What's new

Featured India, US Close To Signing $700 Million Deal To Acquire 100 'GE 404' Engines For Tejas Mk1A Fighter Jets

Your ignorance doesn't automatically mean that Pak has no contribution in the design and development work of JF-17.

As far the laughing part, it's really strange how an Indian is wondering about that. Just tell me if a fighter plane is paraded on the back of a truck, isn't that a matter of world laughter competition? You Indians have proved yourselves time and again to be the laughing ash of the world.

Ok I'm ignorant.

Please enlighten me. List down the parts/ technologies that Pakistan designed and developed for the JF-17. I've asked this question so many times on various threads and each and every time Pakistanis evade the answer because the simple answer is..ZILCH.

For guys like you, one has to produce pics like this too..fools who cannot understand what a "tableau" at a parade means..

C1492.jpg

MiG-21 on a truck and Hawker Hunter on a truck behind it..

Gnat1968.jpg

Gnat on a truck

01251005323356th-Republic-Day-012605-Sipra-14.jpg

Mi-35b.jpg

Mi-35 on a truck

659-F18SQ13-000132.jpg

MiG-27M on a truck

Jaguar14.jpg

Jaguar IM on a truck..

Last edited:
It was always known that the Tejas would have an American engine since the Kaveri didn't meet the full requirements. Nothing new here. What this does is to allow India to get much closer to getting 83 Tejas Mk1As in service.

I find it amazing that people who gloat about the JF-17, for which their own nation did almost no development, and which uses a Russian engine are laughing about this. Your nation cannot even build another JF-17 Block 4 on your own and you talk about indigenous??

And i find it amazing that after i burst your bubble earlier, you still have the shameless capacity to come up with another self gloating story.
First of all it's you creatures who are never tired of chest thumping on how Tejas is totally indigenous.
No one said JF-17 is indigenous, anyone with brains can tell the pre-fix JF is for joint fighter. And your beleaguered mindset is obvious when you are blabbering nonsense about Block-4 while we are actually currently working on Block-3.....but that is understandable since you creatures just like to blabber and box above weight....Lols.

And please tell me, what exactly did YOUR nation do on the JF-17? What part did it develop? What technology? Can you develop another bigger version of the JF-17 by yourself? Heck, can you even design a JF-17 Blk 4? Lol..
Let me first enlighten you on what exactly is India's contribution towards the making of Tejas....and here you are commenting on JF-17.....apart from Russian engine what else can you find on it that is foreign....now read and weep.

And i find it amazing that after i burst your bubble earlier, you still have the shameless capacity to come up with another self gloating story.
First of all it's you creatures who are never tired of chest thumping on how Tejas is totally indigenous.
No one said JF-17 is indigenous, anyone with brains can tell the pre-fix JF is for joint fighter. And your beleaguered mindset is obvious when you are blabbering nonsense about Block-4 while we are actually currently working on Block-3.....but that is understandable since you creatures just like to blabber and box above weight....Lols.

Let me first enlighten you on what exactly is India's contribution towards the making of Tejas....and here you are commenting on JF-17.....apart from Russian engine what else can you find on it that is foreign....now read and weep.

What should you be called to quote a 20 yrs old opinion on developing aircraft???

What should you be called to quote a 20 yrs old opinion on developing aircraft???
I know exactly what to call you since you seem ignorant to address the original argument.
Let me ask you, forget 20 years, F-16 first flew almost 50 years earlier, today if some country starts producing them, can they term it indigenous. Tejas virtually had inputs from all major aircraft manufacturers and even in 2021, it's considered only 50% indigenious.

Ok I'm ignorant.

Please enlighten me. List down the parts/ technologies that Pakistan designed and developed for the JF-17. I've asked this question so many times on various threads and each and every time Pakistanis evade the answer because the simple answer is..ZILCH.

For guys like you, one has to produce pics like this too..fools who cannot understand what a "tableau" at a parade means..

C1492.jpg

MiG-21 on a truck and Hawker Hunter on a truck behind it..

Gnat1968.jpg

Gnat on a truck

01251005323356th-Republic-Day-012605-Sipra-14.jpg

Mi-35b.jpg

Mi-35 on a truck

659-F18SQ13-000132.jpg

MiG-27M on a truck

Jaguar14.jpg

Jaguar IM on a truck..

Oh nice and don’t forget our favorite Patni SU-30MKI on a wheel chair some where after her abdominoperineal don’t want to forget the raptor of the East.

@Windjammer

you know I find hilarious when a Pakistani asks what did India do or contributed to tejas.

you people have no shame

totally reliant on China for even the nuts and bolts on chengdu designed thunder you have the cheek to ask.what India did ..

let me educate

Hal.is a indian company as is drdo .. check.who designed and built tejas...
the quadeuplex flight control.
the entire composite airframe
the wind tunnels
computer sims
the assembly plants
the jigs
the test centres
the engineers
the designers,
software and avionics

we have an entire nationwide infrastructure now in place
yes it has some high end western technology like usa engines., israeli.helmet mounted display , israeli weapons but the rest is all.indian

what should we call a plane who was given go ahead in 1983 and first technology demonstrator flew in 1995, still struggling and being forced upon air arms?
Obsolete, perhaps not, but too late to the party. You guys will have good strength of Tejas around 2030, almost 50 years since it's inception.
Tell me Tejas targets when it was first planned and how much did it achieve according to it's Gantt Chart?

nationwide infrastructure now in place
and yet India has almost same number of Tejas as it has of Rafales. Is India's nationwide infrastructure less than that of Pakistan which churns out around same number of JF-17s a year than total Tejas India have?

Others looking at your Tejas program would call it 'pathetic'.

Jf-17 maiden flight was in Aug 2003, a year after Tejas maiden flight (June 2002). How many Tejas vs JF-17s flying?

Pakistan initiated JF-17 program in 1995, Tejas initiated it in 1983, so What good did a decade and two being ahead give to India?

you know I find hilarious when a Pakistani asks what did India do or contributed to tejas.

you people have no shame

totally reliant on China for even the nuts and bolts on chengdu designed thunder you have the cheek to ask.what India did ..

let me educate

Hal.is a indian company as is drdo .. check.who designed and built tejas...
the quadeuplex flight control.
the entire composite airframe
the wind tunnels
computer sims
the assembly plants
the jigs
the test centres
the engineers
the designers,
software and avionics

we have an entire nationwide infrastructure now in place
yes it has some high end western technology like usa engines., israeli.helmet mounted display , israeli weapons but the rest is all.indian
A loser who even had to adopt a fake identity just to appear on PDF so he could have a voice and habitually talk out of context shouldn't even talk about shame.
Let me knock some sense into your echo chamber......you creatures claim to manufacture the SU-30.....now try even selling a wheel to a third party.....and try to digest the fact that it's PAC and PAF that is displaying, Marketing and selling the JF-17 to foreign countries....
And since you are about to swallow yourself, your own kind were once calling DRDO as Pakistan's secret weapon. :lol:

A loser who even had to adopt a fake identity just to appear on PDF so he could have a voice and habitually talk out of context shouldn't even talk about shame.
Let me knock some sense into your echo chamber......you creatures claim to manufacture the SU-30.....now try even selling a wheel to a third party.....and try to digest the fact that it's PAC and PAF that is displaying, Marketing and selling the JF-17 to foreign countries....
And since you are about to swallow yourself, your own kind were once calling DRDO as Pakistan's secret weapon. :lol:

In the old PDF DRDO was called DODO for a reason lol

you asked what we did to design and build tejas...
I answered your question
why you need to derail.the thread yo.su30 or fake id wreaks of inferiority complex trolling jibes...typically when.you have been brutally rebutted

Posters missing the point here.

LCA, MK1A not even in production, JF-17 combat proven (twice!) and exported. Specs for different versions maybe similar.

What is the point is that LCA has taken so long now that it will not be competing against JF-17, as even Block III production will come to an end in 2-3 years.

MK1A will be rolling out the same time as whatever replaced JF-17/F-16 will be, and that will be 5/6th Gen.

Yahoo News
Swarajya
India, US Close To Signing $700 Million Deal To Acquire 100 'GE 404' Engines For Tejas Mk1A Fighter Jets
Swarajya Staff
14 July 2021, 5:50 am
9360b95b03a6f028e002977521dfacde

In what would signify further deepening of defence ties between India and the United States (US), the former is set to sign a deal to acquire 100 fighter jet engines worth $700 million from US-based General Electric (GE), reports Economic Times.
The procured GE 404 engines will be used to power the Mk 1A version of the indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas. The said engine is already being used to power the Mk1 version of the LCA Tejas which is in service with the Indian Air Force (IAF).

Earlier in February, India had formally signed a Rs 48,000 crore contract to acquire indigenous LCA Tejas Mk1A fighter jets with the state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
India and the US are said to have almost completed the negotiations and all issues related to the supply are said to have been sorted out.
Once inked, the engagement would mark the biggest India-US defence deal since February 2020 when India had placed orders to procure MH-60 Sikorsky Romeo multi-role helicopters and Apache attack choppers during a visit by the then-president Donald Trump.

so the only thing indian about Tejas is the paint job

Posters missing the point here.

LCA, MK1A not even in production, JF-17 combat proven (twice!) and exported. Specs for different versions maybe similar.

What is the point is that LCA has taken so long now that it will not be competing against JF-17, as even Block III production will come to an end in 2-3 years.

MK1A will be rolling out the same time as whatever replaced JF-17/F-16 will be, and that will be 5/6th Gen.

firstly you don't have single block 3 in service

if as you claim. jf 17 ends in 3 years then you only buying 30 off China.
because it will.take China 3 years to deliver 30 block.3 thunders

mark 1a,rolls out in 2024

which chinease 6th gen fighter rolls out in 2024.
your post makes no sense even chinease don't make these claims
and yet India has almost same number of Tejas as it has of Rafales. Is India's nationwide infrastructure less than that of Pakistan which churns out around same number of JF-17s a year than total Tejas India have?

Others looking at your Tejas program would call it 'pathetic'.

Jf-17 maiden flight was in Aug 2003, a year after Tejas maiden flight (June 2002). How many Tejas vs JF-17s flying?

Pakistan initiated JF-17 program in 1995, Tejas initiated it in 1983, so What good did a decade and two being ahead give to India?

you churned out nothing
China hand delivered 130 thunders in kits to pac
you assembled them.at the rate of 12 a year as the thunder entered service 2010..

when you design and build something even a helicopter then I agree you can compare to tejas otherwise your comparing chengdu to Hal.
and chengdu wipes,the floor with indian Hal.

Back
Top Bottom