What's new

India vs Pakistan Artillery comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kas4d8S.jpg

@Dazzler @niaz @Khafee

Anyone know about the vehicle in between Saad APC and T-80 UD?

Another dick measuring contest ... hmm
How so?
The author is making a fair comparison and I'm not saying that it's fair bcuz the article concluded that Pakistan has somewhat of a numerical superiority in artillery. I would think the same if it concluded that superiority about India as long as it was based on facts and took all things into account.

Last edited:
If @Zarvan or @DESERT FIGHTER said it happened, it happened.
Zarvan and Desert fighter also believed there were 500'600 Ak Khalid only to get busted as it got revealed there 're only 320-330 of them.

Mr. @Gregor Clegane Don't you think you have been humiliated here. o_O:what::eek:
Waiting for an educated reply from you sir.
Zero source than my papa has them.

upgraded in US and Pakistan, overhaulled in Taxila !
Zero sources mentioning any upgrade.

Zero source than my papa has them.

Zero sources mentioning any upgrade.

You're completely right my friend, these Pakistanis are just trying to deceive us again! Just look at how the howitzer just changes color in the pics they posted:

In one pic 5 men sitting on top of it and in the second they are standing in front, who are they trying to fool :cheesy::rofl::rofl:

it's from 2016 wierdo

Panthers are and likely to remain in service for a while
the guy needs to post something to prove they have been retired, the burden of proof lies on him not us..i never seen such a lame argument

on the thread, not surprising, i have said time and again that the army and navy sub department has been doing good with vs to vs respect and regarding its doctrine, its the air force that is suffering really bad and that too recently since 1990s, where indian air force added over 400 4th gen aircraft we have just added a few sq of f-16s and 70 odd thunders, unfortunately artillery can easily be wiped out by a superior air force

whether its used f-16 , j-10s or accelerating jf-17s, something needs to be done ASAP and army needs to sacrifice some of its portion for air force one way or the other, otherwise it would be a disaster similarly to 1971 navy disaster on the western front

this also shows that india simply doesnt has the equipment for cold start doctrine, it will need massive artillery updates (which is going on on fast pace given indigneous new products being tested and BAE ultralight howziter) and more upgrade to its airforce

@Gregor Clegane @Jinn Baba @Ulla and others.. not sure if this helps your little debate, but here goes:
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/pakistan-requests-115-m109a5-selfpropelled-howitzers-01645/

this is from feb 2010:
India’s artillery replacement programs may be stuck, but Pakistan has had more success. On Dec 16/05, The US Defense Security Cooperation Agency announced
external.png
[PDF] Pakistan’s official request to buy 115 used M109A5 155mm self-propelled howitzers
external.png
as well as spare and repair parts, support and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, Quality Assurance Team, and other support. The total value, if all options are exercised, was stated as $56 million.

On Feb 13/10, the US Embassy in Islamabad announced
external.png
delivery of the last 48 upgraded M109A5s, to the Malir Cantonment in Karachi. This completed the 115 vehicle order. As the release noted: “The FMS/FMF case was initiated by Pakistan in 2006 and enabled the Government of Pakistan to obtain the cannons from the United States at a greatly discounted rate.”

That is true because the equipment was already in storage, and considered to be surplus. No contractor was involved, just a Technical Assistance Field Team (TAFT) and U.S. Government Quality Assurance Team for 1 year to check out the equipment, followed by 2-week TAFT intervals twice annually, to participate in program management and technical reviews. Pakistan already operated earlier model M109A2 self-propelled howitzers. They used this buy to re-equip existing units, and retire older artillery pieces.

question is: what units did Pakistan retire?

How so?
The author is making a fair comparison and I'm not saying that it's fair bcuz the article concluded that Pakistan has somewhat of a numerical superiority in artillery. I would think the same if it concluded that superiority about India as long as it was based on facts and took all things into account.

Such threads leads nowhere but trolling fest...

@Gregor Clegane @Jinn Baba @Ulla and others.. not sure if this helps your little debate, but here goes:
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/pakistan-requests-115-m109a5-selfpropelled-howitzers-01645/

this is from feb 2010:
India’s artillery replacement programs may be stuck, but Pakistan has had more success. On Dec 16/05, The US Defense Security Cooperation Agency announced
external.png
[PDF] Pakistan’s official request to buy 115 used M109A5 155mm self-propelled howitzers
external.png
as well as spare and repair parts, support and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, Quality Assurance Team, and other support. The total value, if all options are exercised, was stated as $56 million.

On Feb 13/10, the US Embassy in Islamabad announced
external.png
delivery of the last 48 upgraded M109A5s, to the Malir Cantonment in Karachi. This completed the 115 vehicle order. As the release noted: “The FMS/FMF case was initiated by Pakistan in 2006 and enabled the Government of Pakistan to obtain the cannons from the United States at a greatly discounted rate.”

That is true because the equipment was already in storage, and considered to be surplus. No contractor was involved, just a Technical Assistance Field Team (TAFT) and U.S. Government Quality Assurance Team for 1 year to check out the equipment, followed by 2-week TAFT intervals twice annually, to participate in program management and technical reviews. Pakistan already operated earlier model M109A2 self-propelled howitzers. They used this buy to re-equip existing units, and retire older artillery pieces.

question is: what units did Pakistan retire?

None those were given to existing regiments.. While the older A2s were upgraded by HIT... Which has an upgrade/rebuild factory for the M109s.

Don't think they raised any new SP regiment .. @Sarge

HAD.
India is focused on K9 Thunder to rapidly raise SPA fleet .............
India ha around 190+ units of Gvozdika and abbot SPH

K9 thunder will only replace them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom