What's new

India vs Pakistan Artillery comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know the counts Pakistan India maintains here but surely India will be having much larger numbers.

All upgrades by US are always mentioned in DSCA.

Turkey never operated M109.
Yes still a country can give you things which can help you in upgrading an Artillery System. It doesn't have to be orignal maker

I really don't know the counts Pakistan India maintains here but surely India will be having much larger numbers.
Indian Artillery is in seriously bad condition. Due not procuring any main Artillery Gun in past 30 years they have faced massive issues now they are going to start procuring again

Yes still a country can give you things which can help you in upgrading an Artillery System. It doesn't have to be orignal maker

Indian Artillery is in seriously bad condition. Due not procuring any main Artillery Gun in past 30 years they have faced massive issues now they are going to start procuring again

In bad condition - makes sense but ain't they getting lighter in weight aluminium made artilleries from US to replaced the crap ones ?

In bad condition - makes sense but ain't they getting lighter in weight aluminium made artilleries from US to replaced the crap ones ?
Apart from M777 we have also started producing 155mm/45cal indigenous Dhanush and K9 vajra SPH order has been placed . . . DRDO ATAGS is also in the final stage of trials. . . Dhanush and ATAGS were displayed in yesterday's Republic day parade.

And if i am not wrong its mostly titanium not aluminium !!!

We don't get all the upgrades from USA and trust me even USA doesn't reveal everything they do or give to other countries
USA is extremely transparent when it comes to military transfers.
It has nothing to gain by hiding artillery upgrades.

Indian Artillery is in seriously bad condition. Due not procuring any main Artillery Gun in past 30 years they have faced massive issues now they are going to start procuring agai
Other than a few panters and old second hand M109, Pakistan has not acquired any major artillery gun in past 15-16 years.
Transfers of major conventional weapons: sorted by supplier. Deals with deliveries or orders made for year range 2000 to 2015

Note: The �No. delivered/produced� and the �Year(s) of deliveries� columns refer to all deliveries since the beginning of the contract. Deals in which the recipient was involved in the production of the weapon system are listed separately. The �Comments� column includes publicly reported information on the value of the deal. Information on the sources and methods used in the collection of the data, and explanations of the conventions, abbreviations and acronyms, can be found at URL <http://www.sipri.org/contents/armstrad/at_data.html>. The SIPRI Arms Transfers Database is continuously updated as new information becomes available.

Source: SIPRI Arms Transfers Database

Information generated: 27 January 2017

Supplier/ Year Year(s) No.
recipient (R) No. Weapon Weapon of order/ of delivered/
or licenser (L) ordered designation description licence deliveries produced Comments

China

R:
(143) D-30 122mm Towed gun (2003) 2003-2004 143

Turkey

L: Pakistan (60) Panter 155mm Towed gun (2009) 2011-2013 (60)

R: Pakistan 12 Panter 155mm Towed gun (2007) 2008-2009 (12)

United States

R:
115 M-109A5 155mm Self-propelled gun 2006 2007-2010 (115) Second-hand; $87 m deal (incl $53-57 m 'FMF' aid)

USA is extremely transparent when it comes to military transfers.
It has nothing to gain by hiding artillery upgrades.

Other than a few panters and old second hand M109, Pakistan has not acquired any major artillery gun in past 15-16 years.
We have M109 and lots of them even few months back more came to Pakistan. We have Panters. We have A-100 MRL we also have upgraded K-100 MRL we have also have few other Artillery Guns and as we speak two wheel mounted Artillery Guns are going through trials and one will be selected and produced in Pakistan.

We have M109 and lots of them even few months back more came to Pakistan. We have Panters. We have A-100 MRL we also have upgraded K-100 MRL we have also have few other Artillery Guns and as we speak two wheel mounted Artillery Guns are going through trials and one will be selected and produced in Pakistan.
Last second hand M109 was delivered to Pakistan in 2010.
We too have Smerch, Pinaka, upgraded Grads.
Several artillery guns are under trial.
We have already ordered Dhanush & M777 with a deal for SPH with Korea soon.

Pakistan didn't retire any M109A2. These guns were upgraded to A5 standard.
@DESERT FIGHTER @Ulla @Dazzler any info regarding Panter in Pakistan?

All M-109s are upgraded to A5 standard.

Pakistan has retired almost all its 203mm guns.

Also Pakistan has retired the M109A2:

Nope, 203 mm (M110) are in active service..

qDDDI.jpg

DTAT7.jpg

qDDDI.jpg

DTAT7.jpg

Pakistan is looking for new artillery to replace these right? What's going on with that Serbian and Denel artillery pieces that they presented at IDEAS?

Pakistan is looking for new artillery to replace these right? What's going on with that Serbian and Denel artillery pieces that they presented at IDEAS?
No, we are not replacing them.
Serbian Nora & South African Danel T5-52 are new additions meant for North Punjab & Kashmir sector. (One will be selected)

qDDDI.jpg

DTAT7.jpg
Show them latest pics from past year parade.
Other wise they say that you are showing old stuff :D

Pak army M110 SPA.jpg

I know. I wanted to know about status of Panter.

No, we are not replacing them.
Serbian Nora & South African Danel T5-52 are new additions meant for North Punjab & Kashmir sector. (One will be selected)

Show them latest pics from past year parade.
Other wise they say that you are showing old stuff :D

View attachment 372463

I know. I wanted to know about status of Panter.

IMO Pakistan doesn't have enough panters. The number should be 200. Right now it's around 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom