What's new

India vs. South Africa Cricket Series

Excellent innings from Kallis. Has the 2nd highest number of 100s now.

It's highly unlikely that India can win from here. It's most likely a draw or a win for South Africa. I watched some parts of the game and this pitch is more like a day 6 pitch now. Lots of uneven bounce, puffs of dust, spin, etc. It will be hard for India to even draw this game. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

What is the latest on match. Unfortunately I couldn't follow it today.

Excellent innings from Kallis. Has the 2nd highest number of 100s now.

It's highly unlikely that India can win from here. It's most likely a draw or a win for South Africa. I watched some parts of the game and this pitch is more like a day 6 pitch now. Lots of uneven bounce, puffs of dust, spin, etc. It will be hard for India to even draw this game. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Agree with you

If Sehwag make run tomorrow than India can win otherwise other two (Lose, Draw) possible

Its typically the clash of titans, really the battle between No. 1 & No. 2

Looking forward to see Sewag to play a dazzling innings else a draw probably coz SA has no good spinners and its 5th day..

What moral victory? gone are the days when there used to be morals in cricket. You win, lose or draw. However I expect a good match open for both teams.

To draw a series against No. 2 side in their home in alien conditions surely boost your moral and you qualifies to be termed as real champions.

SA made 362 in 112.5 overs at 3.21 RPO.
Ind made 364 in 117.1 overs at 3.11 RPO
SA made 341 in 102 overs at 3.34 RPO
If India wins it has to score 339 in 90 overs at 3.76 RPO
Hopefully weather will remain clear and 90 overs can be bowled. Required run rate is on much higher side but not impossible, a lot will depend on Indian openers to set pace and tone of Indian innings. If they don't lose wicket and score at good pace in first hour, India has a chance if they are bogged in first hour then they have to strive for a draw. I think Sehwag and Ghambir are capable for making it an equalizer. IMO India stand 30-35 % chances of win at the moment.

Good Luck !!!

Lets play out the first session with caution. If we can reach the third session with just the loss of 1/2 wickets and 200 runs on the board, I think we have a chance.

^^^

This is a goner mate.... Just hope that they can atleast survive three testing sessions for a draw.

we need to go for win and make them defensive....because if they see us to play for draw..they will put a hell of a pressure.. offense is the best defence

Sreesanth fined for misbehaviour

126655.2.jpg

Sreesanth, the India fast bowler, has been fined 10% of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during the fourth day's play at Newlands. Sreesanth pleaded guilty to committing a Level 1 offence, relating to "abuse of cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings."

Sreesanth kicked the boundary after two appeals in the same over were turned down by the umpire; the on-field umpires Simon Taufel and Ian Gould, the third umpire Brian Jerling and the fourth umpire Shaun George subsequently reported the matter to match referee Andy Pycroft. No hearing was required as Sreesanth accepted the decision and pleaded guilty.

It was a frustrating day for Sreesanth who went wicketless in his 24 overs while Jacques Kallis, Mark Boucher and the tail stepped up to overcome the loss of early wickets and put South Africa in control by stumps.

South Africa v India: Sreesanth fined for misbehaviour | Cricket News | South Africa v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Now u cant kick the boundary rope.. u can gently use ur hand and pat it if u like... :disagree:

Lets play out the first session with caution. If we can reach the third session with just the loss of 1/2 wickets and 200 runs on the board, I think we have a chance.

I think this is not practicable, you want Indians to score 200 runs in about 30 overs, mind you there are no fielding and bowling restriction like T20 matches. fielding team can use bowlers of their choice, bowl bouncers, no advantage on leg side wide and place maximum fielders on boundaries and force batsmen to run for every score. IMO if India wants to win then they have to set pace right in the beginning where the have chance and good potential

I think this is not practicable, you want Indians to score 200 runs in about 30 overs, mind you there are no fielding and bowling restriction like T20 matches. fielding team can use bowlers of their choice, bowl bouncers, no advantage on leg side wide and place maximum fielders on boundaries and force batsmen to run for every score. IMO if India wants to win then they have to set pace right in the beginning where the have chance and good potential

I mentioned two sessions. So around 60 overs. Saving the match should be our first priority but if we are in a strong position by the start of the 3rd session, we should go for it.

I mentioned two sessions. So around 60 overs. Saving the match should be our first priority but if we are in a strong position by the start of the 3rd session, we should go for it.

Irrespective of its result ,I hope it will be a very absorbing day on day 5.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom