The vision I set out is all about keeping it that way."
More than 100 business leaders and senior officials from universities and arts organisations were expected to accompany Mr Cameron on the three-day tour of Mumbai and Delhi.

The intention is to build new trade links with one of the world's fastest-growing economies.

India is forecast to be the world's third largest economy by the middle of this century.

Trade deals due to be signed this week are expected to create around 500 new jobs in the UK and safeguard a further 2,000.

Firms taking part in the trade delegation include Rolls-Royce, defence giant BAE Systems, Virgin Atlantic, drinks company Diageo, Standard Life, JCB, and football's Premier League.

Mr Cameron's visit will also help launch a new network of British Business Centres across India.

David Cameron: We will ease visa rules to allow more Indians to work here | UK | News | Daily Express

Back
Top Bottom