What's new

India vs. South Africa Cricket Series

you mean this..?

126465.jpg

Absolutely. I was watching it live and could not believe he can produce such a gem.

The ball just jabbed and rose from good length and caught Kallis offguard.

Not a sight to be seen from Indian bowlers on regular basis.

Kallis would have nightmares of this ball for a long time to come.

Thrashing or drubbing is watever u call was the one like india got in first test.This test is like india just scrapped through and somehow managed to win.

Yes, thats the sign of true champions. When the chips are down, just to hang on and then come victorious.

This test is a true example of such a case. How many of us would have given it to India at the end of Day1? and see who is laughing at the end.( well I know its not you though :D )

Good effort by the indians, congrats to them. One thing I would like to point out would be the 2 umpiring decisions that went wrong for the Safers today, one when AB was on the crease and the other when Boucher was bating. Nothing to take away from the indian team, umpiring error ofcourse. And ICC should very seriously look into it. Off late we have seen a pattern of sh1tty decisions specially from the elite panel Umpires. They should make the replay system mandatory, as it makes allot of difference.

Absolutely agree. Though today those two went our way, it could have gone the other way too. One wrong decision can seal the fate of a test match. UDRS should be made mandatory, Donno whats wrong with BCCI.

Well he did not get out of that ball though, but happy to see that :D

BTW have you seen the ball before Harris got out? He just stopped Zaheer on his runup for nothing, irritating him in the mean process and then next ball was a gem :D
Pitching on line and reversing away to kiss the off stump on the way.

That ball could have troubled much better batsmen than harris

Well he did not get out of that ball though, but happy to see that :D

BTW have you seen the ball before Harris got out? He just stopped Zaheer on his runup for nothing, irritating him in the mean process and then next ball was a gem :D
Pitching on line and reversing away to kiss the off stump on the way.

That ball could have troubled much better batsmen than harris

126467.jpg

Although the report was long, it has lot of statistics to prove that economic development and sport performance are positively correlated.

I think you are misinterpreting GDP per Captia with the health of overall economy. China is a good example. Even with a per capita GDP of around USD 3500, they are a sporting giant. Again there is also the question of intent and interest. Britain is a good example of this

Yes, I agree with you about the correlation thing. Even that small correlation would make hell of a difference

Again, you may know that correlation is not causation. May be a third variable such as confidence or job security that are resulting from healthy economic growth are causing a better sporting performance

Mate I don't see how health of overall economy should make a difference. Because the sport infrastructure depends on GDP per capita and sport interest, not on overall health of economy.

Also, not sure how confidence or job security or any third variable is at play here. The thing is, we'd look at the third variable if the correlation was strong. I think it's a weak correlation, maybe 0.2. I think you and RajKumar are looking too much into this. Look, if what you were saying is true, then every developed country should have good sporting team AT ALL TIMES and ever poor country should have bad teams AT ALL TIMES.

Thrashing or drubbing is watever u call was the one like india got in first test.This test is like india just scrapped through and somehow managed to win.

dude can you tell me anything you like about india, i am not asking about cricket any thing thing that comes to your mind?

Mate I don't see how health of overall economy should make a difference. Because the sport infrastructure depends on GDP per capita and sport interest, not on overall health of economy.

Also, not sure how confidence or job security or any third variable is at play here. The thing is, we'd look at the third variable if the correlation was strong. I think it's a weak correlation, maybe 0.2. I think you and RajKumar are looking too much into this. Look, if what you were saying is true, then every developed country should have good sporting team AT ALL TIMES and ever poor country should have bad teams AT ALL TIMES.

dude, you are putting too much stress on the co-relation co-officiant provide by the article. they used statistical model which do not consider abstract variables(such as emotional drive, incentive perception, ambition level, risk factor etc) because they are not easy to quantify and vary too much from place to place and country to country. in developing countries these factors contribute a lot that is why result would be more correlated in the given case if you put all these factors into model.
your argument of developed countries comes in to consideration when some of the variable data saturates it self thus variables lose its importance.

A overall higher GDP would give the government a better hand in allocating resources, as China been proving through higher allocation on most things compared to developed world even thought China is at best a lower middle income country.

As I said intent and interest also play a major role in country spending resources on sports, it is always not correct to say that developed country should have good sporting team all the time.

Again a secure future would make a sport person concentrate more on sports than on other things, hence a better performance

That a team is much harder to beat at home. You should know that. You and Bangladesh beat them at home. If Bangladesh were playing them in NZ then it'd be 4-0 other way. Besides, again it's T20. Anything can happen.

well india recently beat nz in nz in both test n odi

Yes I know. Pakistan is obviously no longer that strong. Though I expect test series and ODI series to be much closer. My point is about T20s though. Anything happens in T20. It's not predictable. ODIs and Tests are much more predictable.

126465.jpg

Jacques Kallis tries in vain to survive a bouncer from Sreesanth

Back
Top Bottom