QF 1 - Pakistan vs West Indies AT DHAKA

QF 2 - Sri lanka vs England AT COLOMBO

QF 3 - Australia vs India AT AHEMDABAD

QF 4 - New zealand vs south africa AT DHAKA

I expect This to happen

SF 1 - Pakistan Vs India AT mohali

SF 2 - Sri lanka vs south africa At colombo

Final - India Vs SL At Mumbai

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

QF 1 - Pakistan vs West Indies AT DHAKA

QF 2 - Sri lanka vs England AT COLOMBO

QF 3 - Australia vs India AT AHEMDABAD

QF 4 - New zealand vs south africa AT DHAKA

I expect This to happen

SF 1 - Pakistan Vs India AT mohali

SF 2 - Sri lanka vs south africa At colombo

Final - India Vs SL At Mumbai

Provided both beat their rivals....

One Pollard is enough to hammer Pakistani bowlers for massive sixes....
While WI has one (DS Smith) who has scored nearly 300 runs, Pakistan has none...
And before you forget the WI explosive Ravi Rampaul who took 5 for in his first WC-11...

But above all, the chances are more for Pakistan to go home early than for India :P

Pakistan has been playing better than India .

Tim Nielsen, Australia's coach, has said his team were hoping to meet India in the final of the World Cup, and would be treating their quarter-final against the tournament co-hosts in Ahmedabad on Thursday as a "mini-grand final". He said he was aware the atmosphere at Motera would be electric, and his players were looking forward to that.

In what way?

Pakistan Net RR +0.758
India Net RR +0.900

Let the public decide by above (cream of the coffee cup) aggregating all the matches..

India loses to Australia it will be out of the WC. Frankly speaking i have no hope of India qualifying for the semi finals against the aussies. On a side note there is this unusual hype created about India Pakistan matches. I would like to see any other country playing against Pakistan in the semi finals instead of India.

In what way?

You guys cant defend a 296 target against SA which speaks what position your blowing attack really is in. On the other hand we have been chasing targets. If Pakistan can set a good total, our balling attack is strong enough to decimate any team.

Kindly elaborate your statement -

Pakistan have done better bowling than India this tournament - But we have Performed well In batting than them

One Pollard is enough to hammer Pakistani bowlers for massive sixes....
What about One Afridi, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal or Razzaq?
While WI has one (DS Smith) who has scored nearly 300 runs, Pakistan has none...
Meanwhile Pakistan won more matches than West Indies. Pakistan believed in team contribution and not relied upon one or two players only
And before you forget the WI explosive Ravi Rampaul who took 5 for in his first WC-11...
Umar Gul and Shahid Afridi are among the highest wicket takers of the tournament with Afridi being the leading wicket taker of the tournament so far. Afridi got 5 wickets twice in the tournament and once 4 wicket haul was also completed. Too better for Rampaul
But above all, the chances are more for Pakistan to go home early than for India :P

The stats proves otherwise,

Australia won 29 matches against India and lost 13 matches with w/l ratio of 2.23 since 2000
Pakistan won 16 matches against West Indies since 2000 and lost 8 with w/l ratio of 2.00 since 2000

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Not just saying this as a good sport, but I REALLY want India to win.. We'd rather face you guys in semis than them

Watch out for Lee, that guy was damn unplayable

Kindly elaborate your statement -

Pakistan have done better bowling than India this tournament - But we have Performed well In batting than them
Besides Indian batting (that too only top order)

Indian team's reputation in this tournament has been pathetic so far

They weren't able to defend 338 runs target, weren't able to defend 296 and also would have been lost against West Indies if late burst of West Indies team had not occurred. It often happens with West Indies so i would take it as weakness of West Indies and not greatness of Indian bowlers in this regard.

You guys cant defend a 296 target against SA which speaks what position your blowing attack really is in. On the other hand we have been chasing targets. If Pakistan can set a good total, our balling attack is strong enough to decimate any team.

And you guys scored only 183 against minnows like canada , how the hell you think you gonna win against windies - cut the crap

It only depends on how a team plays against a team on a particular day .

Its is difficult for India to defeat aussies , But Not Impossiible.

In what way?

Pakistan Net RR +0.758
India Net RR +0.900

Let the public decide by above (cream of the coffee cup) aggregating all the matches..

their bowling and fielding has been better than india .india has done better in only batting .

Pakistan has defeated two good teams in this world cup i.e aus an sri lanka whereas india has defeated only one i.e west indies which is not even as good as australia or sri lanka . All this despite the fact that india played most of its games on home ground wheras pakistan hasplayed away from home .

This just proves that atleast till now Pakistan has done much better than India , rest time will tell . Please look at it with an unbiased mind .

Not just saying this as a good sport, but I REALLY want India to win.. We'd rather face you guys in semis than them

Watch out for Lee, that guy was damn unplayable

You are right, we will be able to defeat India but I don't think we can defeat Australia once again in the same tournament

Looky looky here:

17th Match, Group A: Canada v Pakistan at Colombo (RPS), Mar 3, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Pakistan just scored 184 runs (in which they got gift of 24 extras) that also against Canada - a minnow by all standard!
And you have the audacity to brag!

their bowling and fielding has been better than india .india has done better in only batting .

Pakistan has defeated two good teams in this world cup i.e aus an sri lanka whereas india has defeated only one i.e west indies which is not even as good as australia or sri lanka . All this despite the fact that india played most of its games on home ground wheras pakistan hasplayed away from home .

This just proves that atleast till now Pakistan has done much better than India , rest time will tell . Please look at it with an unbiased mind .

very well said,

very logical answer

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Looky looky here:

17th Match, Group A: Canada v Pakistan at Colombo (RPS), Mar 3, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Pakistan just scored 184 runs (in which they got gift of 24 extras) that also against Canada - a minnow by all standard!
And you have the audacity to brag!

But the point to notice is, we were successfully able to defend it by large margin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom